Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #16  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Yay, Jelbb!

Guy friends can be tricky. My closest guy friends still try to butt in my relationship with my fiance. Sheesh!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

So jealous Jelbb! I can't resist the accents either, quite jealous of you. Be sure to let us know how it progresses... I love living vicariously through other people!
Look on the brightside, you have great guy friends. It probably doesn't seem funny at the time, but if you and the BBB really hit it off you'll probably look back and laugh later. Most of my guy "friends" aren't interested enough to interfere, even jokingly...I need to make better guy friends.
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #18  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

When I lived in Toronto people would ask me to say stuff just so that they could hear my accent. It was just a bit unnerving
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #19  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa chip View Post
When I lived in Toronto people would ask me to say stuff just so that they could hear my accent. It was just a bit unnerving
Lol, yeah, my best friend's boyfriend is british, and he thinks canadians are making fun of him (taking the piss) when they ask him to repeat things or comment on his accent, lol.

UPDATE:
BBB asked me out via txt today!!!! He wanted to know if I was free sometime this week. I told him I'm working every day, but am free friday. I'm waiting giddily to hear back from him, and am wasting time in my college town cos I'm meeting my brother here tonight for dinner. Seeing as I'm sitting in front of a clothing place in my car right now, I may go in and look at possible date shirts...!

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-25-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #20  
I will do this.

Having a BBB myself - all I can say is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEE

I am so FRICKIN happy for you
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #21  
Queen Yo-yo

!!!! YAY! I remember you telling me about him!!!!

Update 2:
Friday's a go for our date! And we're having a nice long MSN chat, and if possible, I may be even more smitten.
And he's half-Brazilian. A beautiful british-brazilian boy. BBBB. Oh man, oh man. I'm a goner.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:15 AM   #22  
sugar is the devil

Arg! I wish I was as lucky as you are

I want to know how this Friday date goes!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #23  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh my, things have progressed since the last time I was here. Jelbb, that's AMAZINGLY AWESOME! I hope you have endless amounts of fun on Friday!
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #24  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
And he's half-Brazilian. A beautiful british-brazilian boy. BBBB. Oh man, oh man. I'm a goner.
OMG - I think *I'm* in love...

Good luck on Friday
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 238 / 233 / 135

Height: 5'7"

Have fun on Friday!
lexib0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #26  
Queen Yo-yo

Update!!

Last night I had my date with BBB!

Unfortunately, I didn't know where it was he wanted me to meet him in Toronto, and I'm HORRIBLE with directions. Thank god for beer and good friends, though... I went for a beer with a couple of friends before-hand, and one of them essentially shoved me on a subway, came with, then WALKED me to where I was to meet BBB. It was actually perfect, I think the friends and beer calmed my nerves a little bit, and being essentially DROPPED where I was meeting him meant I didn't have to stress about finding the place! Phew!

So, I got there (a relatively up-scale restaurant), and right from the get-go, it was easy. I was calm and comfortable, he was friendly and talkative, and sweet, and we went from tangent to tangent about movies, and his work, and him moving over from England, and my school, and me moving to a new city, etc. We sat at the bar and had a few drinks while chatting, then he had made reservations for us. I felt completely intimidated by the menu because there were a lot of expensive dishes, $25+.... I ended up ordering a $14 salad, partially because I felt horrible about the price of the place, and partially because I was, despite the unexpected degree of comfort I felt with him, still a bit nerve-ridden... and when it came, I really barely took a chunk out of it. Strangely, he didn't eat much either, and the waiter gave us funny looks when we said we were done, lol.

For after dinner, he'd laid out a bunch of options for me... there was a bar nearby with awesome live music... or a stand-up comedy show starting a half hour later... or a pool hall we could go play pool at.... or we could do something more chill and just kick back at his place and watch a movie. I chose to go see the stand-up comedians, then afterwards we went back to his place.

Not a lot of stuff REALLY er... "happened..." I'm rocking my TOM.. but he was suuuper cuddly and sweet, and I wound up crashing there overnight (I live an hour away from Toronto). This morning, he made me tea, and we cuddled in bed and watched a soccer game (we met through my soccer buddies, and I love soccer ). I didn't even have to initiate the cuddliness, he simply handed me my tea, crawled back into bed with me, and slid his arm around my shoulder. He did a lot of snuggling, and kissing my hands, and saying how "cute" I was. I'm totally smitten, he's so sweet.

So yeah, it went REALLY well! And he asked if I would bring some of the movies we'd talked about and have a movie night with him... and he also said he has tickets to a film festival in Toronto, and he's invited me to go. And he knows that I'm spending today packing and moving furniture, and I'm going to miss my team's game... so he's sending me txt message updates of the score.

SO SMITTEN. So very very very smitten!!!!

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-29-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 208/183/135

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations! I wish you tons of luck, if only there were more like him around haha
EmilySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #28  
The Last 10lbs!

Awww Jelbb, he sounds lovely! My boyfriend is British (I'm Canadian - we met while doing our undergrad degrees at the same university in England) and I can totally vouch for how appealing the accent and the charm of those boys are! I've found that chivalry isn't entirely dead in England and there are a lot of guys that I've met at uni that have pretty impeccable manners - a huge plus! Your BBBB sounds like he's definitely got them down. I hope things continue to go well for you. As for your friends, it seems you won't have to worry about them as much anymore if you are spending time alone together! Have fun!

I'm super jealous that your BBBB is in Canada, my boyfriend's working full time back in England so I am home for the summer without him. It's driving me crazy, we've been apart for nearly two months already!! He should be like your BBBB and move here too!

Last edited by freedomreins; 08-30-2009 at 06:24 PM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #29  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Nawwww adorable (and totally necessary!) story is ADORABLE!! My brother cock blocked the **** out of my boyfriend when we first got together and I'd bring him home lol. (But now we get plenty of alone time)

I'm so happy for you!!!!! Definitely give us juicy updates!! XD

Also, AWWWWWW @ your date and snuggle fest. My boyfriend John is totally the same way, he's very VERY snuggly and he kisses me in his sleep when we nap, and he's always kissing my hands and such. Aren't the good boys just wonderful? :3

Last edited by platformnine; 08-30-2009 at 06:51 PM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote