Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Feral- My car doesnt have a name and why arent you on gchat... I'm avoiding studying and have no one to talk to double sadface... I drive an escape...she needs a name

EDIT... you actually are on gchat

Last edited by HaleyisLove; 02-24-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #167  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

We should name your car Haley. I wasn't on gchat for a while because no one else was on there. You, Stella and David were all MIA and it was depressing that I kept looking at the screen and no one was appearing and talking to me.

Alright ladies, I'm off to therapy. Gotta figure out what to do for dinner tonight too. Hmmmm.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Hi girls!!! I am back from the Olympics and it was such an absolutely AMAZING experience!!! I had such a great time and bought scalped tickets for the first time ever! I was so nervous that they were going to be fakes, but they weren't and we had like 10th row and 4th row seats for two events for half price. It was awesome

I was able to see some curling, the original dance and the free dance. I am a huge skating fan and have known a lot of these skaters for a long time. It was wonderful to watch Virtue and Moir win the gold medal on home ice. I have watched them compete since they were like 13 years old and about 4 feet tall. It's great to see how grown up and mature they are now. Their program was absolutely beautiful! I actually walked past Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban on my way back from the bathroom and Scott Wolf was sitting in the next section over from us. I loved him as Bailey!

I was devastated to hear the news about Joannie Rochette's mother passing away while in Vancouver. She has always been a favorite of mine. Watching her program last night, I was in tears before it even started. I have been in tears all day long even just thinking about it. She skated so lights out considering everything she has been through and her mother would have been so proud of her!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Feral- My car cannot be named Haley...
Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #170  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

OK SO.

I am so proud of myself. I have been REALLY craving ramen, so I made up this vegetable beef ramen recipe today. 8 cups of water, broccoli, onion, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, a touch of lite soy sauce, some chicken boullion powder stuff, and BEEF. I basically just boiled the veggies and seasoning together, when they were a little soft I added the beef and noodles from the ramen. According to the dailyplate one bowl was about 143 cals!

...it was actually a lot less than I thought it was going to be and now I only have 843 cals for today. Oops.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #171  
I will do this.

Um...

spent the day working on midterms. Totally exhausted myself and then the boy and I went out to dinner...and yeah.

Tomorrow is a new day...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #172  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Chele- that is so cool! I was crying during Joannie's performance too.

I went sledding this evening and had so much fun. A friend and I snowshoed over to the athletic fields where there's a great hill, and there was no one else there. We were out for two hours; it took an hour to walk there and half an hour to walk back so I got a lot of exercise and had a blast We've already gotten over a foot of snow and will probably get another foot over the next couple of days. Finally VT is getting some of the skiing weather the rest of the east coast has had all winter.

Last edited by forestroad; 02-24-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #173  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Stella wasn't on gchat because she was in a meeting for 13 hours...

The good news is I survived my presentation and I actually got an award - the nurses across the country were polled on which coordinator at my company was the most helpful, etc, whatever, and it was me It was a total surprise.

I am however going to go pass out soon. I'm bummed because I didn't get to see any of the skating last night because I passed out by 10pm. This may happen again tonight.

Chele - I was glad they won - I thought Meryl Davis was a stuck up little brat and was praying she'd fall on her face and not even medal. Is it wrong? Probably...but she just had a terrible attitude and the Olympics are about good will and all that, not being a little brat.

Wait, is free skate on tonight?

EDIT - My car's name is Belle because she's silver and pretty.

Last edited by stellarosa27; 02-24-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #174  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Stella- that is awesome! cognrats! I'm not surprised tho I think the free skate is tomorrow night.

Last edited by forestroad; 02-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #175  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Mary - CONGRATS on your nsv. That's gotta feel great. I own the 30ds dvd, but i can't bring myself to do it again yet. Its so hard.... thats the kinda thing that i do better in an actual class with other people... I had my own nsv today... see below Still waiting for that whoosh... lol

Feral - WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES. and you just described san diego. minus the tropical. but the beachy makes up for the lack of tropical. and it isn't sticky... the humidity is under control here. and theres plenty of palm trees

Go Taylor!!!

uhh shortandfluffy... massages aren't supposed to HURT... wtf????

stella - 13 hour meeting.... holy mother of.... i'm amazed you survived that. congrats on ur award!

forest - wow sledding/snowshoeing sounds soooo fun!!! jealous....

haley - i think she meant it like: we need to name your car, haley. not actually name it haley. anyways. you have an escape? thats pretty cool. my first car was a green explorer. it had two names... its original name was the green machine. then it became the exploder.... it blew two head gaskets on the freeway, not fun. Now i have a wonderful dark silver mazda 6, and it needs a name. anyways, what color is your escape? color is very important for naming a car

---

So yesterday my back was killin from the kickboxing class i did. this morning it still hurt a bit, but it was doing better. Not 100%, but better. As the day went on, it felt pretty good. I wanted to do kickboxing again, but i decided against it, and did a different class instead, 24SET (strength endurance training), and it KICKS your BUTT. Its not as high impact and twisting as kickboxing though, so ok for my back. I took some portions of the class easy (dropped my hand weights mostly during any part involving back)... and then when it was done i totally felt like i still had some gas left. so i did an HOUR on the ellipitcal. I just kept going... i wasnt planning on doing that! I feel dead now, but great. I had a snickers bar at work today, so that was kinda motivating me to work extra hard .

While i was at the gym, I had a minor NSV: looking in the mirror i noticed that i was visibly smaller. My thighs are smaller, my shoulders are narrower. I reminded me of my old self. It was sooo exciting, and great motivation to KEEEEEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!! one step at a time... The jordin sparks song came on today, and the lyrics are so awesome for this journey we are all on:

http://www.lyricsmania.com/one_step_...in_sparks.html

perfect, right?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Jess - Thai massages hurt. But in a good way. San Diego weather has been so nice, we're lucky. That's pretty sweet that you had a SET class. What did you do there?

Haley - My car is a boy. I like riding him. Ohhhhh the pun. He doesn't have a name though. But he likes when I'm in control. Man, I could go on all day.

Josten - I'm not a fan of apples or oranges but I like bananas (with peanut butter) and a bunch of weird tropical fruits that we don't have in America. Sad.

Feral - Any kids bust their heads open today? Sorry I haven't been no GChat! Will catch up with you properly soon.

Stella - Congrats on the award! Enjoy Florida before you have to go home Pick up some hotties.

Anyway, my biggggg NSV and February goal was met tonight. 10 minute mile! I'm going for speed first, then endurance. 5k hopefully by my birthday. The website is killing me. I didn't realize how much I'd forgotten how to code and then I have to tweak Wordpress. *strangles self* Hopefully that stuff will be finished by Friday and up and running.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #177  
Jess is losing it!

jess - its a crazy mix of everything from step and bootcamp-like stuff to barbells and handwieghts, with cardio and strength mixed together. tonight i did the one at 24 hour balboa. tomorrow i'm going to mission valley center. but its weird walking through the mall in gym stuff... i think i'm gonna change there.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I survived! I am home & resting in bed. For the first time ever I am nauseous after a surgery. I think it may be a combination of a different anethesia b/c of my seizures & also all of the morphine. The doctor said that he removed the affected areas & we may have more surgeries/chemo but I have to wait until my 2wk. follow-up appt. for the results from the pathology report. Needless to say it will be a long 2 weeks. I am trying to stay positive & think that this surgery took care of "it". I am in a lot of pain & have been taking percocet since I got home from the hospital. I don't know how this will affect my next WI...but quite frankly the pain is immense so regardless I will keep taking the pain meds. I didn't stay OP today. I ate 1 100 calorie english muffin & an HNS. I can't keep anything down b/c I keep vomiting. My bf, family, & friends have been awesome & were there when I woke up. I had a full house this evening which was really encouraging to know that I am not alone in this journey. Thanks to all of you also. You don't even know me, but have provided such encouraging & kind words. Thank you for letting me vent on the forum too. I heart you for that!!! Have a good night everyone & happy WI's
Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #179  
Jess is losing it!

karla - I'm glad you are doin good! It's great that you have such an awesome support system You are welcome to vent to us anytime!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #180  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

Karla! You are awesome and I am praying for you quick recovery! Get some rest and feel better!
Closed Thread