Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #16  
Never More Than Today!

S/C/G: 192/149.8/135

Height: 5'2

I still live at home but my parents always said they only bought the essentials for us and everything else is theirs. We eat two meals a day together and any snacks, goodies, even bottles of water are asked for. Now that we are adults and buying our own "extras", these rules are still respected. I buy my own snacks, cereal, diet soda (I know, bad habit) and if my parents or siblings or cousins want one, they ask me permission. People have different ideas of sharing and by giving the buyer the ultimate choice whether or not to share, you keep everything fair.
KurLEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s200n View Post
Thanks for the advise guys.. I havent said anything yet because everytime I noticed something I am just furious.. And no we dont buy the same things... She just eats my things... I dont want to share groceries with my roomate becuase she is very cheap..
This sounds like my roommates freshman year. We had the same arangement: sharing condiments, everything else we bought separate. I was on a diet at the time (lost 35 lbs), and they all ate whatever was cheap (like fried chicken bought in bulk!) The only thing I ever had big issues with them taking was my orange juice. I buy Tropicana, they would drink it all and replace it with Ocean Spray. I had no idea bad orange juice existed until I tasted Ocean Spray; it was so bad! Anything else they would ask before they took it. And they were ALWAYS asking for my fruit b/c they were too cheap to buy fresh fruit. I'm a big push-over. But evetually, you have to say something. But I agree with those who said don't talk to her while you're mad. You need to be calm and rational when dealing with roommate issues.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

This reminds me of my sister and myself. When we began living together we'd buy groceries together..but after a while I realized that I was paying half for a lot of junk food ( cases of soda, frozen pizza's, cookies, etc) when my snack food was fruit/granola bars..yet she'd eat half of that too. I think she was a bit taken aback when I said I was going to start buying my own groceries but oh well. She barely spends time home anymore ( always at bf's) so she NEVER buys groceries here...yet occasionally if she's home she might have a slice of bread, etc..I honestly don't mind because it's my sister and we don't mind sharing what we have. My problem is that I am the one who buys the detergent..cleaners..toilet paper etc...yet she does use the washroom/ does her laundry here. Call me cheap but because i'm the older more responsible sister and in charge of bills..I always add $5 here / there to help towards all of those things. I could go on day complaining about such a horrible roomate she is however like I said it helps pay the bills and she really is barely here.

Perhaps you could just tell her that you really don't mind if she borrows something here/there as long as she replaces it ASAP. Also tell her that you do plan out your meals and therefore you buy the things you have on your food plan.....such as when you went to eat sour cream and it was gone.

Wishing you lots of luck! Roomates can be a pain in the A**!

Last edited by angelanicole23; 10-08-2009 at 07:15 PM.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

Oh hey, don't worry. I have had many roommates and some I shared food with and some I didn't. But when we did NOT share food, each person had their own shelf in the fridge, so there is no need to be mixed up. So just say you are having trouble keeping track of what is yours and you want to have your own shelf. No conflict, but the message is clear! She sounds annoying- my condolences :-)
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #20  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

Oh i've had this prolem...i hd 3 guy roomated (friends of my bf's) and ALWAYS my stuff was being used...or gone before I got to it...it drove me CRAZY!! just have a talk with her...tell her that your on a diet and want your food for you, you dont eat anything of hers because it isen't your diet foods or something...just tell her to start asking first
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6.5"

Hmm. This is one of the reasons I've decided to not have roommates. I'd probably go passive aggressive and leave little post-its with my name and things like "do you really want to eat MY food?" written on them.

I definitely agree with the consensus to talk to her when you are calm. Perhaps write down the points you want to get across in case she tries do derail the conversation. It may help you from getting your temper up as well.

If things don't change, and you can't move out right away, maybe think about getting a mini-fridge with lock for your room to keep your favorites safe.
beatific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #22  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry7211 View Post
he just ate 4 out of 6 apples and 5 out of 8 cheese sticks the day after I bought them.Who eats 4 dam apples in a day?!?!

Someone who has too much of that "smoking stuff" is who!!! What do you expect? That's all they do is eat...
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote