Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I am stuck on BLT's for lunch right now. (I use turkey bacon.)

I also really like english muffin pizzas. (sauce, lowfat mozzerella cheese, & whatever veggies you like) Doesn't take long at all to cook, it's easy, & yummy!

One of my new favorites is a Burrito Bowl. Cook chicken with green peppers, onions, & diced peppers. Put that on top of lettuce, with some black beans. Add some pico de gallo (or just some tomatoes). A little cheese & some fat free sour cream on top. Sooooo yummy. It's kind of like a salad, but it's everything you would put inside a burrito...just without the shell. You could do the same thing with a taco, just throw it all in a bowl instead of a shell. Cuts the calories by 100.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Also, this is my new favorite, I didn't mention it before because it's not a "make it quick right now dish" but if you have a slower cooker, this is an amazing recipe & really easy. It is really good reheated and you can easily freeze it. Pull it out, heat it up, and you have a quick lunch anytime. Eat it with a fork or put it on bread for a great pulled chicken sandwich.

Calories: 149 (1/2 cup)

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 pounds raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
Optional: crushed red pepper

Directions:
Place all ingredients except chicken in the crock pot. Stir until mixed. Add chicken and coat well with sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 7-8 hours. Remove all chicken and place in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and mix well with the sauce.

Makes 7 servings.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote