Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 227/215/135

Height: 5'3

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Alberta, Canada

Marital Status:Common-law

Children/Ages:1 year old son

Pets: cat named jackson (lives with my parents)

Hobbies/Interests: Playing with my son

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue-gray / Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 11, 2011

Starting Weight:227

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating crap all the time, or eating when i'm bored.

Following any specific plan: I switched to eating Vegan. I also exercise for 30 minutes 5-6 days a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually succeeding this time. I have never had this much motivation to lose weight. I attribute alot of that to my boyfriend and son!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

First name: Lindsey

Geographical location: Waco

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Not, yet

Pets: 2 cats, Mia & Boris

Hobbies/Interests: Research! I love to read and I also crochet (when I have time)

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Green & Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time, January 31st. I tend to do the whole yo-yo thing. I'm going to try to get more involved this time. I will do this!

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 153.2

Goal Weight: 125, but I would love to get to 115 (don't know if this is realistic though)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I constantly get off track. I lose 10-15lbs and then I gain it all back, repeat, repeat, repeat. I really love food and I love to eat it!

Following any specific plan: I've tried WW and CC, but I like counting calories the best.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to try and get more involved with 3FC and my Mom is doing this with me. I hope this is enough of a support system to get through this.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to be healthier and I want to be more comfortable with myself. I don't want food to rule my life.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #483  
one day at a time :)

S/C/G: 324/278.5/162

Height: 5'5

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Marital Status:In a relationship

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 1 kitty and my boyfriend's kitty

Hobbies/Interests: travelling, friends, kaiser

Height: 5'5, possibly not technically at 5'5 but I pretend

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? Jan 10, 2011

Starting Weight: 303.5

Present Weight: 282.5

Goal Weight: 140, honestly I'm trying to get to 250 because that's something that seems attainable. But my real goal is 140-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying on plan and not getting frustrated when things go too slowly in my opinion. When i am doing poorly in anything, I tend to sabotage myself more? so it's when I see results that I try harder. I need to learn to work at it all the time.

Following any specific plan: ********

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My mom is following the plan with me. In the past I've only ever tried by myself, while my family ate unhealthy meals. So it's really nice to have someone to commiserate with and to make the healthy choices with me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My goal is to lose 50 pounds by my birthday in July. So far I am on track!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 230/230/155

Height: 5'5"

Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Rhode Island

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages:

Pets: cat, Eliot and a morkie named Ted

Hobbies/Interests: music, literature, film

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 19th 2011 (technically I started in september of 2010 and lost 38lbs on the Transitions Lifestyles System but then was in a huge car accident and in the last year have gained most of it back)

Starting Weight: 209

Present Weight: 209

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i really hate the taste of most veggies. I try my hardest to force myself to eat salads and then i am starving later. i also have thyroid issues & ovarian cysts, along with other health issues thats meds make it hard to lose weight.

Following any specific plan: Transitions Weight Loss system has worked for me in the past and I still have all of my resources so I will be using that.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more determined now than ever as I just hit 25 and need to make a positive change in my life so I can look back on my 20s as a turning point and not a standstill

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm really excited to get this started again and i have used this forum in the past. it rules. thanks for listening and i will surely be in contact with you all through this process. feel free to ask me any questions about Transitions. we're all in this together.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #485  

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages:7 years old

Full Time Student Health Information Technology
And Part Time Inshopper for Jimmy Johns

Pets: 6 Month old kitten named Roxi

Hobbies/Interests: I Love To read And Watch old nineties Tv Shows on Dvd.

Height: 5'5 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes Black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02-20-11

Starting Weight:230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Living a life that requires fast dinners and long study hours.

Following any specific plan: Trying the total Lean system by GNC

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
Because i need to do this for my son i am all he has !

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #486  
Computer Nerd

S/C/G: 191/181/135

Height: 5'6"

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: Near Chicago, IL

Marital Status: Single with a boyfriend

Pets: A cat Pac, he needs to go on a diet too, lol

Hobbies/Interests: Computers, Camping, puzzles, games, socializing

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes with brown hair

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: My newest start date is February 21 2011, original date was an unknown day in December and I fell off for a month, I decided to start over.

Starting Weight: 191

Present Weight: 183

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating

Following any specific plan: strictly cutting calories and increasing physical activity

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Many forms of accountabiliy and well as being complete determined and fed up with being overweight.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #487  
Completely Awesome

S/C/G: 243 / 232 / 180

Height: 5'8"

First name:Daniel

Geographical location:
Ottawa, Ontario

Marital Status: Deliriously Single

Children/Ages: No children as of now

Occupation: College Student, Daycare / Preschool Supply Teacher

Pets: One cat, Mrow, two dogs Nikki and Noddy

Hobbies/Interests: Gaming of all three major flavours (Video/computer games, board games, card games), photography, silly little gadgets

Height: 5 foot 8

Eye/Hair Color: Green-Hazel eyes, Black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
February 7th

Starting Weight: 243

Present Weight: 231

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Notorious late night snacker. A very bad habit I acquired during my first year at university. One I have been trying to break with absolutely no success. That... and laziness.

Following any specific plan: Nothing specific besides doing something physically active and cardio-like (Walking, DDR, etc) every day that isn't a weekend for at least an hour. Logging everything I eat in a program on my phone as well so I can see patterns, problems, and change them.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Honest to goodness motivation that isn't wrapped up in some guy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Absolutely anything you want to know.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 217/214/140

Smile

First name: Rashelle

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: married

Pets: 2 dogs, 2 outside cats, tons of fish

Hobbies/Interests: jewelry; designing jewelry; diamonds, gemstones and precious metal; philosophy; science and nature

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/green eyes with dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 21 2011

Starting Weight: 217

Present Weight: 214

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: portion control and exercise commitment

Following any specific plan: 1200 calories or less, good amount of exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: fresh motivation, support from my husband, family and friends. Strong motivation

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't wait to shop for skinny girl clothes!!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

I've been around for a few weeks, but I hadn't done this yet.

First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Boston, MA

Marital Status: Engaged to my high school sweetheart

Children/Ages: None (someday)

Occupation: Law Student (1L) and PT ice cream scooper at Ben and Jerry's

Pets: 2 cats, Angel and James, and a bunny, Stanley

Hobbies/Interests: I'm so busy with school and work, but I just love spending time with my fiance and being outdoors. I live in the city now and it is hard being removed from the natural world.

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blue/Aqua depending on the day/ Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 16th, 2011 when I realized I was the biggest I have ever been.

Starting Weight: 195/196-ish

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 140 is my goal for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being consistent and not letting myself overindulge.

Following any specific plan: Just counting calories.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to try to stay involved on this site, because I have found that it really helps me stay on track and keep motivated! Also, I really believe I am determined to make a change this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to be healthier first and foremost, but I also want to be comfortable in my own skin and confident. Also, I would love to be an inspiration to my 9 year old baby sister, so maybe she will not dig herself into the same hole I have.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

First name: Rachelle

Geographical location: Southwest Louisiana

Marital Status: Living with boyfriend of 2.5 years

Children/Ages: Gotta graduate from college first!

Full-time student and daycare worker. Also concession stand girl at Putt-Putt come hot, humid summertime. :P

Pets:
Nada! A year or so off - when we finally settle into a house.

Hobbies/Interests: I like to think that every action, however small, contributes to my self-betterment. I enjoy people, books, movies, music, nature, exercise, bliss, laughing, wit, good conversation, and my little brother.

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish blue. My hair is naturally a dirty dishwater blonde but it's currently a light auburn shade.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 1, 2010.

Starting Weight: 186

Present Weight: 148.5 (It was 144 a couple of weeks ago - then my grandpa passed away and I lost my killer weight loss focus when the good people of the South shipped in every food tray known to man! Grrrrr. )

Goal Weight:
Well, it was 144 because last time I was at that weight I was happy with my body. However, this time around the fat distribution is quite a bit different and I am not even close to satisfied. Basically, it looks like I'm six months pregnant. So I'm gonna listen to the crock of crap BMI and say 127.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress and time management. A lot of people don't realize how much effort goes into planning your meals daily and making time for your exercise + working + pseudo-cooking + family + boyfriend + school + piles of homework. YUCK.

Following any specific plan:
Ending up with 1400 or so net calories / consuming large amounts of protein and healthy fats / drastically lowering my sugar intake.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Although I'm sure this isn't true, I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING to lose my stubborn belly fat except cut my sugars. I adoreadoreadore fruit and sugar in yogurt and all that jazz, but I finally accepted that that might be the culprit.

I've never known what it feels like to have the body that I want (even when I DID and didn't realize it) and if I don't get there before I have kids, it ain't NEVER happening. Plus I want to be slim and trim and confident and all of that good stuff. :P
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #491  

S/C/G: 143/?/125

Height: 5'4

First name: Josey

Geographical location: NC

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: no

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: I spend an excessive amount of time watching movies or on the computer playing solitaire (which seems kind of sad reading it just now). I'm also interested in fitness though it is so far away from being a hobby right now.

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: hazel & dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: there was never any set date, but it was always something I wanted to try but never actually did so I guess my start date could be right now.

Starting Weight: 155

Present Weight: not sure at the moment

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: will power. I give up way too easily and binge or just give up entirely and stop exercising.

Following any specific plan: no, but I am following an exercise schedule and focusing on eating healthier.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally realized I have spent nearly half my life wanting to be active and healthier but never actually doing it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've followed this forum for a while, but this is the first time I've posted anything, so Hi!

Last edited by hosiepo; 03-02-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #492  
Licia New Me

S/C/G: 170/167/125

Height: 5 foot even

First name: Licia

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: single mother

Children/Ages: son / 2.5 yrs

Pets: pit bull - Millie and currently missing cat - Ash

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, walking, crafts

Height: 5 ft even

Eye/Hair Color: eyes range from blue to green to hasel to gray depending on mood/ hair currently is auburn with low lights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: now.. lol...

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: inability to stay on track and with the program

Following any specific plan: love the fatsmash but when you have to feed a meat and potatoes guy its hard

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this is the heaviest I have ever been, aside from my swelled up pregnant body at 180... thirty pounds water weight... literally

I have a phobia of people which keeps me from exercising and my apartment is tiny so there is no room to exercise. I have to walk at night and with a child that is not advisable.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

First name: Brittney

Geographical location: Arkansas

Marital Status: Married for one year :-)

Children/Ages: None

Pets: one furbaby- Mikey- a 5 year old shih tzu we've had for a few months

Hobbies/Interests: Music, dancing, cooking, movies, good TV shows, Zumba, reading

Height:5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept. 5, 2010 again....I've been doing this for years on and off again

Starting Weight:209

Present Weight:169

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: We live and I go to school in one town, and hubby works and I work part time (3-4 days a week) an hour away. It is so difficult being in two places and traveling 2 hours a day several days a week. It makes us so tired. Its hard to cook when we get home so late (7:30 p.m. or later) on days we travel, its easier to eat out where we are. I have to work hard to plan ahead to be on program while being so busy.

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center :-)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a great plan and have learned motivation comes and goes, but I can make conscious choices that can impact my life and my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love to workout and am getting Zumba certified at the end of the month!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #494  

First name: Kelli

Geographical location: NWI, right by Chicago

Marital Status: In a committed relationship

Pets: 2 Dogs, 2 cats, 3 ferrets, and a rat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Videogames, cooking, cake decorating

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: summer '10

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 170.2

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Too much temptation in the house

Following any specific plan: Just portion control, cardio, and weight training

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a gym membership and a very supportive boyfriend

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really excited to be here, and hopefully you'll see me meet my goal.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

First name:Gwen

Geographical location:Kentucky

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:none

Pets: four amazing ferrets.

Hobbies/Interests:reading, writing, and being with my ferrets.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color:blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 7, 2011

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: (haven't weighed since I started yet, so I am assuming around the same)

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: compulsive eating, boredom, and feeling frustrated and then stopping

Following any specific plan: I am exercising 30 mins a day, and I am eating six small just over 100 calorie meals a day because I believe I may have insulin resistance. I do allow myself one treat per night, but usually, it's sugar free hot chocolate. mmmmm

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel that I am too desperate to finally succeed to stop

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have never sought outside support before. I am hoping that by joining up here, I have helped my chances for success!
Closed Thread