Old 07-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #16  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Oh I hear ya on the evil, manipulative, narcissistic jerk of a male roommate. Had one last summer and thank all that is good that he is out of my life now. I don't have any real good advice for you, as all I did was compose nasty notes/emails in my head to him and then say absolutely nothing.

I do, however, have the perfect distraction for you: passiveaggressivenotes.com It's absolutely hilarious and will make you feel a lot better about your idiot ex-roommate. Hope the party goes well!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #17  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Forestroad - Exactly. That's what I do with people/did with my case...... I can't help but read them, but I get delicious pleasure out of not answering anymore because you know that that drives them crazy when you act like they don't matter. Because, really, THEY DON'T.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

You didn't figure out he was a jerk back in the days when he was coercing unsuspecting women into stripping for him...? Or when you played on the down low knowing full well he had a girlfriend? Denial is not just a river in Egypt, yanno. He sucks through and through, but you also let yourself get drawn into that situation.

If you feel so inclined to ignore him or politely blow him off and tell him to never speak to you again that would be a perfectly acceptable course of action. Or you could pull my favorite b*tch trick and just act like you have no idea who he is.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #19  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I would ignore him.

hes a jerk, and he doesn't deserve your time.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #20  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
You didn't figure out he was a jerk back in the days when he was coercing unsuspecting women into stripping for him...? Or when you played on the down low knowing full well he had a girlfriend? Denial is not just a river in Egypt, yanno. He sucks through and through, but you also let yourself get drawn into that situation.
I had a very huge crush on him back in the day. I was in denial, I fully admit it and take responsibility for it. Also, with the cheating, it was right after my grandmother passed away (which was a horrible experience, second only to my mom passing away) so he was playing on my vulnerable side. I do dumb things when I'm sad - like I'll do anything to feel something else - so I'll take responsibility that I was one of 2 in that situation, but he knew he was taking advantage of me as well.

Prior to the above, I was never actually the victim of any of his crap. I had myself convinced for years that he just respected me more than those other girls (or I wasn't attractive enough, it went back and forth). It wasn't until it happened to me that I realized he was doing what he could to who he could.

I like your b*tch trick - that may very well be what happens.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'd ignore the e-mail, go to the party and have a blast regardless of the fact he's there. Like someone else said, if he comes to you to talk, be civil. If he pushes you for reasons why you don't talk to him, I'd calmly tell him that you did not appreciate the way things went between the two of you after your personal tragedy, that you don't want to continue a friendship with him and would prefer if he did not make a scene in public. And walk away.

Don't let his presence ruin your good time in any way.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote