Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 AM   #1  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default So I didn't go over but I still feel guilty?

I am having a terrible horrible no good very bad day.
So I'm a calorie counter and I tracked what I ate today, which was nothing good. I ate TWO SERVINGS of mac and cheese, a hot dog and 2 servings (which was one big glass) of chocolate milk... I didn't wake up today until about 1 in the afternoon(had a 22 hour day the day before so I needed the sleep) so I know thats why I got off track. It's dinner time and I still have about about 500 or so calories to have but for some reason I feel insanely guilty. Like my calories should have come from carrots and grapes not mac and cheese. Ughhh this is so difficult and I just feel like crying.. It's not even just my weight anymore, my face is breaking out so bad and no soaps (no not even proactive) help me! I've tried everything but I keep getting these huge pimples all along my jaw, cheeks and chin (nose and forehead are pretty clear, knock on wood!) On top of it my hair (is a really great color finally!) but is so dead because of how many times I had to dye it to get it the color I wanted.. so unless I go to the salon and pay 30 bucks for a deep conditioner and then have them style it it usually looks like crap so I just throw it up in a bun.. I'm too fat to fit into any of my jeans, So I basically wear elastic sweat pants and over sized tee shirts, with a super zitty face and my hair in a bun... My husband must be so proud.
nicholealyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Being a true calorie counter like myself you should care where the calories came from only the total number. Good Luck
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

Nicholealyssa, don't feel guilty, like Benchmarkman said, it's the calories that matter for weightloss. For me it's really helped that I cook big healthy meals in advance so when I come home late at night it's easy to just grab a container and put it in the microwave. The mac&cheese happened, now use those remaining 500 calories up the best way possible, and try again tomorrow. It's not necessary for weight loss to eat healthy all the time, but it's better for your health if you try to do it as often as possible. Those jeans will fit you again if you just don't give up And breakouts are sometimes due to hormones or stress and will clear up on their own, apparently even weightloss can cause breakouts. Hang in there

Last edited by Sanna Maria; 02-11-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Thanks guys I'm sure I just over reacted under stress lol I had a chicken breast, some rice and broccoli for dinner and some chips and salsa for my movie snack and I was still 71 calories under Tomorrow I will be back on a normal wake up at 7 am schedule so it should be a normal day
Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

Wow, I'm really proud of you for staying under your calories! Once I have a blow out, even an in-range blow out, I can't get back on track for the rest of the day. What you ate really isn't THAT bad... Mac & cheese provided some carbs (which aren't bad, they give you energy!), sodium (which you need - altho maybe not as much as what's in mac & cheese hehe), B vitamins, maybe a little iron and protein. The chocolate milk has lots of calcium and protein. OK, maybe these aren't the best ways to get your nutrients, but you can't eat perfectly all the time and you made the best out of a bad situation. It looks like you had lots of victories with this, don't beat yourself up because you didn't eat your fruits and veggies on ONE day of your life. No biggie, your body will forgive you - can you forgive yourself too?
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie2010 View Post
... don't beat yourself up because you didn't eat your fruits and veggies on ONE day of your life. No biggie, your body will forgive you - can you forgive yourself too?
I'm in complete agreement. You should never feel guilty about what you've eaten in the past, because it's your NEXT choice that matters.
Too many times in the past i've made the wrong choices or temptation overwhelmed me and i gave in to junk food. And even if i stayed within my calories i always ended up blowing it during the rest of the day. I went "off Track" for one day. Then that one day would turn into One week etc.
The fact that you stayed within calories for the day is such a great achievement with the way you were feeling and even managed to finish off the day with a healthy choice!
Now the lesson you can take from this is "how do i feel when i eat junk as opposed eating healthy?" and try to remember that and try to always have some healthy options available to you.

Why not treat yourself to a salon do? maybe make it a reward for the next 5lbs you lose?
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali87 View Post
Why not treat yourself to a salon do? maybe make it a reward for the next 5lbs you lose?
Thanks guys! That means alot I actually went to bed in a better mood because I was proud of myself for not totally going crazy when I could have!

I actually am getting a spa day as my valentines gift from my hubby so I'm pretty excited about that!