Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

Height: 5'5

Default Jumping in...

So I too need the accountability.

I'm 27, and I'm a Assisted Living Administrator, so I work with old folks. I just got married 4 months ago. My husband is a health nut. His dad is a personal trainer/martial arts expert and has a gym at his house. My lack of dieting and exercise has been an issue between us. I want him to be proud of me.

I did good today. That is how I have to look at it - one day at a time.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #32  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Count me in!

I'm 28 and a high school English teacher. I am currently getting my masters in English. I'm a giant geek and I embrace that fact! I speak 3 languages: Italian, English and Japanese (learned in that order.) In high school I weighed 175 pounds and I regret thinking I was so fat my whole teen-aged life. I hit 230ish when I moved off campus and lived the life of a fast-food junkie back in 2003. I still love sports (hockey, football and baseball are my favorites, but I have been known to watch a soccer match or two.) So now, I am back and have lost the most I have lost in a while without pills or a diet-plan from a book and I'm hoping to keep it going. I would love to PM or email with anyone who wants to become closer or anything like that! We're a pretty cool group so I'd love to meet you all!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #33  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Courtney- I tried something new today with the 30DS. I wrote down all of the circuits and then did them while watching scrubs instead of the DVD. I was able to get myself to do it and at a high intensity, but I didn't feel like I was doing a Workout dvd. I think it will work well for me.

Rosekeet- My mom has always been a health nut, so eating well when I go home is easy. My dad actually just lots 80lbs. He has a very on/off personality, so when the doc told him he needed to lose weight or get diabetes, he lost weight. Now meals at my house are LOTS of veggies and a little meat. I don't think he has had bread in 11 months! He is about at his goal, btwn 190-200 (which is so tiny for him! he is 6ft tall and all muscle) so he is now slowly adding back in some 'treats'. If I could just live at home I know I would lose weight. But... I would go crazy too, so maybe that's not a good option. lol.

Lorie- Glad you did well today. I'm sure your husband is proud of you no matter what, but it will blow his socks off when you hit your goal. You may even be able to beat him up. lol. We are women, hear us roar! lol. You can do it hun.

Sunny- I am a HUGE sports fan too. What teams do you root for? My fav is college football. GO GATORS! But I also like pro football (go steelers!), basketyball (go magic!), and have played lacrosse and rugby. Is Italian your native language? Where are you from?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #34  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post

Sunny- I am a HUGE sports fan too. What teams do you root for? My fav is college football. GO GATORS! But I also like pro football (go steelers!), basketyball (go magic!), and have played lacrosse and rugby. Is Italian your native language? Where are you from?
I'm from Boston and my sports teams reflect it. Sox, Pats, Bruins (even though they have burned me this season...), Revs, everything! Even the Celtics if I'm bored but I am generally not a basketball fan. Italian is my first but I don't know if it's my native, I was born here but I'm first generation to Sicilian parents. I learned English after I started school and we speak Italian at home. I taught in Japan for 3 years and keep up with that language mostly through reading and writing!
I play softball and hockey in pickup games and such but not as much as I would like. How about you?!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #35  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

so I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm just starting over right now. My start weight was 251...I weighed in this morning at 193.8, but I'm sure i've gained since I've had a very off plan day....but I'm back on track as of right now. I am going to stick to my plan and lose the rest of this weight because I'm sick of it holding me back. I definitely need extra accountability...and I'll try and go back and read everyone's stories and catch up on the thread when I get time...but I've been very busy with school and work lately...and so right at this moment I don't have the time.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and losing this weight!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #36  
waisting away

Sunny- I was just curious because you said you learned Italian first. That is neat that you know so many languages. I only know English. I would love to learn German. If only I had the time...

Divine- Welcome! We a looking forward to getting to know you too.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #37  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

ok sign me up someone needs to get up my butt and tell me to stay on track. the past year and a half havent been the greatest i hit so close to my starting goal last winter (2008) and then moved out of a stressful home and put back on 20 pounds then came thisclose to 189 and my mom died, my life went to crap and i put on 10 pounds now am at 200.6 i hate it and want healthy before my 30th bday this sept
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #38  
waisting away

Lissa- Stay on track! lol. You can get to goal. Ill help you, and you help me.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #39  
waisting away

How did everyone do today? I didn't do so well. I felt pretty sick most of the day, so I didn't do much. I ate alright. Not enough to gain, but not enough to lose either. I didn't exercise since I didn't feel well when I just sitting. Ill have to do some extra another day to make up for it.

I did some soul searching, and I don't know why I don't have the motivation that I should have. I am without a doubt doing better than I was, but not 110%. I feel like I need to jump in with both feet, but something is holding me back. I have never been the skinny girl that I so want to be. Don't get me wrong, I have been thin, but I've always been the biggest of my friends and therefore hefty in my mind. I want that to change. I want to know, feel, and believe that I am skinny... eventually. I should probably work on getting there now, and then work on how my brain see's my body later. I guess I don't really know how to work towards something I have never been.

Do you guys ever feel yourself holding back? Why can't I commit and just do it? I know that I am capable of losing the weight. I know I can eat right and exercise, so why am I still this size? ugh. Maybe I should just go to bed and not let my mind wonder at 2am. That's whay I get for putting off homework until the last minute. Night girls. Have a great day tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #40  
waisting away

I learned an interesting tip today that I am going to try out. The tip is to when ever possible, use the restroom on a different floor than you are on. I know I can do this while at school. It is an easy and creative way to get in a little more movement each day. I assume this means that you must use the stairs to get to the other floor and not cheat by using the elevator. lol.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #41  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB View Post
Hi everyone!
Roxmysox: (I love your name!) It sounds like you totally know what you need to do to lose weight and keep it off, which is such a huge advantage. I know you're going to do great at this! And congratulations on your son! Do you find it more or less difficult to do weight loss with a toddler? (I can imagine finding time for yourself would be hard, but I also imagine that he keeps you active.)
It's more difficult now than it was in the past, but I think being a toddler mom is only part of the "problem". I was younger then (only by a few years, but still lol) and we all know the younger you are, the quicker you bounce back. I also had a lot less to lose. It was my first time on a LC plan, and when it's your first go round with super, SUPER low carb, the weight just FALLS off soooo quickly. I mean, I would have weeks of stalls during those couple months, but I STILL managed to get 50 lbs off quickly. It's harder now to accept the slower loss, especially since I just want it gone. Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandfluffy View Post
rox - losing weight to be healthy is one of the best reasons... that is my focus too. my cholesterol is too high so I need to work on that. I do NOT want to end up on medication when I have the power to take care of it myself.
Thank you I'm really comfortable being "overweight" or, as I like to call it "thick" but being so obese is uncomfortable and I notice more and more how I am letting myself "go". I don't take care of myself near as well as I should, and I honestly believe a lot that has to do with my weight. I would LOOOOOVE to be in the 180's, and who knows, I might just like to stay there! I'm built very hourglass-y with really large breasts and backside, even when I'm thinner. I'm comfortable with that, and I like the way it looks on my frame. 180 on me looks a lot smaller IMHO since I carry so much in all the "right" areas haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
Rox- I would love to be my high school weight, but for some reason I thought I was fat then! I think a lot of us have a distorted self image and even when we aren't we think we are fat. It looks to me like you are already started losing weight. Congrats. Now it just has to become a lifestyle. Don't do too much too soon. I tend to do that and scare myself. We can lose this weight together!
Thank you It's just frustrating because once you make the decision to lose the weight it's like "ok, where's my magic genie because I want this gone NOW!" haha
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote