Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 191/141/122

Height: 4'10.75"

4'10.75" here! I disappeared from 3fc for a long time, but had to jump back in when I saw this thread, I love being short!
littleflip66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

Petites short?! I'll have to scour the racks the next time I'm at Kohls!

I started taking a sewing class to learn how to hem my own pants... and I've successfully ruined a dress, a pair of workout pants, and a pair of jeans. Sewing is hard! I was able to hem one pair of pants and I'm so proud of them.

Welcome back littleflip! I like being short, I just wish I were a little less short!!
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 191/141/122

Height: 4'10.75"

Sewing is hard, having to hem everything sucks! I do it by hand, it takes me hours to hem just one pair of jeans. I really should learn how to use a sewing machine.
littleflip66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #34  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Angry Mittens!

I've only had one pair of pants hemmed (can't sew at all, haha) but I try to buy short when I can find them. Otherwise I just cuff up the pants or end up just letting the bottoms get destroyed. I'm trying to get better at that, though!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #35  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I either have my mom or a tailor hem my pants. I used to know how to sew but I haven't touched a sewing machine since high school and I don't have one here at my house. My husband keeps saying he needs to buy me one so I can just learn to make some of my own clothes.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I have a sewing machine....but I broke it back in November/December, got it serviced (and "fixed") in January....and the last time I took it out to use it (couple of months ago) it started acting up again. Really annoying because it cost me $100 to get it serviced. Wish the darn thing would just work!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

I've decided to quit my sewing hobby for now. I waste more money ruining clothes than I save on alterations! I get so jealous of my friends that can walk into a store, try on pants, and have them fit off the rack!

My other short annoyance? Counter height! I use a stool in the kitchen almost all the time to make doing dishes, stirring the soup pot, chopping vegetables more comfortable.

Okay, be honest now shorties. Do you ever check out other short girls and ask a friend, "am I taller/shorter than her?" I'm guilty of it. Guilty guilty guilty!
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #38  

I remember hating the dryers in my apartment complex in college. Since they were stacked on top of each other, it was so hard to get all my clothes out if I had to take a top one.

I don't think I compare my height to other women/people, but I do look at people and think "do I weigh as much as her? less? more?" Or, I'll see someone my height that has a great figure and I really want to go up and ask them "how much do you weigh?" So I have an idea about my goal weight. lol I'd never actually do that.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #39  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I'm 5' 3" and I consider myself short too. I have always compared my fat to a pop can. When you step on it it compacts all the tin and it makes "rolls". Everything is more compacted on our smaller bodies. If I was only a few iches taller, those rolls would have more space to go and it would look better
I used to drag out the sewing machine to hem all my jeans but I got tired of it and kind of hate how they look "sewn" Now, I usually just line up the new pair with an older pair that is already altered and use them as a guide to cut across the legs. They usually fray a but it's kind of stylish. I love it when I can find nice fitting petite sizes. My pet peeve is how capris always end up looking like pants on me LOL.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnlow28 View Post
I'm 5' 3" and I consider myself short too. I have always compared my fat to a pop can. When you step on it it compacts all the tin and it makes "rolls". Everything is more compacted on our smaller bodies. If I was only a few iches taller, those rolls would have more space to go and it would look better
I used to drag out the sewing machine to hem all my jeans but I got tired of it and kind of hate how they look "sewn" Now, I usually just line up the new pair with an older pair that is already altered and use them as a guide to cut across the legs. They usually fray a but it's kind of stylish. I love it when I can find nice fitting petite sizes. My pet peeve is how capris always end up looking like pants on me LOL.
OhMyGosh yes! There are some really cute dressy bermuda shorts that I love, but they're supposed to fall just above the knee....on me, they fall below my knees....and just look weird.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #41  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickapea View Post
Okay, be honest now shorties. Do you ever check out other short girls and ask a friend, "am I taller/shorter than her?" I'm guilty of it. Guilty guilty guilty!
I do it once and a while when I see a girl that is a few inches shorter than me. I do it a lot when I see men about my height.

I love tailors! Even when I buy 'short' jeans I still need them hemmed. And in the kitchen I have my very own step ladder! I do admit I get lazy and ask my hubby for something high up rather than getting it myself.

Here's pet peeve of mine: What ever car I buy, it has to have seats that move up and down too so I can see over the wheel! My first car was a 64' Chevy Nova with bench seats and I had to sit on 3 phone books!

I also believe if you're a shorty a pound or two can be more visible because you're so 'compact', there's no where else for it to go but out! LOL

I love being short though
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 138/138/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickapea View Post
When I was a kid, I was able to tell who was taller/shorter than me. But now, my perception must be skewed because I always think I'm taller than I really am. I think people who are 5'3" are the same height. And then I realize that they are way taller than I am

I also find it hard to take people seriously when they are shorter than me. I guess because it is so rare... and I begin to wonder how tall people take me seriously!
tomato sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote