Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default Don't feel like eating

What do you all do when you simply don't feel like eating?

I don't think I'm depressed.... my relationship is going really great (I had some problems earlier, being attracted to one of his friends, and it's still there but I'm learning to ignore it more), I'm starting to plan our wedding, my friendships are as strong as ever, and I'm having a great time. I'm just pissed off over my job, but i have only a couple more months there, and am applying for jobs in NYC and LA in my field. I might put in for a transfer in my company but I haven no idea if that'll work.

Anyways, lately, I have no appetite. I only want to drink caffeine, like sugar-free red bull. I have to remember to eat now. It's pretty frustrating, too. any advice?
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

You need sustenance.

Maybe just try smoothies? You can get your calories and fruits, veggies, fiber and protein, but its not like you're "eating" and you can fool your body.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Eating every 3-4 hours is really important. I am part of a biggest loser contest in my hometown and I have a trainer and a nutriontist and they tell us repeatedly even if you are not hungry you have to eat. It keeps your metabolism up. If you wake up and don't eat your metabolism stays really low until you finally do. Like my trainer explained it, your body is like a car. If you get up in the morning and go to your car and there is no gas you can't go anywhere. Same thing with your weight. If you don't eat to fuel your body your weight won't move, your metabolism won't kick into gear to make you lose weight. It will hold on to the fat because it thinks you are starving. You have probably heard that before. Try small meals even if it's not a full meal, but you should try to eat something.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I sure wish i had your problem! one of my biggest down falls is that i am always thinking about food and what i want to eat next!!! It is important to eat, so don't get in the habit if not eating or skipping meals...you may end up having the hunger hit you late at night and find yourself binging.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I’m going to echo some of the other girls…you must eat! I’m sure you know that though. I’ve been kind of in the same place, especially right after I had my son. I would end up feeling light headed or dizzy or just really tired. Just try to eat things that aren’t so heavy or overwhelming…things with nutrients that won’t make you feel stuffed. And I agree with Stellarosa…if you feel like you want to drink more than anything, have a smoothie or a V8 or maybe a slim fast? Good luck and I’m glad to hear that things are going so well in other areas of your life!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Just what Kay said! You've got to eat small meals, even if you're not hungry.

My nutritionist was explaining to me that if we get our bodies out of it's regular eating habits, we loose our hunger cues. And it takes a while to get them back to normal. So even if you're not hungry - set times during the day to eat every 3 - 4 hours and continue. Things should get back to normal over time.

If you don't eat now, you WILL eat later and you'll eat a lot... your body will be ravenous with hunger, and you don't' want that!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 243/237/170

Height: 5'2

I have had the same issue. Just not hungry but the weight doesnt move. Carry some nuts to munch on. You wont have to eat too many of them. After about 2 days of kind of forcing myself to eat...it does get better and your appetite comes back. Also, excersizing a bit more helps.

Good luck!!
Amy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/217.2/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the same boat. I could go til about 5-6pm before I even got hungry. Then, of course, I would eat alot at night time. I have to force myself to eat every few hours and even then I forget half the time because I'm too busy. Maybe I'll set the alarm on my phone... lol
thelastmartinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

I've been unable to eat for almost a month now, except for a few things and i've had to resort to smoothies with a protein supplement. You need to have something though
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Haha! I'd kill for that problem.
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

Well, I'm going to go against the grain on this answer - people may get mad at me.

Then don't eat. If you have no hunger cues - then don't eat. The hunger will come back on its own. Don't force feed yourself. I know a lot of thin/normal weight people that go through phases where they simply aren't hungry.

But, stop drinking that terribly unhealthy diet redbull!! I do agree with the others that said you should drink something more healthy, such as a fruit smoothie.

I would also like to recommend a book: The Edible Woman, a classic by Margaret Atwood, published in 1969. When I read your post, it reminded me almost exactly of the main character in this novel:

After the main character becomes engaged, she starts losing her interest in eating... its great contemporary fiction.
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

I've got the same issue, the only time I really get hungry is around dinner time in the evening. Other than that I'm more or less forcing myself to eat - especially in the mornings. I'm not eating everything I'm supposed to as far as portion sizes simply because it makes me feel sick to my stomach to force down food I just don't want. I don't know if part of the problem is I'm constantly drinking water - whenever my tummy feels a little grumbly and its not quite time for a meal, I chug some water and I'm good.

It gets frustrating because I know my body needs it to keep burning - but my god, if I'm gagging down food its a bit annyoing.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #13  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I went through this a lot the first few months of my lifestyle change.... and I basically just FORCED small, healthy meals upon myself even when I didn't want to. And it paid off. I kept my energy up and I lost weight at a great rate! Sucked to kinda choke it down.... but hey, your body needs food! Period!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #14  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

i get that way sometimes as well, and then when I do eat I dont stop until im stuffed.

its really just mind over matter i guess. It may take a few days but if you get into a daily routine of eating at the same time then over time you"ll get hunry at those times because your body will know its time to eat.

i hope this has kind helped you!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote