Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/162/105

Height: 5'2"

Default OT: Universal Studios

So I am possibly planning a spur of the moment trip at the end of August. I normally go to Disney World, but I am debating going to Universal Studios for a couple days. Has anyone ever gone to Universal Studios, and did you like it? What is your honest opinion of the theme park, pros and cons?
LucySinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I went there and actually enjoyed it. I loved the studio tour thing they have, I went to all the shows, there wasn't anything I disliked. I honestly want to go again.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #3  
It's the final countdown!

S/C/G: 181/150.2/125

Height: 5'3

I love Universal Studios!
KEmery08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

I've been to both and I can say as an adult, I'd enjoy US more than I did DW as a kid. I suggest trying out their newer park, Island of Adventure. I just really loved that.
Kyla0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I think Universal Studios is ok... Dunno if it has enough that you will be able to spend a couple days. I would prefer Disneyland myself... but then again, I would choose Knott's Berry Farm over both those choices!
My husband and I had an annual pass for Universal for two years straight, so that might be part of the reason... I could just be Universal-ed out. heh. It's ok though. Like I said, it's good for a day, but I wouldn't say much longer than that.. If you have any questions, you can feel free to pm me.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I love US, but I'm with stargzr that I don't think you could spread the park between a few days. Maybe one day for Universal and one day for Islands of Adventure (Jurassic Park the ride is a MUST).

I've always had a great time whenever we went to both parks.

Also, if you don't think you'd have fun at DW as an adult, go on Halloween.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 390/375/200

Height: 5'3"

Smile If you really want to see everything...

A day in each park is best. Universal has some awesome rides and some pretty decent shows, but is a little more geared towards kids in some parts. I had passes for 3 years.

Must Rides for Universal:
-Men In Black (I worked for the guy who programmed the spins in the ride and I was a "test" subject for it more than once!)
-Jaws just because it's classic
-Mummy rollercoaster
-ET again, it's a classic
-Simpson's is pretty good unless you get sick on simulators
-you can skip Johnny Neutron unless the lines are really short
-Terminator show is pretty cool if you like Terminator
-Shrek movie is just the one from the DVD
-Twister & Earthquake are pretty cool too and both give you a chance to get out of the heat for a bit

Islands of Adventure is more geared towards teens and adults in my opinion.

Rides not to miss at IOA:
-Whatever you do, do not miss the Poseidon Fury! It's a little walk-through show thing but again, you get out of the heat and it's got some awesome effects!
-Spiderman is AWESOME!
-Jurassic Park is AWESOME!
-All the coasters are great too!
-Ride the Popeye's Bilge Rat ride LAST unless you want mega-chafing! Or as my family so politely calls it, "Crotch Rot." You get absolutely DRENCHED! But the ride is AWESOME! It's way wilder than Congo River Rapids at Busch Gardens too. (Just take some Monistat Chafing Cream. That stuff is absolutely amazing for getting you through the day without ending up with raw thighs no matter what size you are!)

Also, the meal ticket bracelets are well worth the money. It's about $35 for all day all you can eat at both parks. If you're planning on being there at opening and there until close, you'll easily spend that on food. There are actually A LOT of choices around each park and they all offer some healthier options. You can also buy one of those large sipper cups for like $8 and get it refilled all day at the places your wristband is good at. I liked it just because it gave me a big water cup to keep getting refilled instead of buying bottles.
gypsie921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Los Angeles or Orlando?

I've never been to the Orlando one, but the LA one is ok. I've been to the LA one a few times and I have no desire to go back.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #9  
this time it's for real

S/C/G: 201/159/135

Height: 5'2"

I've never been to the Universal Studios in Florida, but I have been to the one in Los Angeles.

The best part, in my opinion, is the studio tour where you see the backlot tours where films and TV shows are filmed (Desperate Housewives, War of the Worlds, and many, many others that are escaping my memory).

The rides are great too, but if you're looking for rollercoasters, go to a Six Flags, Disney or Knotts.
macky is offline   Reply With Quote