Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #16  
Esme

S/C/G: 201/148/130

Height: 5'3"

I always thought I had a big frame and now I am thinking that's true. I weight 154 but am still a snug size 10. I do remember being in high school though and wearing a 6, so I hope it's still possible to fit back into that size! I think I completely skipped over ever being a 4 so that might never happen...

But I guess we can't compare ourselves to other people... and who knows how fabulous we'll all look like when we reach our goals!
foresmewithlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I'm in a similar situation as the OP... I think I just have a bigger frame.

I'm pretty tall, and am currently a size 14/16. I really don't think I'll ever be smaller than an 8, because my hips are REALLY wide. There is still a fair amount of fat on them, but I can DEFINITELY feel where the bones are, and I just don't think I'll ever be tiny!!

As frustrating as that is, I know I just have to accept it and know that I will look and feel better as I lose weight...even if I can't get to the small size I would like!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #18  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I dont think i will ever be as skinny as I want. I mean I have wide hips and im rather busty chick. I think the smallest i can ever get is a 6. but hey that would be amazing for me. lol.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

Height: 5'5

Yeah you know how people test for big bones (wrapping your fingers around your wrist and seeing if they touch)? Yeah my middle finger and my thumb are at LEAST 3/4 of an inch apart.... Big bones. *sigh* When I was in high school I was a competitive swimmer and briefly (accidentally) dropped below a 5% body fat (I loved swimming and I swam about 4 hours every day without upping my calories cause I didn't think to do it!) my coaches caught it and sent me to the doc and I quickly upped my food intake, but anyway I was THAT thin (but muscular, not built like a swimmer at all!) but still SNUG in a size 10. I'm only a 12 now (but I'm 25lbs heavier) but my hip bones are still noticeable. I want to get thinner, but I may never *look* that much thinner. Kind of sucks but I'm reserving my fear until I know for sure!
MyPitBullSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #20  

Height: 5'10

^ What if you have really large hands/long fingers? lol My hands compared to my fiances are pretty much the same size. He is 6'4 I am 5'10 ... and I've compared to other men and my hands are sometimes larger than theirs ... I have REALLY long fingers ... So I don't think the whole wrapping your hand around your wrist thing is really a true tell all for being big boned.
My wrist is 7 inches around and my fingers touch together around it.
This is a chart ... I don't know how accurate it is but it says I have large wrists lol.
http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/fi...bodyframe.html

I can't imagine myself being smaller than a size 12 ... because I don't remember being smaller than that ever. I guess it's possible but It's hard to believe.

Last edited by BassAckwards; 01-31-2010 at 09:00 PM.
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 236/236/160

Height: 5' 8"

I am the same way! I have only lost 10 pounds on my goal of losing 45-50 and my hips almost poke out still. All the women in my family have a larger bone build. Good thing for us is it will be a lot easier to pop out babies than those tiny hipped ladies! yahoo
zarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarra View Post
Good thing for us is it will be a lot easier to pop out babies than those tiny hipped ladies! yahoo
haha. when i was about 13 or 14, my grandma told me i had child bearing hips (thanks mom) and i in turn told my dad what she said, not thinking that it might be confused for me saying i was pregnant. that led to a little mis-communication for about a minute!
fiveminutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Hahahaha. LMAO @ "good child bearing hips" ...if I didn't hear that 100 times when I was younger, and it's always from the grandmothers.. like they think that's some type of compliment! Maybe I don't want kids or the wide hips that come w/them! LOL.

And I also agree with the above posts about checking frame size by wrapping your fingers around your wrist. I have a 7inch wrist but very long fingers, when I wrap my fingers around my wrist they overlap. And like bassackwards said, 7inch wrist is considered pretty large.

I suppose I will just have to cling onto my latest fling who's 6'3 and has large shoulders and a good build. That way when I'm in shape in my size 12's I will still look proportionate next to him! haha
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

Don't know if you've seen this but I've just recently (thanks to another member here) discovered how many body shapes there actually are: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ypes--you.html
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm currently reading a good book that touches on the frame size issue. It's called Size 2 For Life. They recognize in the book that not everyone can be a size 2, but they have "frame adjusted" size 2s. For instance:
a small framed person could be a size 2
a medium framed person could be a size 4, which is a "frame adjusted" size 2
a large framed person could be a size 6/8, which is a "frame adjusted" size 2

I'm considered a medium frame person [this can be figured by measuring your wrists with a tape measure] and my goal size would be between a 4/6. My goal weight is currently 135, but I'm thinking that I may want to adjust it to 120-125.

The measurements given in the book for frame sizes may not be accurate because each person is different. I just know on my body, it could be possible. Fortunately, I got the boobs, but not the hips or butt from my mom's side of the family. Instead I have rather slim hips, which will allow me to wear a smaller size. Unfortunately I've been overweight since 6th grade, so the last time I wore a 4/6 was 8th grade, and have gone up 2-3 sizes each year since.
Jaimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

I am 128 lbs and 5'8", but I have big bones and a pretty big frame (i call my hands "man hands" lol)...I used to think the way you do, but now that I have reached my goal I think differently.
I have an athletic shaped body: i have the thick muscular thighs and the bone structure that includes broad shoulders. Will I ever look stick thin? nope. But getting to your goal, regardless of your bone structure will pay off. Looking toned and leaned out with a bigger frame is still beautiful

ah its late at night so sorry if I made no sense lol
blackbeltchica19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I just want to point out that as someone who does have a really small frame, I will basically HAVE TO be tiny just to NOT look chubby/flabby. I don't really have the option to be "curvy." Do you realize how little you have to eat to maintain a weight of 110-115ish? It's crazy. (Why do you think I'm back up here? )

Also, imagine never being able to wear bracelets that aren't custom made for you.

(Hope I didn't offend anyone by intruding, just wanted to provide a different point of view.)
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
Also, imagine never being able to wear bracelets that aren't custom made for you.

(Hope I didn't offend anyone by intruding, just wanted to provide a different point of view.)
Haha, the bracelet thing goes both ways, though! :P I have very wide, but not necessarily huge, hands and anything without a clasp just doesn't work. I managed to squeeze on some bangles the other day and about died of glee. But yeah, at least stuff with a clasp stays on and bangles occasionally work. I can't imagine being able to literally not find a thing in a store that's not too big... That would suck!

But yeah, as far as the main topic goes, I'll never be tiny. When I was a sophomore in college, my best friend told me that she didn't know anyone that had broader shoulders than me and wasn't a guy. She meant it in a light-hearted, teasing way, but ouch... That's one of those things that I can't do anything about, so it hurt to hear.

If, at the end of this whole thing, I can be fit and fit into a six, I'll be thrilled, because the smallest I can ever remember being was a ten. Now if only it wasn't so hard to determine what a "six" actually is... Curse those vanity sizes! (On the other hand... I love you, vanity sizes! Found a size 10 dress at JC Penny yesterday that was too big.)
minorharmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Don't know if you've seen this but I've just recently (thanks to another member here) discovered how many body shapes there actually are: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ypes--you.html
Hm. Apparently I'm a "Skittle." I would be a "Cello", but I have small boobs
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #30  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTestRDH View Post
So ladies...I've been lurking for a little while but still consistently losing weight. Thanks in part to all of you! ..but today I kind've had a down in the dumps moment where reality set in, and I'm wondering if this has happened to you.

I was checking myself out in the mirror today in yoga pants and a tight fitting tank top when I realized I will never be that thin girl. I wear a size 16 now, I'm also 5'10 and I can clearly feel my hip bones and my hips aren't getting much smaller than they are now, same when I turn to the side, my rib cage is just wide. So I guess I'm just kinda bummed because I feel no matter how much weight I lose I will never be one of those tiny girls. I probably won't ever wear less than a size 8/10. I guess my big fear is I will always look fat. I'm trying not to get discouraged, but its hard.
Yeah, I hear you. I will never, ever look small and it does make me sad. I'm just "a big girl" as people are so fond of telling me not realizing they are really hurting my feelings. Being big doesn't feel or really look feminine. I just keep telling myself that I will no doubt look better as a thin big girl than a fat big girl. My rib cage is enormous, I've got very broad shoulders, and my legs are relatively short for my height (32.5" inseam) and all that torso makes me look much bigger than if I had long legs.

I do work at making peace with the frame I've got and understand there is nothing I can do about it so I might as well accept it and do what I can to look my best, but I do know how discouraging it can be to be a girl who is bigger than average.

Someone said that models are tall, but they are generally also very small framed and about a size 4. There really isn't a comparison. My bare skeleton wouldn't fit in a size 4. At my lowest weight (166) I wore a size 12 on the bottom and a 1X on top. Of course, right now I'm thinking that would feel a lot better than where I am now!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote