Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Exercise Bike

Hey ladies, I'm looking for some feed back on exercise bikes. I'm thinking of purchasing one and I'm looking to spend under $200. I've been looking at Wal-Mart.com and found a few with some pretty decent reviews. Any tips or recommendations? Should I get a recumbent or an upright?
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #2  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I have a gold's gym recumbent bike from walmart. I've been using it pretty regularly for a year and so far it's held up well. I think we spent around $200 for it (but I don't remember exact cost). For me the recumbent was more comfortable, so I figured I would use it more often than the upright, but that's mostly because as overweight as I was/am sitting on a regular bicycle seat just hurt too badly. I don't know which is better, just knew which I would use more.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Do you have a regular bike ? I actually took my mountain bike and bought something called a bicycle trainer and set my bike up with that and it made my regular bike into a stationary bike. It's awesome because I don't have to have an extra machine...and when I want to use my bike outside I can just detach it and use it outside. The brand of bicycle trainer I have is called CycleOps. There are many different models within that brand but there is also different brands as well. They range in price and I think mine was about 180$.
Just another idea =)

Good luck with whatever you decide !

Last edited by PlatinumGi; 02-25-2010 at 10:01 AM.
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote