Old 05-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Have you felt this way?

My thoughts seem kind of jumbled right now, so hopefully I can get this out in an understandable way.
I'm below my original goal weight of 161 and above my new goal weight of 145... Lately I haven't been able to stay on plan and was really analyzing myself to figure out why. I feel like on the one hand I look much better than I used to and am in the healthy weight range for my height. On the other hand, I want to be smaller, I do not look how I thought I would look at this weight. I had gotten down to 153 and was really excited, only to gain a few pounds back. Now I'm hovering around 155. I get really motivated to see the scale drop, but that's followed by a craving of some sort of food that's not on plan and I keep thinking about it until I have it. I can't help but wonder if maybe there's a part of me saying that almost is good enough.. but that's definitely not the same part who gets dressed in the morning. =/

Have you had a hard time deciding what to do with your weight loss? To continue or to stop... and if stop, how long did you give yourself to decide if you're going to continue losing?

Last edited by stargzr; 05-13-2010 at 04:50 PM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I went through that. I let myself hover for awhile (several months!) in the low 150s before going down to the 130s. Think of it as trying maintenance on.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #3  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

I've been struggling with that lately. I'm about 20lbs from the goal I set when I first started and now that I'm so close it actually kind of scares me. I wonder if I should pick a different weight or just go for that one. I picked my weight because that's what I was before having my 3 kids. But my body has changed with pregnancies/breastfeeding and I'm really nervous about it. Right now I kinda just figure that when I get to that magic number I'll know..
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I am in the exact same position at the moment. its like im happy with my progress, relatively happy with the way that I look, but I feel like I need to keep going, just not ready to maintain yet. And im not sure why Maybe the idea of coming off weight loss is scary after being on it for so long
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I'm realizing that i am in the same spot as you. I really wanted to try to get lower than 120, but my body isn't doing it, and honestly i feel fine here and can still cheat now and again and not budge, but at the same time i really wanted to see the teens....tough call, but i am thinking about really focusing on the fitness end and maybe one day more weight will come off!

Take a break for a little while, see how you feel maintaining, then make your decision later on down the road if you want to lose more weight! Good luck!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

At least you're still thinking about where you want to be! The last time I reached a goal I set of 170 lbs (2 years ago) I was so excited that I totally threw myself out of weightloss mode completely. That meant I was drinking all the time, getting the fried pub foods, and not exercising because I "made my goal". I know this doesn't make any sense at all but that's what happened.

Just keep on holding yourself accountable and test out new weights. If you want to be less focused on what's on the scale (as I'm sure that the numbers are not moving quick anyway with little to lose), then focus on your strength and how your clothes fit.

When I get to 170 I would like to take a break to test out maintenance at that weight before I kick it in high gear again to reach 165 or maybe even 160. It will mostly involve a focus on activity level vs. diet.

Last edited by prepping; 05-14-2010 at 12:22 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #7  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Back in the day when I lost a lot of weight I felt pretty confident and let it get to my head.. I guess when I hit a certain point I got this good enough attitude and assumed i'd never gain it back.. no matter how much you want to fight it, fight it and work through it otherwise you will regret it. If you crave a food and you decide you are going to eat it, do the right thing and only eat a half portion of it.. that's enough to give yourself what you want and still feel good that you stopped. That's a trick I knew about and ignored and now wish I hadn't.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote