Old 12-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #1  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Default What do you workout?

I've been trying to workout after my kids go to bed in the evening but it's so stinkin hard sometimes because I'm so tired. How do you find the energy when all you want to do is lounge in front of the TV? Does is get easier to find the energy? Also...how many days a week to go work out?
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Right now i am hardly working out because of a leg problem, but normally i try to 3 times a week. I am too busy to work out much more!

Something to try that use to work for me: When you are watching TV at night work out! I used to do crunches during commercial breaks. You can sit on the floor and stretch while watching TV, do lite weight arm workouts, lunges, push ups, jump-n-jacks.

Good luck!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 4'11"

I also tried to workout after DS goes to bed but it's way too hard. I am so tired by the end of the day that after he goes to bed I am ready for bed or just want to veg out.

I've started working out in the mornings before DS wakes up. Also I will go to the gym right after I pick DS up from daycare. The gym has a kids club so I feed him a snack on the way and get at least 30-45 minutes in. I wish I had time for hour long workouts but right now there's not enough time in the day!
NCSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #4  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i find that if i don't make a habit of working out daily, i don't want to do it at all. i usually do home videos from exercisetv.tv because i can switch it up and change my routine around for free...and if i'm feeling tired, i'll do a yoga video instead of say, kickboxing. most of them are only 20 minutes so no matter how tired i am, i can usually convince myself to make it through the 20...especially if i know i don't have to drive home from a gym, just stumble to the shower and then curl up in bed
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I tried working out after DS went to sleep too and it just didn't work out for me. I had no motivation to go. Right now, I have some free time during the day while DS is in daycare and I'm not in school and I'm not working as much either. However, when classes start back I'm not sure what my schedule will be like. I think the tv commercial thing is a good idea. Also, I have found out that once you start doing it regularly it comes easy and you feel so much better about yourself. Good luck!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote