Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/see signature line/140

Height: 5'3

Do you feel that you are on a ticking clock in your twenties to live it up?
I don't really feel this way, I feel that I kinda lived it up in my late teens/really early 20s in college and now I've just slowed down and enjoy being more home-y.

Do you think that since you are in your twenties it is more important to be with a Mr.Right type of guy or Mr. Right "NOW" kinda guy?
Mr. Right "NOW" is so unsatisfying, I definitely think it's more important for me anyway to be with a Mr. Right. And thankfully, I am!

Do you feel that you will regret living your twenties overweight/unhappy with yourself later if you do not lose the weight and get in shape?

Definitely. These are supposed to be the prime years of my life and although I am generally happy with who I am, I think that I am wasting some part of my life because I am overweight. I feel like I miss out on fun opportunities my in shape healthy friends can do just because I'm so out of shape.
zaarjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 168/155/125

Height: 5'2

No, not really. I was never the type to party or go out all that much. I do go to the bar occasionally but i have never gone clubbing and have never regretted it. I do want to travel and see the world. That is a big thing on my list.

Do you think that since you are in your twenties it is more important to be with a Mr.Right type of guy or Mr. Right "NOW" kinda guy?

Well i am married so i am with a Mr. Right. I love it though because i have always wanted to have a family and be married. My husband is a wonderful guy and i wouldn't trade him for the world.

Do you feel that you will regret living your twenties overweight/unhappy with yourself later if you do not lose the weight and get in shape?

Yes, I would regret it because i am the only one who can do anything about it. It would be wasted years of being unhealthy and not feeling good about yourself. Besides i could never see myself being unhappy with anything and be unwilling to do anything about it.
bunbun331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #18  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

If by "living it up" you mean "enjoying myself while furthering my education and starting a career," then yes! Not much of one for going out or partying, and I'm fine with that. I just want to enjoy myself in my 20s. And my 30s. And all the other decades.

I'm not with any type guy right now, and haven't been for a while. I've been really content with that actually. For the last two years I haven't really even gotten crushes on guys, I've just been content alone. However, I'm thinking lately I may start entering the dating scene again, and I'll be looking for a Mr. Right Now rather than a Mr. Right. I have no interest in serious relationships until after I finish law school, which will be in 2012.

I have no idea.
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

I read everyones replies and am so happy so many of you Did reply! You're answers make me think and re-evaluate some of my own answers so keep them coming! I love reading them =) Its interesting to see how my fellow 20 soemthings feel about these things!
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220.6/213.2/145

Height: 5'4

I feel like I've pretty much lived up my twenties. I went to college and grad school, partied and had a whole lot of fun. I'm at the point in my life where I'm happy to be living in my own home, watching TV or cooking dinner in my own kitchen. As long as there are the occassional nights out I'm quite content.

I'm currently w/ Mr. Right and we will get married 9/18/10. My goal is to not be fat anymore by that time. I want to buy a normal sized wedding gown, not a plus sized one!!

I will be very unhappy if I hit my 30th birthday in the morbidly obese category. I have over a year and I think it's possible to meet my 80lb weight loss goal. I joined weight watchers and in 1 month so far I've lost 11lbs. I joined 2 soccer leagues and I use cables on demand exercise TV to do the Jillian Michaels workouts. My goal is to stay on target and be thin, fit and healthy by the time I get married.
rowan108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #21  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosekeet View Post
I do weight watchers, and the older ladies are always saying "you know, back when I was 20, I was so thin and could eat whatever I want!" Sometimes I feel it's unfair that I can't eat junk food like so many other people my age! I figure now is the best time to get in shape and get healthy.

I can totally relate to this. I've grown up with people who can eat whatever they want and they're slim as ever. It's so unfair.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Oh yes I do. I WANT to be out till the wee hours every weekend, and I WANT to have fun all the time since I know it's not gonna look as cute when I'm 35 and at a club with my friends. But I think I may always be that type of person who does random stuff all the time.

I kind of dislike that I met my bf at this age, since he is the kinda guy I could picture myself marrying. However, at this point in my life I have no interest in settling down. I like to flirt, I like the attention, and the fact that I don't have kids or anything holding me back. That is why I definitely will not be moving in with him any time soon lol.

I think I would regret these years if I wasn't in shape. I regretted being overweight in highschool terribly. Maybe that is why I crave partying/adventures now, to make up for it.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #23  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

By nature, I'm not a party-er, but for some reason, that still doesn't stop me from feeling like I should be out doing wild, crazy things. I don't know if being skinnier would change that - I'm 24 and moved to a totally new city last year and I'm finding it hard to meet people without being in college. Maybe if I were skinnier, I'd be more outgoing

I'm with Mr. Right - we're technically married right now but aren't having our ceremony until next summer. There's a huge motivation for losing weight!

I wish I could say no, I'm totally comfortable with who I am and how I look. But really, I think I'll be pissed if I hit 30 and don't have any "fun at the beach" or "sexy girls night out" memories to show for it. God that sounds shallow...
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote