Weight loss confessions

You're on Page 7 of 15
Go to
  • lilkel- i know where you're coming from.

On top of a bunch of other things: I feel more (mentally) satisfied if I can overeat from time to time, so will often eat 200 calories breakfast, 800 calories lunchtime, and 200 calories evening. Then I get a nice full belly for part of the day without feeling too guilty.

Also: I "hate" fat people. I'm uncomfortable around them. I know this is mostly self-hate, and as part of this process I'm making mental exercises of showing compassion and acceptance of the overweight, including myself. This usually includes looking past the body and trying to see the person. I need to realize that I can be alive, active, and happy, even if I'm always obese. (But I also need to lose weight terribly, because I'm dreadfully unhealthy!)
  • Holy necropost, Batman...

Okay, mine? I get in stubborn moods where I'll weigh before bed and if I don't like my progress, I WILL NOT sleep until I've exercised enough to sweat off a few tenths of a kilogram. This might mean doing the 30 day shred multiple times or biking until after midnight. It's also a constant struggle to convince myself to not just eat ridiculous amounts of celery all day...I'm forced to eat school lunches, which can range up to 900 calories, so on school days I feel like I'm eating too much every time and start thinking longingly of lettuce and celery.
  • I never trust my digital scale, so to try to get the most accurate weight, whenever I have a doctor appointment or nutritionist appointment I will fast all day until the appointment because I trust their scales more than mine. If the number is higher than I expect it to be, I will sit in the docs office fighting back tears.
  • Quote: I'm ridiculous because if I eat ONE little tiny thing that I didn't plan, I feel like I've ruined the day and have gone way off the wagon. Yesterday, for instance, I ate ONE starburst...one...and I felt like I had just blown it. It's like there is this rational part of my mind that knows that a 20 calorie starbust does not a diet ruin, but also this crazy obsessive part that freaks out in fear that I am heading right back down binge lane.

I also did something silly the other day...I was going to weigh and of course, I always take all my clothes off, and I had a sudden, new, GENIUS idea: Take my glasses off, too! I actually thought it would make that much of a difference...? And in a way it did...I couldn't read the numbers. Lol.

I'm a dork.
    I had a great giggle at this... heehee
  • Confessions... wow, where to start?

* I weigh first thing in the morning, after peeing and naked.
    * If I eat a lot on a certain day I will weigh again at night even though I "know" the scales are going to show a gain!
    * I don't want to drink anything after supper for fear of water weight gain the next morning.
    * At the doctor's office I insist on taking my shoes off to weigh.. and usually ask my weight.
    * I don't care for most fruits, I don't hate them, there are just way more other things I would rather have.. but I am a carbohydrate addict!
    * I don't drink any drinks with calories~ none! However, I will eat fat-free candies all day long.

I'd better stop here! LOL
  • I had to join in on this thread! Okay here goes:

1) I weigh myself constantly througout the day. I would say I weigh myself about 5-6 times a day. I can't stop myself (hiding the scale does not work).

2) I drink water constantly because I know it makes a different in my weight loss. I drink so much water I'm even looking into getting home water service (and I live alone).

3) Okay this one is really embarassing-I take pictures of my face throughout the day. I have a tendency to bloat in my face first if I eat something too salty so I am constantly "monitoring my face" to make sure it doesn't look fat. So weird!!

4) I notice everything about my body. I never was so observant about my body before I started losing weight. I have a fear of flabby skin and my boobs shrinking too.
    • I constantly compare myself against one friend in particular because we are similar in height and about 20lbs apart right now. It works well when she's losing because I want to lose, too, but when she gains I find it (unconsciously) difficult not to gain, too.
    • I am doing this, first and foremost, for vanity. If it helps me climb more mountains or run more 10K's in the long run then that's just cool, extra bragging rights.
    • I live in dread of becoming the "big sister" since I've always been smaller than my sister.
    • I hate how petty/competitive/judgmental I am about this process.
  • Which friend is that, Kahokkuri? H?

Confession: I feel like I have failed massively because I am 3 lbs heavier than I was a week ago (and it is probably like 85% water weight). Being ruled by the scale is dumb.
  • I've begun weighing myself every morning. Worst decision ever. It sets the tone for the rest of my day sometimes. I woke up this morning and saw a 1.2 pound gain from yesterday and was immediately in a bad mood. Sometimes I weigh myself twice even...and I refuse to weigh myself after I've eaten. This morning, my roommate beat me to the shower and was in there for 20 minutes. Instead of eating while I waited, I purposely held off so that I could weigh myself first.

I want to see my performance increase but I also want to look better. There are a few guys I've been interested in over the past year who blew me off and I know one did so specifically because of my weight. The others I kind of just figure did so for the same reason because they liked talking to me online...but disappeared after they saw me in person. I want them to see me after I've thinned out and maybe, just maybe, feel a little stupid for ditching me, even as a friend. I'm currently 6 pounds overweight, is that really worth hurting someone over? I'm not even worth being friends with? Yeah, hold that thought...
  • i shamelessly weigh myself before and after every time i poop :\
  • 1) I had my brother hide my scale so that I wouldn't weigh myself so much in one day.
    2) When my mom was younger she was 120 pounds and a size 7. She said that she's thick waisted. I asked her if I was too and she said yes. On the inside I hoping that when I'm 120 pounds that I'm not a size 7. I want to be a size 4.
    3) I hate going to the mall with my friends because they can shop at whatever store they want. I'm always stuck by shoes, socks, or jewelry.
    4) I think that if I don't lose weight, I'm going to stay unattractive and I'll never be married or have kids.
    5) I feel like I'll be more social and have more friends if I lose weight.
    6) I threw out the frozen chicken nuggets because no one was eating them but me and I was having a hard time with portion control.
  • Quote: Which friend is that, Kahokkuri? H?
    Yerp. She carries her weight so much better than me, though, that it's really just a silly numbers game. Even when our weights were closer she was still two or three pants sizes smaller than me.
  • I too am a naked morning weigh in person. I also peek at the scale during the day.
  • ok, so I've never told anyone these things, I find them embarrassing, here it goes:
    -I weigh myself in the mornings and afternoons with no clothes, after going to the bathroom
    -I never weigh myself with wet hair
    -when I get in the scale, I try not to let my toes touch the scale...because that will give a higher number (of course)...
    -I am just getting around to do something about my weight, but I would say I spent a YEAR, writing down how much I wanted to lose weight and a plan but never did it.
    -I am an emotional eater (I literally just realized it today). I had a bad day at work and ALL I wanted was fast food, came home and exercised instead.
    -I don't acknowledge that I am trying to lose weight. When people around me talk about their own weight loss, etc. I pretend I don't care too much about it.
    -My biggest motivation to lose weight is to get wear super cute outfits and get more male attention
    -I had always been at 135 lbs so it took me a VERY long time to realize I was very heavy. I bought bigger, bigger clothes but somehow I didn't really comprehended my weight gain earlier. When coworkers would drop hints that I should "exercise" I would just brush it off.
    -Whenever I went to the store to buy clothes I would pick smaller sizes and never be able to fit in those clothes so I have a TON of clothes that are too small (for now) and I just tell myself that I will lose the weight anyways so I might as well buy it...
    - I do NOT like overweight guys, which is why it is hard finding someone I like given my current weight.

...wow, I really do have a lot to say, LOL
  • Quote: - I have my own 'contest' in my head with one of the girls on this forum! I respect her and her progress and wanting to keep up with her keeps me going. I'll never tell which one though!
    LOL, I have my own contest too, and I will never tell either but it does keep me motivated!!!