Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Default Nearly 30-something kicked me in the butt!

Hello guys!

The realisation that I turn 28 in a couple of weeks really was the wake-up call I needed. I always thought "I'll lose the weight some day", and then all of a sudden my 20's are nearly over and I realise I've been missing out BIG TIME.

I want to wear cute clothes that suit my age, not big flowing tops for grannies. I want to get up on the dance floor and feel like guys are checking me out, not elbowing their friends in the ribs and laughing at the fat girl.
I'd love to meet someone special, but I don't have the confidence and I can't get the guys I want now anyway (not super buff macho man, but a nice tall country sort of fella).

So the journey begins. I know I've got a long way to go, but I'd prefer to do it now than look back more years down the track with even more regret.

I'd love to hear what you guys think - does it worry you that you're getting older? Was that part of your motivation to finally lose the weight?

Or just say hello! I'd love to meet some new buddies!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #2  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Nikki! Welcome!

My story is somewhat similar. I had my 27th b-day last month and freaked. There are only so many years left to be young, and I didn't feel like I was living them up like I should. I live at the beach and don't ever go because I am too embarrassed to wear a swim suit (or can't find one that fits), I don't go out dancing with my hubby anymore, I want to have kids and be healthy, so many things crashed down on me at once.

I hope you can find what works for you and keep your motivation. The first few weeks have been a little shaky for me, but this time I mean business and I'm going to get to my goal no matter what.

Good luck!!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #3  

Hey Nella, thanks for your message! I totally understand - I just don't want to miss out on stuff anymore! Or feel terrible about myself when I go to a club, or even just go shopping with my friends. It's so humiliating when they are trying on clothes etc, and all I can buy is scarves and handbags (even heels are too hard for me these days).

At least it sounds like you have a wonderful hubby. I'd like one of those too! And yes, I want kids as well and I would be devastated if a doctor told me I couldn't fall pregnant because of my weight. Plus - I want people to be able to see my bump when I'm pregnant, not just have it blend in with my stomach!

Best of luck, would love to hear how you go!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/163/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi Nikki

I turned 28 last month and I've had the same thoughts and feelings. Not only my weight but that I generally have felt very unhealthy and lethargic for a long time, which I'm sure is down to my poor diet.

I figure I shouldn't be feeling like an 80 year old yet (although I'm sure there are some awesome 80 year olds out there that would put me to shame! )

So anyway, I hear you on this and like you said, it really is a kick in the butt when you realise your 20s are nearly spent.

The good thing is, now there is a goal where we can aim to actually feel better and look better in our 30s than we did ever did in our 20s, which would be fantastic right?
liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #5  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey I totally know where you ladies are coming from. I'm 27 but started at 26 because I felt like liss did... an old lady in a young woman's body! I was tired of being tired and fat all the time. I guess also the realization that the older we get, the harder it's going to be to lose weight so might as well start now!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:12 AM   #6  

Hey gals,

Thanks for your replies! It's great to hear other people feel the same as I do. I have friends in their late 30s who say "but you're so YOUNG", but I tell you, when I can't walk up a flight of stairs or buy a cocktail dress to fit me, I don't feel young. Like you said Liss, we don't want to feel elderly!

And I don't want to end up a barren spinster either! Bring on the body confidence and lets find a man!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #7  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm glad there are a few of us in the "I feel old before I'm old" club. But we'll be in the "I'm hot and young " club soon too!

Keep it up girls!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/163/120

Just popped in a re-read this thread. How are you girls all doing??
liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 96.7/96.7/60

Height: 5'8

Nikki, I can totally relate. It will feel so awesome when we can burn the Nana tops! Except instead of being generic chain store bimbos, we will have the added maturity that comes from undergoing such a journey
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Aussie Nikki - I completely understand but you are getting a head start compared to me. My birthday is about 15 weeks away and I want to be in good shape and look good that is not very much time!! But you have plenty of time to reach your goals.... put your mind into it and you can do it!!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote