Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Angry UGH! I got asked when I was due!!

I was at work last night, and I saw a lady I used to work with a few years back. Right away, she leaned over to me and asked me when I was due. Ugh. Of course, 4 guys heard her and burst into laughter. I was soooo embarrassed. I just tried to laugh it off, but it stung a bit. I have lost 31 pounds...I didn't think I looked pregnant 31 pounds ago! Now my "high" from losing has been crushed...feels like I have accomplished nothing! Talk about a bad day!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #2  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Ugh. It happened to me when I weighed about what you do now. I was so embarrassed and then I made a big joke about it and kept rubbing my belly all day and telling people how the baby was doing. I have no idea why she thought that; nobody ever thought it when I was bigger (and I carry all my weight in my tummy). Everyone assured me I didn't look pregnant, so I"m gonna hope they were telling the truth...

Or maybe people thought it and never said it. Haha. It was probably the type of shirt you were wearing and they were probably a little out of it. Who asks that anyway? It's just impolite.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #3  
Quintessential.

S/C/G: 190/186/115

Height: 5'1

Happened to me too! I have really narrow shoulders and thin legs... I too carry most my weight in my mid section. :[ It can ruin your whole day. I just play along...maybe that's mean but it's the only way for me to shrug it off.

Just think you've lost all that weight...soon enough no one will ask you that! Chin up, girl!
darlingbee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Happened to me, too, more than once. The only times I have ever been speechless.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/230/145

Height: 5'7

My goodness! I hope your telling yourself some positve things now! Just keep saying i've lost this much, i'm looking good, I WILL make it to my goal!! I've never had someone tell me that before, but i did notice that in some photos that were taking of me last weekend because of the shirt i was wearing i looked very pregnant....So i won't be wearing that shirt again haha
Deedee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #6  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

You know, I think with some clothes styles people can think that you have on a maternity top, especially older folks. What is even more confusing is the current Hollywood trend of not wearing traditional maternity clothes -- just wearing things very tight. I am sure this lady totally embarrassed herself as well as you. You have done a great job with losing 31 pounds so please don't let it slow you down one minute.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #7  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I don't ask when you are due unless you are practically crowning or your water breaks on my feet. Good way to seriously hurt someones feelings. She should have known better.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:39 AM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

I agree that it's totally impolite to ask someone their due date, even if you're really sure they must be pregnant. If you don't know they are, don't ask! It's so rude. My stepsister had it happen to her and she was so upset about it and she doesn't look pregnant at all. Please don't let it bother you, I agree it could have been the shirt you were wearing or something like that. I have a few shirts that remind me of maternity tops and I'm always a bit leery of wearing them. You've come so far already - hold your head up high and keep going!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I got asked that once and I don't have kids.
I told them I would be due roughly 9 months after someone knocked me up.
They could not apologize enough
I don't ask unless I see a baby hanging out of someone's pants.
Sorry it happened hon!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #10  
Medifaster

S/C/G: 240/234/130

Height: 5'6

Nobody has ever outright asked me when I was due, but I could see curiosity in their faces when I wear certain shirts. I think I'd reply with a snarky joke if they did ask me.

A former boss of mine when I worked at Subway asked one of our regular customers when she was due. She had lost a considerable amount of weight, but gained a few back on, so my boss just assumed she was pregnant. My boss never had weight issues so she did not relate to the yo-yo thing that some dieters experience. Before I could tell my boss that I didn't think the lady was pregnant, she asked her when she was due and if she knew the sex yet! The expression on the lady's face was mortification.
cassandra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6

I've been asked that once and I was horrified. I did notice that the shirt I was wearing could have been mistaken for a maternity shirt I suppose. I threw that shirt out and all like it that day. =X
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #12  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

The woman who asked me was an older lady customer. I was wearing a wrap top, not even a babydoll shirt! I have big boobs, so maybe that was making it gape more? I don't know. Anyway, she had an accent (not too thick, but not not too subtle) so maybe i'ts partly a cultural thing too?

Either way, I had like 15 people tell me they had no idea what she was seeing so I'm gonna go with she's wrong...and totally impolite.

I just love when it happens AFTER you've lost a bunch of weight.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

the other day i was at the supermarket in front of the deli counter picking out a pickle from those pickle barrels...
now i should admit that for some strange reason I was excited by this. I'm hungry lately so the thought of food was rather exciting, but anyway I look up and the deli man was smiling at me. He was totally giving me the look like when are you due? but didnt dare ask.

I ordered my deli & he gave me a slice of my cheese and then a slice of my ham... lol i walked away feeling like he thought i was a fat chick or a preggo chick.

either way i got some free ham i guess. lol

i'm not making light of how you feel, it is very depressing!! but sometimes you just gotta brush it off your shoulders and keep (pickle) barreling forward! A few more pounds from now and you'll be laughing your butt off that these kinds of things use to happen to you!
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Wow, I never knew there were sooo many idiots roaming the Earth. I feel a little better knowing I am not the only one it has happened to! I suppose it could of been the shirt, it is one of those shirts that ties around the bottom. I really like that shirt. Boo. But, I am going to continue forward and just realize that I obviously need to keep going or I might have this happen again! Busted my ego for sure....lol.
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #15  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

I never ask someone when they're due unless I am positive they are preggo!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote