Old 01-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #1  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Default frustrated with my weightloss this week

I did loss...a pound and i'm frustrated about that. I feel like it should have been more. I know a pound is good but after the last two week (down 6 and then 2.5 lbs) I feel like i'm doing something wrong. I'm exercsing 4-5 times a week and I'm eating good...at least I think I am. I cut out soda, eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks a day and they are low cal things. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day and I'm secretly hoping that I drop another pound over night.

Just had to vent...
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #2  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking

Why not celebrate your success? Being positive really helps to keep weight loss going for the long haul... if losing a lb doesn't meet your expectations of success; I wonder what you feel like when you gain- and it does happen on this wacko journey called weight loss! Your body is just that YOUR body... it is different and you lose weight differently than anyone really.... Your body might have a normal... track your loses for several weeks and look for a trend so you might know what to expect... even than be prepared for suprises! LOL

Seriously- don't get down and depressed when your body did what you expected... losing- Really, losing anything is AWESOME!! That is what we are all here aren't we.

Also, what's your hurry? Do you have a deadline to meet your final goal? You took a while to gain weight, right? You won't lose it all in 2 months either... Be persistent, patient, and follow your plan. YOU WILL LOSE!

You rock!

WTG on your loss this week!
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #3  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 245/218/145

Height: 5'3"

Your big losses over the last couple of weeks will have something to do with it probably - especially that big 6! (way to go!) A lot of the time bodies stall then you get a big whoosh!

It's probably just a slow week because of that. It most likely means that you can look forward to a bigger loss next week - woohoo!

I personally tend to lose a lot one week then very little the next. I lost 5 pounds last week and nothing at all this week! I am also very frustrated after slogging at the gym. It's very depressing, I just have to keep telling myself that next week, I will be rewarded!

Hopefully we both will be!

Don't forget that the time of the month makes you retain water too! Could be that!

Good luck!
beescwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

One pound a week equals 52 pounds a year ! Weight loss will fluctuate even when you are doing your program perfectly. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. In my own weight loss journey, I gained when I thought I should have lost and lost when I thought I would gain. The bottom line is that I did reach goal, and you can, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to say I understand completely the frustration. I was only down .6 lbs this week. Not even 1 lb. And I stayed OP all week and exercised. I was still happy to see a loss, but I figured I was probably due for a small number since most of my weight loss numbers have been over 2 lbs. Maybe I'll even get a whoosh! Good luck and keep it up!
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #6  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 245/218/145

Height: 5'3"

Hope you do cabinwife

You'll see onederland next week, I'm sure!!!
beescwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

I'm down about a half pound to a pound this week. (Silly period.) I just try to remember it's not a race, it's a lifestyle change :P
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #8  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone! I know that I shouldn't be frustrated but I really was this morning. I don't have a date that I want to be at goal by. I just have a goal and however long it takes me is fine with me. I want this to be a lifestyle change and not just a diet for 3 or 6 months until the weight comes off. I took the day "off" today and relaxed a little about my weightloss. I think part of it was I've not had any days that I could "cheat" in 3 weeks and it was getting to much. I think I just felt like I've been being so good that I should have had a bigger number. But even after relaxing with my food intake today I don't feel like I ate way to many calories, I still exercised and I'm content with my weightloss so far this week.

So, thanks for your words of encouragment, I really needed to hear them all today.
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

I usually go down like 3-4 one week then 1-2 the next week, somtimes i wont go down at all, however like PP said, 1 pound a week is 52 pounds a year so just stick with it and it will pay off
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote