Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #16  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

What the...? The fat twin....?

Really??

That's just... mean.

Anyways.

Mine was when I decided to finally take the step to meet my best friend online of two years and give it a shot with him, relationship wise. I so didn't want to meet him at that high weight. I got to about 194, from 235+. He was definitely happy with what he saw.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/147/125

Height: 5'0"

My very humiliating AHA moment was when my family was at IHOP and when I placed my order the waitress asked if that was all! MEANING did I order for EVERYONE at the table. I quickly said no that was my order and she raised an eyebrow. I tried to act as if nothing was wrong but when the food was brought out to us my oldest son asked me if I was going to "eat all that food" and I had enough! I want to be someone my kids are proud of!
Lilybug418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

I have had so many over the years, and each one I ignored.

I remember realizing that my belly makes a slapping noise against my thighs. Embarrassed, but ignored it.

I remember the day that the ring my parents gave me on my 21st birthday no longer fit me and for the first time in 5 years, I had to pry it off, put it in my jewelry box and forget about it.

I remember the day that my boyfriend said he was only attracted to me *sometimes* now because of the weight gain.

I remember putting on everything in my closet and nothing fit.

I remember going to wearing only sports bras because I couldnt fit any of the bras in target and couldn't afford one in a specialty shop. I mean, a 46B? ... ugh. A fat girl that STILL doesnt have boobs!!!

I remember realizing that people stared at me when I ate.

I remember coming to terms with the fact that I would eat fast food in the car because I didnt want people to see me eat it, and I would drive from drive-thru to drive-thru, hiding the meals from the last stop under the seat so the NEXT drive-thru lady wouldnt see my stock pile of food... I was SO fat that I was worried about the opinion of the drive-thru attendants - who also all knew my name and my orders.

I stopped going to see my family across the country because I was embarrassed to be seen like this, and I started blocking their attempts to come see me because I knew in San Diego - they would want to go to the beach and that was the last place I wanted to be in ANY state of undress.

I realized I was spending upwards of 1000/month in food and was broke because of compulsive eating habits.

I realized that I have no full body pictures of myself - only my face, and only from a specific angle. - My family, since they havent seen me, want pictures and I pretend not to hear the requests.

.... Sadly, All of those SHOULD have been a-ha moments. They were certainly moments that made me depressed, sad and uncomfortable. Funny, how the pain of being overweight and the thought that I should be trying to lose weight completely poofed away the moment I had money in my pocket and could go gorge myself on food...

The big, ultimate a-ha moment kind of happened accidentally. I was on, yet another "i'm gonna lose weight kick" and admittedly, was doing it half heartedly. I lost about 20lbs over the course of almost a year, by eating a little less, starving a little here and there... (completely unhealthy!) But I decided to video myself in my weight loss process and the shock that came from watching myself wear my favorite clothes, squeeze into a bathing suit, walk around the room, get a side view, a front view and UGH a BACK view... - That video destroyed me. I didn't leave the house for DAYS, I barely ate. I cried and cried and cried. I had no idea I looked like that... and after about a week or so, I have been able to use that pain as power. I will never ever cry over how I look again and that was my a-ha moment.

Last edited by GonnaTurnHeads; 05-21-2010 at 12:01 PM.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #19  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

That's pretty intense, GonnaTurnHeads! THanks for opening up.

For me, it was a general apathy towards food. I had an eating disorder, I would binge and obsess over food and my next meal and if I was hungry I was SO cranky and I'd whine and ***** and it was pissing off my boyfriend like no other

One day I just stopped caring. I'd been trying to lose weight before, and after I stopped caring about food, the weight started to come off.

It was more like a "Meh, I don't really care about eating Cheetos anymore."
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #20  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

A few for me... seeing pictures that my mom's husband took of me when I didn't realize he was doing it at a trip to the zoo (thought he was only taking pics of my kids and I was far enough away!). I was dodging the camera like crazy (that was an aha in itself too, I was TERRIFIED of that thing!). I did VERY reluctantly pose for one with my mom and looking at that photo makes me so sad. I was smiling for the camera but there's so much pain and humiliation in my eyes. Plus, my face looked twice the size of my mom's. Ridiculous.

Another, my mom, who's always been slim, has started putting on pounds in pre-menopause...and she's upset over being about 10 lbs more than what my goal weight is...at her highest weight ever.

Bad one- at the beginning of my journey I weighed more than I did right before I gave birth to my twins...FOUR YEARS ago. Wow. Really, Rainy?

There are more but I won't go into them all now. Most of all though, I am getting married in July. I realized 6 months ago when I started my journey that there is NO WAY I wanted to get married looking the way I did. My fiance loves me for me and I'm completely lucky, but I want to look and FEEL wonderful on my wedding day. I started at a tight size 22 and now my 16s are feeling a little loose. I'm proud of myself, but have a long way to go. And AHA! I don't ever want to go back.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #21  
~~Live And Let Live~~

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I've had quite a few moments like that. Over the years, I've lost weight and then put it right back on. I finally got to the point where I am sick of being depressed. I had a wreck about a month ago and totaled my truck. After that, I became very depressed and down about everything. I was taking it all out on my hubby. We still haven't had a fight since we've been together.
I knew it was my fault for the way I was feeling. I seriously was considering going to therapy to try to figure out why I was so depressed but that morning, I got up and started running. Afterwards, I couldn't believe how good I felt. It really helped me clear my mind. So ever since then, I've been working out everyday.
For me, it was knowing that I was making marriage harder than it had to be and making my husband upset and angry because I was.
And we're really trying to have a baby this year. Of course, I want a girl so I found this really cute pink bow and put it on my eliptical so it gives me motivation when I'm running cause I want to be a healthy mommy.
TaintedDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote