Old 09-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Setting a goal

So I really can figure out a long term goal. I have set myself a Mini goal of losing 22lbs because thats all my Wii fit will let me do at a time lol. Which I kind of like the fact of setting my goals in small increments, seems a whole lot easier then looking at one big number.

According to Ideal weight calculators and charts I should weigh anywhere from 98lbs-128lbs depending on the chart. I can't even picture my self below 120, I think I would look sick. I am only 5'0 but I have boobs and always have so I think anything lower then that is not going to be pretty. I am not looking to be super skinny I just want to be thin and comfortable in my own skin and I really don't want to lose all my boobs, definitely a lot of them though cuz I am in a DDD. When I was 140lbs in school I was a c. I am thinking about setting my goal at like 130 and go from there. I look back at pictures at 140 and I was pretty little but still had a pudge but I can work on that when I get there.

How did you set your goals?

Last edited by Kayhm0711; 09-23-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

At first my goal was 120 ... but as i shrunk i just realized that i wouldnt have ANY curves Or probably boobs at 120 .. so why be a standing toothpick?!

So i revised it to 126 :-D those 6 pounds hopefully being my butt and boobs! haha
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Goal

I agree. I wouldn't want to be a standing tooth pick I don't even think my boyfriend would like that he likes a little something on his woman, especially a butt I think most men would rather a girl have a nice figure with atleast some boobs and nice A** ya know. If I was a dude I wouldnt want to date a tooth pick with no boobs and butt just for the fact I think I would feel like I was dating a 12 year old lol. I definitely like the fact that I have curves, I love Kim Kardashians body, shes thin, but man on man does she got a nice butt and boobs, now thats a perfect body lol.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/211

Height: 5'8"

I think that the numbers they give for the "ideal weight" often are way too low. I set my goal about 15 pounds above that number. I can also set another goal if I still think I want to lose weight at that point.
jcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourtney View Post
I think that the numbers they give for the "ideal weight" often are way too low. I set my goal about 15 pounds above that number. I can also set another goal if I still think I want to lose weight at that point.
I kind of agree. I'm supposed to be between 120 and 145. I'm aiming for 160 and I'll see what happens from there. The last time I was 145 I was playing with anorexia and it did not look good.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/155/135

Height: 5'9"

I agree that mini goals seem helpful (not only looking at the long haul does make it seem more attainable, and you can measure progress and have a sense of accomplishment along the way). As for setting a big overall goal, I think you should go for what seems reasonable and healthy, not just what your "ideal weight" is, with the recognition that it can always change along the way. By the way, how do you like the Wii Fit?
BebeFeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

I said 120 just because I want to not stop working out--and quickly gain it back like I used to. But, I'm thinking I'd be more comfortable in the 130s myself. As a girl with curves who has always had them, I can't imagine being rail thin without my boobs or ***. lol.
loquaciousjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #8  
Recommitted: 12/29/2015

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'6" | Age: 27

I'm aiming for 145 lb so that I have a 5 lb window to maintain in since my "real" goal is 150.

According to the BMI charts (which I don't fully trust), 150 lb puts me about 10 lbs above the "normal" range for my height, but I'm expecting that I'll have at least a few pounds of skin to take into account and I've got a fairly large frame, so I feel like going any lower than that would make me look sort of funny.

Though, honestly, if I can squeeze my butt/hips into a size 10 (or maybe even 12) before then, I'll probably stop a little "early."
Enduring Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote