Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #1  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

Question walking/jogging question

IS it normal for me to be sore all over after jogging for the first time on the treadmill for more than a minute? lol I know it's silly but I finally wable to jog on the treadmill yesterday, not for a long time but more than 30 seconds at a time and today I'm compeltely sore and my feet wanted to fall off last night. Any suggestions to combat this? I did stretch when I was done and warm up and cool down properly.
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #2  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

i think so, but after time it will get easier! after im done on a treadmill or riding the bike my legs pulsate...for me i believe if ur not sore then u need to push urself more.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Jogging uses a lot of muscles, it could very possibly make sense!

Keep stretching and drink a good glass of water within 30 min. after your work out to help your muscles regenerate faster. Con tine what you're doing until you aren't sore any more, you're muscles will adapt. Then push yourself more till you are sore again! That's what you want But, be sure to up your running time very slowly as to decrease any chance of injury.

Last edited by garstar; 01-20-2010 at 09:09 AM.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #4  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

It's completely normal, as long as the pain is just soreness and isn't a sharp or tearing pain (which might mean you hurt yourself). Be sure to take a rest day or cross-training day every other day to give your muscles a chance to recover. Also be sure you're hydrating properly during and after running and eat a small snack of protein and complex carbs after your workout, it will help your muscles repair themselves quicker.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #5  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

"The first time it wrecks your body."

My brother's slim, attractive friend said this. I thought "Thank God - it's not just me!"

A general soreness everywhere, that you feel it when you walk and move, is normal. Keep at it, gets much better! I took a year off jogging after having begun, and still it never hurt like that again.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #6  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

I experienced this over the holidays. I went on my parents' treadmill and stupidly decided to go right into jogging instead of building up to that, after a month of being sedentary. I jogged for three minutes in the morning, then for fifteen minutes in the afternoon. I was a bit sore that day, but when I woke up the next day, oh my goodness! I was limping and every time I walked it was like I was a toddler taking my first steps, or an old lady with stiff joints. I wisely decided not to do any more on the treadmill until my body felt better, and then I stuck to a brisk walk.

"The first time it wrecks your body." - Sounds about right!

Last edited by Kirjava; 01-20-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Kirjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Yes, normal! You could always do a speed walk for a while longer.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:31 AM   #8  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

lol well ty ladies you certainly made me feel better. I took yesterday off and today I'm gonna try it again. I'm all prepared with water and proper snacks before and after. Thanks so much, I thought I was alone.
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote