Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Boy rant!

Ok... so I'm 20 years old and am in my junior year of college. After the recent end of my 2 year relationship with my ex, I started really falling for this absolutely adorable guy I met by the bus stop on campus. I don't know if any of you build a mental picture of what you want your guy (or girl) to look like and be like personality-wise, but this guy fit my description to a tee! He's tall, slim, has lovely curly hair, an adorable face, is poetic, introspective, fun, yet responsible. I hung out with him on one night and really fell in love (ok, maybe not in love... but very strongly in like!).... I liked him so much that I got around to telling him so. Unfortunately, he has said that he doesn't see us in a relationship ... because he doesn't think he's "good" for me (whatever the heck that means)! Who knows why that is.... Perhaps it's because I'm not quite thin or pretty enough (I'm not overweight at all but I could stand to lose 10-15 pounds), or maybe it's because I don't speak Spanish (his family is from Colombia). I swear though, I'm thinking of learning Spanish now, LOL!

Anyway, the most annoying thing of all is that all the guys I don't want are apparently interested in me. One of them made this extremely obvious by trying to put his arm around me, later apologizing for "hitting on me so soon" and then sending me texts about how he "cant wait to see me again." Then there's another guy who mysteriously only talks to me at around 1am and constantly asks if I'll hang out with him. Finally, another new one I met has started sending me random texts, the latest which says "Your hair looks quite radiant up by the way". I just met this guy so that one was pretty weird.... But anyway, even if some of those guys don't want me, they're certainly willing to give me attention.

Why is it that the guys I like won't give me the time of day, but the ones I don't will? GRRRR.... I'm stubborn too. I'll probably keep liking this one guy until he has to tell me to my face, "Girl, it's never gonna happen." Lol

~ end rant ~

Last edited by Kimmie1989; 10-05-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Lol, I feel you on this one. The guys I like never like me back. And the guys I do NOT want are the ones that are over me like white on rice It can be really frustrating. I wish I had advice for you but I don't. Kudos to you for having the guts to tell him you liked him. I could never do that...I'm sincerely impressed!
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

That's almost the story of my life... just take out the 'guys I don't want are hitting on me', since I never get hit on. But the guys I like are neeeeever even remotely interested in me and it's pretty lame. I also tend to hold onto my crushes long after the guy has made it clear he's not interested, or has a ridiculously gorgeous girlfriend who he's definitely not leaving any time soon.

My only advice is patience... eventually someone will come along for you, and it'll be a little shocking, but you'll dig him and he'll dig you and all will be well. :P Unfortunately patience isn't an easy thing to develop.
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 262.5/249/135

Height: 5'4

I know you ladies don't want to hear this... but you must have patience. You are still so young. These guys are all the wrong guys! I know I went through this exact thing in my early 20s. But I promise you will meet the one you REALLY want and he will WANT YOU BACK! (And not just at 1 am in the morning). And make sure he is the type to love you through thick and thin because losing weight after having kids SUCKS and he has to be very supportive and love you no matter what you look like.

A good read (one I wished I'd read in college): Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve by Ian Kerner. It addresses how we sabotage our own happiness (and waste lots of time) by convincing ourselves we like guys we don't really even like.

Good luck! And remember, he is out there. And he will make you feel more loved than you could ever imagine possible.
amkenkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/178/145

Height: 5'6"

At least you met one you like! I can't seem to stay away from the ones that irritate me to no end, but I have yet to meet one who's really worth the time!
nrz242 is offline   Reply With Quote