Old 06-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #1  

Default I'm so angry w/ my boyfriend...

last night he came home from work and ate an entire box of Cap 'N Crunch for dinner with half a gallon of 2%. THE WHOLE BOX!!!! That stuff is so terrible for you. It really p*sses me off that I work so hard to be healthy and take care of my body and just doesn't give a crap about himself. We're talking about having kids in a couple of years, and what kind of example will that set for them?? I know I'm getting worked up over a box of cereal but it's just so irritating to me!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #2  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

I feel you. Mine can eat whatever he wants pretty much and doesn't gain an ounce. Granted, he is 6'10 so it would be hard to notice but still...I'm not too pleased with him at the moment. He's playing games but whatever. We shall see.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #3  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

yeah, my bf struggles with his weight a bit, but is so not motivated, if mention us making a change together, he shuts down.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #4  

My b/f always talks about losing weight too. And then he eats an entire box of sugary cereal. Why don't they get it??? So frustrating.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/243/190

Height: 5'5"

lol mine freaking eats a whole large pizza, several hamburgers, and god knows what else because he has a bottomless pit for a stomach, but he doesn't gain anything. in fact he's lost 15 pounds without even realizing it. but i think a large part of it is because he trains in mixed martial arts so he hits the gym a lot...but still...his eating habits make me want to smack him ;(
chavela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I think you should have a long think about this. I remember when I was not in a place to lose weight, and I'm sure you remember too, how much did people who told you what to eat annoy you? You can't force people to eat healthy or care, it has to come from within, you only alienate them.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I think about this too, my fiance is 6"4 and 145 pounds. We talk about having kids, but when I see how he eats I worry he would set a bad example. He eats massive amounts of food at random times of the day. When we have kids there will be meal planning and stuff, I don't know how he's going to deal with not having cereal for each meal! Haha

And it sucks he can eat what he wants.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #8  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

At least with my fiance, usually it's just that he has NO idea what eating healthy is - like, he seriously thinks that an enormous plate of whole wheat pasta covered in cream sauce is healthy! Sometimes I think I take it for granted how much time and effort I've put into learning how to eat healthy.

Maybe your bf is just thinking that a bunch of cereal is healthier than a big meal of eggs and bacon?
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #9  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I can totally relate to this! The guy I'm sort of dating now, who I dated before, is pretty overweight, which doesn't bother me, but he gripes about his body and then eats crap. And it's SO hard for me to stay on track around him. I try not to badger him, but I have suggested just making small changes...I know the idea of a total diet overhaul is intimidating for him, but how hard could it be to cut out a couple sodas a day or drink some freakin' green tea and have a salad?

Sounds unfair because I haven't always been (and am still not) the perfect picture of health...but it's frustating for sure.

Last edited by ThicknPretty; 06-15-2010 at 08:45 AM.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #10  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Ohhh ladies. I think most of us have this problem with the men in our lives. I'm with Smisen-- for me, my boyfriend just hasn't got a clue what's healthy. He'll make us a "healthy" dinner of an entire box of pasta, with a POUND of ground beef. Meat and carbs and the occasional bag of chips. The boy diet.

I can totally relate to it being frustrating watching your boyfriend eat an entire box of cereal.. yummy SUGARY cereal that it would be awfully nice if you could eat too without having to worry about your waistline...! Sadly, as I am trying desperately to learn... my boyfriend's eating habits should have very little correlation to my own. His metabolism is better, his body's not a fan of packing on fat for childbirth, and he plays football (...well, soccer, but he's Irish) 3-4 times a week and comes home sweaty-faced and spent... and I... don't.

It's hard, and I'm not one to talk, beacuse I'm dealing with this right now... but there comes a time where you have to focus on yourself. Your own habits, your own body, your own efforts, your own health.

And then of course analyze why you're upset. Are you upset because you're genuinely concerned for his health, and the horrible sugars and chemicals he's putting into his body? Or are ya just kinda envious that he can eat an entire box of cereal and not wind up in a guilt-ridden fit of tears? (That's where I'd be!)
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #11  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

I'm in the same place. My husband has the metabolism of a 16 year old track star and has never, ever had a problem with his weight. BUT, his family has a long history of heart problems (which concerns me quite a bit), so he's learning to eat better right along with me - but mainly because once we got married, I wouldn't allow junk type food in the house.
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Look at it this way, think about how much time and effort has gone into learning for yourself what's healthy. I look at what I used to do and laugh because it's so glaringly unhealthy but I didn't think about it at the time. A lot of guys take longer to figure that out. It took at least a year of gentle guidance with my hubby to get him to change his bachelor eating habits to something where we will be able to grow old together because he'll live past 35. We would talk about what our goals were individually, we would actually listen to each other, and then figure out what our mutual goals were. But it has taken a lot of training on both our parts to plan ahead, stock the house with healthy foods, and go to the effort of preparing a days worth of food before going to work each day. How can you eat a whole box of cereal when you get home if you've had enough food throughout the rest of the day?

Just be open with him, try not to get frustrated and start lecturing/nagging, and have fun with it! Good luck
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
And then of course analyze why you're upset. Are you upset because you're genuinely concerned for his health, and the horrible sugars and chemicals he's putting into his body? Or are ya just kinda envious that he can eat an entire box of cereal and not wind up in a guilt-ridden fit of tears? (That's where I'd be!)
LOL. I am partially envious, that's for sure!! But honestly he IS a little overweight. And aside from outside appearances, I do worry about what he's doing to his body. He plays sports a couple times a week but sometimes he'll only have 1 HUGE meal a day, and nothing else. I feel like he's messing up his body. And setting a good example for our future children is really important to me.

But honestly, I am SO JEALOUS that he does this. I kinda wish I didn't care and that I could do it too, but I know that's terrible for me.

Clearly I'm not alone in this struggle. Thanks for the advice and support.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

I'm actually on the opposite end. My fiance lost 15lbs by "kinda" watching what he eats , working out (and I am more strict on my workout regime than him as he works on the road and it can be hard for him but he's still very good, the min 4-5 times a week, while I am at 5-6x), and he cut out his beer. When he's out with his coworkers after work for beers, he just sticks to water and vodka. I was eating the food foods but obviously smaller portions than him...and I wasn't losing any weight...

And now I'm on a strict diet and watching the scale SLOWLY move.

I hate that he's doing half the work I am... he can eat his damn cin.toast crunch and gain some fat back because ITS SO UNFAIR!!! I hate being the fat kid!! [FYI, he's about 5'10 - 5'11 and he saw 189 on the scale for one brief day last week]

But in all seriousness..... I know what you mean though. Your BF is def not going the healthy way at all.
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #15  
Amazing will be me

Talking

Thats MEN 4 ya ..........DUSTBINS .........mine calls him self the bottomless pit lol
i honestly duno where he puts it & yet he never seems to put much weight on
Its so annoying aswell as they lose faster than us , BOOOOO x
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote