Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #16  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm somehow I doubt that Pillsbury Grands are a significant source of fiber.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

It drive me crazy when things like that happen. I think I made the better decision, then find out it wasn't. But you didn't let it ruin the rest of your day, and that is what matters most!

I have not had starbucks since I was in college and I had tons of bonus bucks off my meal plan to spend. It was so hard to spend them all before the semester ended, but starbucks helped with that! I am not a coffee person anyway. Where I live we went from having 0 starbucks to having 4 in 6 months. Needless to say, 2 went out of business within the first year. One starbucks was in a grocery store, and the second was on the other end of that same grocery store's parking lot. Smart.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I have to agree with everyone, you did the best you could under the circumstances, just don't let it derail you!

I am a Starbucks junkie! I moved from coffee capital to a place that barely has a coffee shop, I thought I might die BUT! I finally found one If you really want a bad cup of coffee try Blendz, it's like they burn their beans, and then do it again just for fun. Yuck. I think my one "splurge" while I'm dieting is coffee, a small latte is 190 calories, and works like a small meal... plus the caffeine is an appetite suppressant while I really need near TOM!

When I was doing WW I could have a tall mocha frap, no whip for 3 points. Very yummy on a hot day!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #19  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Ah Blendz...I keep forgetting they serve coffee (I don't drink it, even a little caffeine makes me scary hyper). I just remember their ice chocolate shake things...it's like chocolate mixed with chocolate with chocolate on top. I don't even want to know how caloric it is.

My waistline appreciates that Blendz seems to have stayed out west.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

I agree about starbucks coffee - I don't like it. Their espresso on the other hand is delicious! My favorite is a skinny iced vanilla latte (they make it with skim milk and sugar free syrup). The tall has only 60 calories, the grande has 80 and the venti has 110. I've gotten so used to the skinny lattes that I forgot to order it that way once and I got an iced latte made with whole milke and regular syrup and it was gross! It was so thick and sweet I couldn't finish it. It's nice to know I've actually gotten to prefer the one that's better for me!

I used to always order the Iced Caramel Macchiato but that is no more, the venti size has 360 calories!

Last edited by Bombe; 08-28-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Sylvied - I tried the food at Blendz once! There was mold on it, and they refused to give me my money back.. they graciously offered to replace it. I said no thank you and never returned. The chocolate thing sounds like pure evil! Where do you live? I found a Second Cup here, and it's got the most fatty delish looking food!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #22  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I haven't stepped foot into a Starbucks in years. I have always prefered local coffee shops anyway. When I was growing up there was one my friend and I would walk to for iced cappuccinos.

Now my husband and I live behind a different local shop that has the best Cafe Breves which really aren't too terrible at about 150-200 calories for a 16oz.

Although we were in there Saturday night and I saw the most delicious looking scones. I was happy they had crappy live music that made me run out the door. Otherwise I would have been attacking their pastry case.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote