Old 01-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Frame size and bitter reality

So ladies...I've been lurking for a little while but still consistently losing weight. Thanks in part to all of you! ..but today I kind've had a down in the dumps moment where reality set in, and I'm wondering if this has happened to you.

I was checking myself out in the mirror today in yoga pants and a tight fitting tank top when I realized I will never be that thin girl. I wear a size 16 now, I'm also 5'10 and I can clearly feel my hip bones and my hips aren't getting much smaller than they are now, same when I turn to the side, my rib cage is just wide. So I guess I'm just kinda bummed because I feel no matter how much weight I lose I will never be one of those tiny girls. I probably won't ever wear less than a size 8/10. I guess my big fear is I will always look fat. I'm trying not to get discouraged, but its hard.
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/180/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I wouldn't get discouraged. Your body will change a lot as you get closer to your goal weight.

BTW... your goal weight is the same as mine but I am only 5'7 1/2. I used to wear a size 8 juniors when I was 140-150lbs and I looked pretty thin so I am sure you will look great! You wouldn't want to be too thin at your height. We gals have to keep some kickin curves to show off!!
hometowngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Why do we want to be tiny? Seriously. We're adults, not children We have a right to be here!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #4  

I know...and I dont want to be tiny, I just fear I will never look fit or in shape. That because of my bone structure I will always look overweight or large.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

If you're fit, lean and healthy it SHOWS no matter what frame or bone structure you have.

A friend of mine would be about your height, she's a compact, muscular girl with an awesome physique. She looks strong, she looks healthy and she most definitely does NOT look fat. She would also wear about a 12-14 Australia (8-10 US).

Good luck with your goal and dont be discouraged! Keep up the awesome work and you'll get where you want to be in the end
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i think at 150 you will look way different to what you can imagine now. I remember getting close to my goal and thinking "no way i could get smaller than this". I'm an apple, and I thought i was doomed to always be the short (ish, 5'5'' isnt that short i remind myself!), round girl. But thats not the case, i am much leaner now and as i get closer to goal the leaness comes through more and more. So really, dont condemn yourself to being always fat. You might never be "tiny" but you will be awesome
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Remember models are tall, it is considered to be an asset to be tall.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #8  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

Just curious, do you carry more weight around your waist or in your thighs?

I'm definitely pear-shaped, and at my highest weight, my hip bones still stuck out. My sister and I agreed that I would probably never get rid of my hips. Now, over 30 lbs later, I've gone down from a 14 to a small 8. My hip bones stick out no more than they did before. But I lost fat on my outer thighs. The widest part of me was never at my hip bones (and probably never will be).

I'm almost 3 inches shorter than you, and at this weight, people refer to me as "tiny" and are surprised that I'm trying to lose. And I have a pretty big frame.

Don't be discouraged. As you lose, your body will surprise you. And there's more and more evidence that "skinny" people are not healthy. Focus on being fit!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #9  

Thanks ladies!

Aurora- I'm definitely pear shaped but I'm pretty evenly distributed throughout my hips/thighs and tush. It just all looks big in that area, but that being said, yes my upper thighs are pretty big. So hopefully you're right!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/200/167

Height: 5'10"

I am built just like you! My family is tall, and my brother who is so active still isn't the thinnest guy. But he LOOKS great!

I just think you have to realize that you aren't going to be a zero or a two, and that's okay. I know how you feel though, it would be nice to be tiny, but that just isn't going to happen for me.

Just know you have lost weight, know that you are fit. KNOW that you are great-looking!
tigerkt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I will never be a small girl either, and I'm short! At 5'2", the smallest I can aim for is a size 6...but you know what? Even though it seems depressing that you'll never be super tiny, being just right for your body shape is more attractive. I have photos of myself in high-school in a swimsuit at size 2-4...there's nothing worse than sharp shoulder blades and hip bones sticking out everywhere. So not cute.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:37 AM   #12  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Qtest-
Check out this site. It might help give you an idea what you might look like at various weights. Not all the spaces are filled but there is someone at
5'10" at 170#.
http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

i feel the same way. i'm 6'2" and that's tall for a girl, so i've got a bigger frame than most girls who are much shorter than me. i would honestly be happy in a size 8 and at 170lbs. would it bother me if i went lower? not really, becuase i have about 15lbs of play on either side of the 170 range. sometimes i hate being so tall because i never will be as small as a size 0 or 2 (or even a double 0. my sister was that small until she had her first kid). i think it's more of what society thinks is normal for girls, which is 5'5", 120 pounds and size 4 at the most. i've just got to keep telling myself that when i hit my goal weight, i will finally be happy with my body, i will be in smaller clothes, and most of all, i will be healthy, and that is the most important thing to me.
fiveminutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveminutes View Post
i feel the same way. i'm 6'2" and that's tall for a girl, so i've got a bigger frame than most girls who are much shorter than me. i would honestly be happy in a size 8 and at 170lbs. would it bother me if i went lower? not really, becuase i have about 15lbs of play on either side of the 170 range. sometimes i hate being so tall because i never will be as small as a size 0 or 2 (or even a double 0. my sister was that small until she had her first kid). i think it's more of what society thinks is normal for girls, which is 5'5", 120 pounds and size 4 at the most. i've just got to keep telling myself that when i hit my goal weight, i will finally be happy with my body, i will be in smaller clothes, and most of all, i will be healthy, and that is the most important thing to me.

I hear ya there, on skinny minny sisters. My sister is the ONLY female in our family to miss the typical build the rest of us have. She's about 5'4" and petite and wears a size 4. Meanwhile, even my mom who weighs 115lbs wears a size 8 because she has the god for saken wide hips. I guess I will just have to slowly learn to accept I won't ever be my sister, but I will be healthier and i WILL look better than I did at 242lbs.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Qtest i was 150 before my daughter was born and i wore a size 10. Everyone thought i weighed more like 135 because i was muscular and fit. When you look fit and are active it shows in everything you do, no matter your size! I look back at pics of me before my daughter and i remember my state of mind then...and it was that i needed to lose weight cause i thought i was big! Now i look at those pics and i wish someone would have told me how healthy and GOOD i looked! We get so focused on a number either on the scale, or clothes, when we need to focus on how we feel! I made a promise to myself that i would give positive reinforcement to every young girl in my family so they don't have the body image struggles i did!
byebyebelly is offline   Reply With Quote