Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #301  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Uh oh Evil Haley is about to come out and play and I am scared for the people of Walmart.

Jenny [crap I pulled a Haley!] - I know you wouldn't think so would you? What kind of fruits do you eat? I really need to start adding them back into my diet but am scared to. What plan do YOU follow?

I think my fav veggie is green beans. I eat a whole can of them for snacks very often. I know, sodium, but I like them so I have my vices LOL. I also eat a lot of lima beans/edamamde.

Kelly - that actually sounds a lot like SBD. I have a list of cans and cannots and my therapist said to eat however much of whatever as long as its ON the list. She would rather me binge on 6 eggs or a bag of salad or whatever than binge on other stuff. It may not be healthy, but at least its OP.

EDIT - I just realized I only lost 3.5 lbs in the last MONTH. Crap I need to get on my game.

Last edited by Feral; 02-18-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #302  

Yes. I guess it is similar to SBD. Actually probably more so then the zone. My trainer eats like a caveman would. Seriously haha. He only eats things in season and organic.
My biggest problem is cheese and potatoes. I'm getting better with the potato part. And I can have cheese on my diet its just hard not to over indulge and only eat an ounce a day.

Has anyone ever tried the gluten free beer? I think its called redbridge?
I wonder if it tastes disgusting.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #303  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Kelly- Hello! Welcome! I could never do low carb, i looove carbs omg. Have you spoken to your trainer about the no bread thing? I know a lot of people swear by it, but to me a lovely piece of grainy brown bread cant be bad for you >.<

I'm going to upload some progress pics ^_^
Old 02-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

I just recently started making mini goals, and beleive it or not, they work! So, I think anyways, its a lot less intense I guess to lose 10 lbs vs the allotted 110lbs (for myself). Unfortunetly I came to that conclusion 3 years too late! Better late than never some might say! I have never been under 200 for as long as I can remember, since I was a little girl... so I really have no idea, everyday is a new beginning especially now that I am under 200, I sorta consider myself lucky in the sense that I'm not striving to be skinny again, I'm striving to be skinny once and for all.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #305  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Kelly - I agree! I love how my hair looks this color. The teachers at school always want to touch it.. lol. I even had people ask if I had extensions. So silly. I will have to post pics of my hair later.

I also understand your frustration. I was gaining weight and I didn't realize it! Its like my clothes were getting too small, but my little brain couldn't comprehend it! How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Haley - Walmart SUCKS!

I didn't know carrots had that much sugar. I don't like them anyways, so I guses I am safe. YUCK!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #306  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Icon - I agree! I could NEVER do low carb.. I would surely fail!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #307  

Feral - I followed Canada's food guide for a long time, but I have been stuck at 197 for about 3 months so as of Monday, I'm following The Zone, my dietician gave me the plan... its freaking confusing, but now I sorta like it, I can't binge because I have can and cannot foods, so really my only can food is sugar free jello or fat free yogurt! Its hard to believe but after 4 years, I still need to on a restricted diet plan! frig sakes! I just LOVE bread tho, atleast I eat ezekial...but man I could live off bread, lettuce, and tuna...maybe I should? lol I love all things starchy and they love my hips and thighs

Feral - what plan are you on?
Oh, and I did WW for a while, lost 25 with them, I liked it tho. I need to keep a food journal so I write down what I eat everyday!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #308  

GHOST - Thank you! Believe it or not I don't have a problem not eating bread. It's things like potatos and icecream that I have a hard time with

JENNY- How do you set your mini goals!? A pound a day?

KELLI- I am a little shy of 5'8. I have a skin condition thats in the family of excema called A-Topic dermatitis. I can keep it under control with no problems but in 2004 it broke out pretty bad and every doctor I kept seeing (family doctor, dermatologist, allergist) would inject me with steriods to try to knock it out of me, it'd go away for a week and then come back worse and they'd just give me more. I gained ALOT of weight in a short amount of time and its been all down hill from there. In 2008 I weight about 215 and I took Alli and did low fat (I know horrible idea) and lost 40 pounds in 2 months and gained it ALL back PLUS some so now I am determined to get healthy (the healthy way ) and feel good about myself.

It's so crazy how something like gaining weight can controll your whole life! It really has taken over every aspect in my life from choices I make to how I think of myself. I am ready for a change!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #309  
This is not a test.

kelly- one of my fav lunches is a baked potato with grated cheese I am a low carb trainers worst nightmare Luckily my trainer is very understanding and hasnt even gone there xD

Wait, ice cream has carbs?!?!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #310  

HALEY- Facebook just suggested I add Southern Maryland Fight Club as a friend hahaha perhaps you should take Walmart there?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #311  

GHOST- I can't have sugar either (well some sugars but not sugar sugar) so no Icecream for me. I can't even have chic fil a's IceDream!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #312  

Kelly - I don't set dates, my first mini goal I set was to get under 200 (which was about 9 lbs at the time) and I told myself when I got there I'd do something special for me, like buy something nice or do something that I really enjoy that might cost some money! I really wanted to go on a trip and shop - so as soon as I got to 199, I did! And it felt great! My next mini-goal is 8 lbs...and I'm going to get my hair did (normally I get it done every 3 months but I'm making myself wait) because the worse my hair gets the more I will strive to lose those 8 lbs! It is kind of like tricking my body? I usually aim for 1-1.5 lbs a week! and give myself an extra 2 weeks because of T.O.M before and during when I'm usually up 4-5 lbs of water weight.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #313  
This is not a test.

Kelly- omg what do you eat?!? Can you have frozen yoghurt?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #314  

Jenny - I'm gonna try it! My goal was 10 pounds by St. Patricks day but instead it'll be when I lose 10 pounds I will get my hair done!!

Ghost- nope I eat fruits, nuts, lots of green veggies, good fats like avacados and olives, chicken fish turkey.....stuff like that.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #315  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

Short 'n' F~ Umm...i'm really busy and really stressed and really tired All THE TIME! I haven't turned my tv on in 3weeks (Did see some olympics as I was away for the weekend). I sleep like 10-12 hours on Friday nights then do grad work on fridays and school work all day sunday!
Closed Thread