Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default i needed to rant...

Today, my exercise bike bit the dust today. Now i don't know what I am going to do because i don't belong to a gym (no money) I don't have any other equipment to use or the money to buy any. I don't have any work out dvds. i don't have a reg. bike i could use. My friends don't have any equip that i could borrow or dvds cuz there not interested in losing weight or they don't have a weight problem. I feel like i am going to fail at this cuz i don't know what i am going to do now since i only have to walk and that gets boring after awhile. NONE of my family members or friends will walk with me its like pulling teeth. im just mad, frustrated, and sad. AHHHHH i feel like i was ahead of the game and now i feel as tho i went back 10 steps. sorry 4 the rant i had to get it out of my system.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

A couple suggestion:
Youtube- though some of the videos are obviously copyrighted and you might not feel okay about that
Exercise TV- Google it, tons of free, awesome workout videos.
You also might already get a workout station on your TV. We have direcTV and there's definitely a channel. I couldn't tell you what it is, but you could try looking for one.
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

agree with PiedPiper's sugestion and also maybe try dancing. When I don't feel like going to the gym I totally love to just shut my blinds, turn up my music and dance! It's really good cardio
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/183/135

Height: 5'9"

Instead of walking, get your friends to play soccer or ultimate frisbee or some other fun game that has a lot of hidden exercise! Working out can be fun!

And I so second the dancing option.

Last edited by EmilySue; 07-31-2009 at 10:03 PM.
EmilySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 PM   #5  

Check Craigslist..sometimes people are just looking to unload stuff for free.
Isn't there something called freecycle?

The library rents out exercise videos/dvds.
suefrommars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #6  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

ty, but i have basic cable. so no work out tv station lol and my friends are not active at all. there idea of fun is going to the movies and playing video games. lol (there not interactive video games) they have laughed in my face when i say lets go out and play tennis or play some baseball or football. i think there workout would be to just to watch it lol (my friends are mostly males) i have downloaded things of the internet but i dont have a burner nor apparently does my friends cuz i have all asked them. lol or the room to jump around where i live cuz i live in a studio apt on 3rd floor and cant go to my parents house cuz they live in another state. its just like a no win situation. i have been looking on the craigs list for the free stuff but no luck and i would have to find something that would hold my weight also, thats kinda hard. i do dance around but i dont feel like thats a good enuff wrkout tho. i did have a friend that gave away a treadmill, but did he offered it to me no. he gave to another friends of ours sister. he knows what ive been trying to do n he seen my progress and has complimented me on it and gave it away to some1 that doesn't need it shes in perfect weight and looks like she could gain rather than lose. and that kinda hurt me. but what can u do.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Hmm.. do you have any local goodwill or thrift stores around? Or even used-movie stores? where you might be able to buy a vhs/dvd of a workout for very little $?

Or perhaps the local library?
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #8  

What about adult leagues? I know there are a ton of kickball leagues in my area. Plus there are definitely the more standard soccer/baseball/basketball. You get exercise AND you get to make new fit friends who might be more interested in doing active things with you.
I know you said you think walking gets boring, why not try hiking instead? I'm sure you can find all sorts of hiking trails around you, and that gives you interesting views instead of just your neighborhood.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

You should totally get Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred! It sells for $7.50 on amazon, I'm sure you could find that change in the couch, lol. As for weights you don't even need any. I use two 28 fl. oz. cans of crushed tomatoes, but you could use any two things that weigh about 3 pounds, like water bottles, etc.
Another thing, walking is absolutely free, so are bodyweight exercises like pushups, squats, lunges, planks, etc., and they offer quite a workout as well, and you don't need other people to do these things with either.

Last edited by aneleh; 08-01-2009 at 07:56 PM.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

You can jump rope and you really don't even need the rope just make the movements. Its really not that hard to work out without equipment. I've been doing it for 5 years now.

Last edited by benchmarkman; 08-01-2009 at 07:58 PM.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #11  
Heck Yes!

S/C/G: 235/231/165

Height: 6'0

Default Try a different approach

I think you need a different perspective. You might want to search out some friends that would be helpful to you. Heck, there are sooo many member on here that would love to help you! You know you would be able to find someone in your area. The main thing is to be positive. If you look at this situation as a no win situation, it will be! Yes, walking can get boring...so run! Go shoot some hoops, go swimming, do some pushups/sit-ups, be creative. You are capable of anything!
yesimhappilymarried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Put an ad on craigslist looking for a walking buddy!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #13  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

thank you guys
Old 08-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #14  

I actually read an article one time about the more you think of something as a real workout, the more effect you get from it. Basically they took a group of hotel maids at a huge NYC hotel and told half the group that cleaning was exercise and the other half they didn't tell them anything. The group that was told it was exercise actually lost weight, whereas the other group didn't. It probably has a little to do with the information potentially affecting diet, but one might thinking telling them it was a workout would induce them to eat more, causing them to gain weight, not lose it.
Obviously this doesn't mean that you can suddenly think brushing your teeth is a workout and you'll lose weight, but I think it does show the importance of attitude. Stay positive!