Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #121  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Morning ::grumble grumble::

Val - welcome back! Stick around... this place is really fantastic at keeping you accountable and you've lost 50 lbs!!!! That's awesome!

Samantha - WOOHOOO! I want an easter egg hunt!!!! Last year I watched the 2 kids across the street. Theres maybe a year difference between the 2 of them so they may be 3 and 4. They totally tackled and kicked each other's butts for eggs last year it was great.

Soooo... I would just like to throw out there that I really dislike the bar scene. I dislike drama and that's why I stopped hanging out with certain parties because EVERY time it's some BS. However, I am REALLY glad I have no hangover today. I did PRETTY well all things considered. DD or not it's hard not to give in to peer pressure. The worst thing I did last night was eat a chicken sub on whole wheat from subway. It has tons of veggies but whatever dressing they put on it was really sweet so I'm sure that just killed it. I had 3 Miller Lites throughout the night. NO cupcakes. However, when I rolled into my house at 3:40am I did succumb to half a cheese bread stick *shakes fist at parents* and I had 2 hot dogs with no buns. Could've been better, could've been worse.

Lots of cleaning to do to day. I haven't done ANY all week and have been putting it off. I can't even THINK about the gym until I do that.

For those of you that are headed out of town today -- HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Well, I'm off to the suicide hot lines! Hopefully, it won't be too busy today. Then it's off to the gym and home to read some more journal articles. I'm actually finding the topic really interesting, which is a change from most essays.

Hope everyone has a good long weekend. Happy Easter!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Ugh Im working at the emergency clinic tonight so I cant get an extra workout in..Ive been sooo sick of working there for the past month and a half for a bunch of reasons so I *really* dread going there and have been getting my shifts covered.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #124  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Jess - i definitely think i can make it. I guess that means I gotta start training if i am going to prove him wrong. 13.1 miles here i come

feral - i am not a fan of the bar scene if i am not drinking. some coworkers and i went out to dinner for a girl's bday. i had one drink at dinner, but already decided i wasnt going to stay out much longer much less drink. the place we were going to afterward does a happy hour from 8-9 on fridays but is really strict about dress code. well another girl's bf couldnt get in bc of his t-shirt. i was like "oh darn. see you all later" ::scurries back to car:: I also had the 2 pieces of cake i scarfed down

i am beyond tired but going to try to stay up a little longer since my sister is home from college. no workouts for me for the past 2 days. there is a group here that does free bootcamps throughout the week and i went to my first one since october (the cold and i are not very friendly). i thought the words "easter egg hunt" would be enticing. The lady split us into teams and gave use clues to ran around the park and collect eggs that had workouts inside each one ie 50 pushups and 50 tricep dips. My body now hates me
Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Alana ~ That bootcamp sounds like fun...although I'm sure it was torture But I like the idea of a scavenger hunt to find the next workout item. Very cool!

Feral ~ 3:40am?!?!?! I feel like such an old lady...I'm pretty sure I was asleep by like 10:30 last night
Old 04-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #126  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

OK SO.

#1. I'd heard these Emerald cocoa roast almonds were good...but OH MY GOD. THEY ARE FREAKING DELICIOUS. Sweetened with sucralose so no calories from sugar, they are dark chocolate so YAY ANTIOXIDANTS and almonds so YAY FIBER AND "GOOD" FAT.

#2. I pulled out my kickboxing "Group Kick" DVD (by Body Training Systems, I have a ton of BTS and Les Mills DVDs because my mum used to own a women's health club in MD...so she copied all the instructor teaching DVDs for me) and I remember years ago when I did this I could not make it through the whole thing for the first few times well... I MADE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH (with a few breaks for water) but here's the kicker...my 120 pound roomie only made it to TRACK 6 before giving up and there are 10 tracks in the whole thing.

#3. I am so close to the 2-teens I can taste it. Hopefully after this period week it'll drop~.

Boo yah.

Last edited by aliquot; 04-02-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #127  
I will do this.

12 more pounds to go before 199

I cannot even stand it. SO CLOSE.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #128  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

holy crap i am down to 201.8.... i gotta get my wii fit out again prolly tonight
Old 04-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #129  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

lissa and taylor - that's awesome. onederland here you come

chele - oh the pain. but i didnt feel it until the end which was nice.

ali - yum those sound delicious. i need to find a healthy way to incorporate chocolate back into my life.

the 10K i ran last weekend posted pictures. Here is the link. I thought i would share. It also has video. I am over to the right hand side.

off to enjoy the gorgeous weather
Old 04-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I can't even believe how nice it is!!!!! It's like 75 degrees out, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky!! Absolutely beautiful After all the rain we've had recently (and we're still dealing with flooded roads), this is gorgeous!!

I went to the gym this morning to keep reading my book! haha I have only about 45 more pages or so, so I should be done with it tomorrow definitely. I am at a really good part too in the trial. After riding the bike for an hour and doing some work with the weight machines, I went back and did an extra 30 minutes on the elliptical. My foot was feeling pretty good, until about the time I hit 20 minutes....so the last 10 minutes weren't all that fun, but overall it was a pretty successful gym outing.

I've decided to try to up my gym time some, especially on the weekends because I gained back about 8 or so pounds since the Olympics and I really want the scale to start moving in the right direction again. I weighed this morning and I am down two pounds from earlier this week...and I'm still dealing with TOM. So, I am definitely hoping for somewhat of a whoosh next week when TOM is gone. It would be nice to be back to my ticker weight finally!

And one of my most favorite people in the entire world wrote on my FB wall this morning and that kind of made my day

Last edited by Chele615; 04-03-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Sam- I know you like sushi but do you like wasabi? because blue diamond makes wasabi almonds that I swear buy and would probably trade my first born child for... they are amazing

Lissa and Taylor- Were soooo gonna be in onderland sooooon

Alana- that bootcamp/egg hunt sounds like a lot of fun

So I came over to the dark side and tried spinning yesterday and I did the whole thing and I did what the instructor said and I didnt cheat and my body is angry at me today...but a good angry... I hope the scales said 199 tomorrow or I'm throwing it away

I saw Clash of the Titans with the boy last night.... I enjoyed it and then I was talked into watching Alien movies when we got home...very interesting
Old 04-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #132  
Samantha417

hey guys! it's so beautiful out today!

greg came up yesterday. we went out to applebees (or crapplebees, my nickname for it.) i got the under 550 calories spicy shrimp diavolo. It was alright...a bit too spicy for me. I pretty much only ate the shrimp and a little bit of pasta, but I was full with that. They also finally got in MGD 64. WHOO HOO!! it tastes like watered down miller lite, but if you want a beer and to be good, MGD 64 is the way to go.

Today greg and I are going to go out and buy more easter crap. We've just been bumming around all day. We needed a day like this. We're making a mini easter dinner. Honey baked ham, pineapple stuffing, and mixed veggies. I'm so excited for pineapple stuffing!

I'm also down to 142.8 today from 144.6 yesterday. Looks like my whooosh wasn't done! haha!

Old 04-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #133  
I will do this.

OMGOMGOMGOMG

I tried on an Ann Taylor dress in a size 14 for sh*ts and giggles and I ZIPPED IT UP.

It wasn't a horrible fit, but still tight.

I couldn't believe it - I cried in the dressing room.

Very soon I will have gone from a size 24 to a 14.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #134  
I will do this.

Happy Easter/Passover!

I am hoping I can keep myself away from seconds of delish lamb and roasted potatoes...although there are worse things in the world for me I am hoping to only eat a normal size rather than my "OMG IT'S A HOLIDAY AND I MIGHT NOT EVER EAT THIS AGAIN. EVER." mode.

I am in charge this year of making dinner because..... my 33 year old brother and his wife have decided not to come over for Easter. At all. They have no children...and I think my brother thinks it is fun to his 23 year old sister do all the work for her widowed father. Let is not forget I put together Christmas, too....when they were out of town. I mean, I like being in charge of the food because any practice I can get cooking is good and I know what is going in it - but I'd like some help. /end rant

That being said I get to be in charge of the food that is made - which I like anyway so I am making a rosemary and garlic roast lamb, fresh reduced fat rolls, asparagus, roast potatoes and roast turnips -- for dessert an angel food cake with fresh strawberries and light vanilla ice cream.

I know I can't kill my progress having a normal serving of any of those - but I always have an urge to go crazy on holidays....OH OH and also I am not going to have ANY chocolate.

I love you girls. Thank you for all the support you have given me. I know I duck in and out of the chats but I *always* read them and all of you always inspire me to dig deeper and follow my heart.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #135  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Oh I am soooo behind on this week's chat! I'm going to go back and read through, but I don't think I'll have time for any personals. My birthday was a blast, we walked all around NYC for two days straight (so I don't feel guilty about the beers or the food I had) and then I was on my feet cooking, cleaning and setting up all day on Friday for my party. Then I wore heels all night, AND danced. So I don't feel too bad about drinking/eating then either! I didn't get that much water though, and I think today is going to just be a water-chugging day for me.

Have a happy Easter ladies!

ETA: Just skimmed through

Forest - I'm jealous of the Gossip Girl party! Love the dress!!

Shan - OMG OMG OMG I loooove those dresses, especially the pink one!!!

And I know it looks like the conversation is quite over, but I just thought I'd bring it up to say that isn't this forum meant to be for supporting each other on our journeys?

Last edited by platformnine; 04-04-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Closed Thread