Old 07-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #1  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Default A shopping trip and self acceptance

I was supposed to get this "intelligent fitness" testing done today, but the trainer had to cancel again at the last minute when I was already up in Burlington, so I decided I'd get a little retail therapy instead.

I went to Banana Republic hoping that I might have gone down a size bc my size 12 Gap jeans are falling off me, but I decided to play it safe and try on 12s first so I wouldn't be disappointed if 10s looked bad. Well, the size 12 shorts I got looked great and were on sale (I got them and a pair of dress pants for $45) and I'm wearing them right now with my jean jacket and feel really cute However, I was bummed that I'm not quite down to a 10 yet. So it was a mixed trip.

I'm really working on liking myself at the weight I'm at. So I'm trying to focus on the success of the trip rather than the let down. I am a size 12. I look hott. So what if I never get to a size 8 or even 10?

Thanks for listening to me try to sort myself out
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #2  
Living the Laguna life...

forestroad, i totally understand what you're going through. on the one hand, i meet lots of guys when i'm out, definitely think i look cute, and know that losing those last 15 pounds won't change the way most people perceive me. so why do it right?

i just think about all of the clothes i can't fit into that i LOVE, how proud i used to be of my body (and those awesome muscles), and the way i feel about myself when i'm eating healthy.

so really, it's not about the size or how i look to other people, but how i feel about myself when i'm in my clothes. at least, that's what i think... =)
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

you are probably like a size 11.254312 xD So dont think that you havent made progress- you look smoking in 12s and you will soon be smoking in 10s Plus i find that stores have different sizes and things fit differently depending on who makes it, so who knows, you might be a size 10 somewhere else. Plus its just a number right
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #4  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

The sizing at BR is totally random! They have a pair of denim shorts that were still tight on me in a 10 when I started fitting into 8s in pants (and in shorts at JCrew).

But the number in your waistband totally doesn't matter. All the work you've done & the progress you've made - that kicks ***!!!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #5  
~jus' being me~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
The sizing at BR is totally random!
I agree. When I was in the States last year I was wearing anything from an 8 to a 12 at BR! In the end I decided to fugghedabout the sizes and focus on how good I felt and the progress I had made. If you are happy and you look good strut it!

Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/241/160

Height: 5'11

If you are happy with the way you look - then screw the numbers. LOL.
Phantom Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

I agree you are probably more of a juniors 11 right now which is why the 10 doesnt yet fit but I am sure they will soon =) its good to see you have a positive attitude about it! clothing shopping can be fun and horrible all at the same time. lol.
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

Hey, you started at 180 and now you're 155. That's AMAZING progress and you should be soooooooo freakin thrilled! My stats are almost the same as yours, so if you feel anything like I do, you probably are feeling that you don't look BAD, but you could still lose a bit more to really look your best. But man, you have accomplished SO much thus far!! Be proud of that and keep going
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote