Old 07-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #76  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Kaelah - I'm reading "Insatiable" by Meg Cabot. She wrote The Princess Diaries series, but I never read them (love the movies). This book is for adults and is pretty friggin terrible, but in a great way
Ooh, I really like Meg Cabot. I'm in the middle of her Mediator series right now, and I've read a couple of her other books. I haven't read Insatiable but I may need to put it on my list. I love terrible-but-great books.
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls!
Happy 4th of July to all you Americans!

It was Canada day weekend here.... meaning the partying started Wednesday and finally just ended about 10 minuites ago! My body hates me! food, beer, tequila, daquiris, food, more food, and Lots of good times!! I got all my exercise in, so I'm good with that...It's the only weekend that we party our hearts out for - so it was completely worth it - although 5 days of "saturdays" is hard on the body!!

Haley - Congrats on the scholarships - that is frigging awesome!!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! I have to snap back into reality lol.

Cheers to a superb healthy week ahead!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 AM   #78  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday celebrations (American, Canadian, and others)! Today, I'm insanely bloated and downing liters and liters of water. Apparently, 4th of July food = sodium binge.

Anyway, happy healthy Monday!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #79  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, I need to drink water. I ate crabs for the first time last night. Apparently I'm becoming an actual MD resident, and not just a displaced Jersey girl.

Uh, also, how long does it take for a hickey to fade? I kind of look like someone tried to strangle me last night, and that's not the case...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #80  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

omg you just reminded me i think theres one on my neck..hubby gave it to me to be funny after the night i went out
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #81  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Stella - I'm glad to hear that you're doing better! I heart crabs, how did you like them? Also, hickey? Do tell! In my experience the really bad ones take anywhere from 3-5 days, and the not so bad ones take 2-3 days.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend! I'm happy to report that I'm 171.5 this morning I did very good at all of the bbqs - lots of fruit and veggies! I did have a few chips here and a brownie there, but I did very well and drank lots and lots of water. And I only had 2 or 3 beers yesterday.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #82  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Mary - this was my first time eating them, they were steamed with Old Bay, and not too bad.

Yeah, this one is kinda bad, but it seems to be fading already. I wear my hair down usually, and that covers it.

There's nothing really to tell, it was this guy that I've known for a while and uh, as I put it to my best friend, I just wanted to see if I still got it. The answer is yes, yes I do, and I have the marks on my neck and soreness on my back to prove it. (I may or may not have gotten slammed against a brick wall last night)
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #83  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls!! I hope everyone had a great 4th! I bbqed chicken and veggie kabobs.... Yummmmmmy!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Jenny ~ Hope your first day back to reality went well.

Theresac ~ I am downing the water today too.

Stella ~ Good that your hair covers the hickey. LOL

Jazz ~ Sounds like good bbq food!!!

I went out with my best friend and her husband this afternoon to celebrate her promotion at work. We went to eat at Johnny Rocket's and we were laughing about how, in college, I always said that I wanted to get proposed to at a Johnny Rocket's with the ring sticking out of the straw dispenser. My friend's husband was cracking up because he was like "I never knew you would be the type for a public proposal" and I am totally not....so he would have to rent out the restaurant, but that would totally tip me off

I am in the middle of making a scrapbook for a friend of mine and I just spent so much money at Jo Ann Fabrics....but i loved every minute of it I may or may not be debating going to Michael's tomorrow to see what they have. LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #85  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Chele, I LOVE scrapbooking! I make a new scrapbook every year for my niece and nephew. It's my favorite hobby but, boy, it's expensive!

I did my first day of C25K and I am SORE. My muscles and joints in my legs really hurt. It's over an hour and a shower later and my body temperature is still up. I came home shaking and had egg whites and grapes to calm myself down (had already scheduled them into my day)... phew!! I am outta shape!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Oooooookaaaaaaayyyyyyyy ladies.... I'm back YET AGAIN.

It's so nice to see so many of you here who were here before.... and to those of you I haven't met yet.... I look forward to learning about your stories, supporting you through your struggles, and applauding you for your victories :-)

Luckily... I'm really in the same place I left you. Well... I guess that isn't so "lucky" -- I've been working really hard!! Where I've been slipping is with food, as it always is. Exercise is what's keeping me at the same weight instead of gaining...but I really really need to do this.

I'm graduating in December with a degree in theatre... and I have been told by many people (included very respected NYC casting directors) that the talent is there for me to get work.... I just have to fit the look. So this is it... I can't screw it up this time because I'm about to enter the "real world" where all of this will REALLY REALLY matter more than it has before.

I hope you all don't mind me jumping back in. I have to say... I don't know why I ever left.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #87  
I will do this.

I am so glad you are back!!!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

OMG Taylor!! I am so glad to see you're still here....AND YOU ARE DOING AMAZING!! Holy crap!! You are on fiaahhhhhhh
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

My fellow Bostonian is back!!! Welcome back
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #90  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Stella, let me extend an official welcome to Maryland, now that you've had crabs. . They are one thing we do better than just about everyone else. Oh man, crabs, Old Bay, and beer. MMmmmmmMmmMmmmmmMMm.

Chele, mmmmm, scrapbooking! That's a hobby I've always wanted to start, and still haven't. It's always looked like a lot of fun, but also terribly time intensive.

Kaelah, congrats on starting c25k! You're going to be running in no time. I will be cheering you on from, uh, my couch.

Artsnsmarts, first, I love your name! Second, welcome back. It looks like you've made great progress so far, and you already know that the women in this thread are super supportive. You can totally do it, especially since you've already got great exercise habits.

I am 100% back on track after a crazy weekend. I got to take all of today off, and I enjoyed every moment. Also, my CSA (yes! a CSA! in Benin! I love it!) gave me a whole extra basket today because I keep bringing in new subscribers. I really love the fresh organic vegetables, and I just can't stop talking about how great they are. I'm not sure Bertrand and I'll be able to eat it all before it goes bad, but we sure are going to try. If anyone's got any great carrot recipes, I have 2kg that I need to use up before next week.

P.S. platformnine, I just saw your new picture go up! You look great!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote