3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Moving out of the 150s challenge..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/173557-moving-out-150s-challenge.html)

Star2Be 06-11-2009 01:45 PM

I'm back and ready to pursue this much more strongly now that finals are OVER!! Yay! So where are all of you ladies? How's everyone doing? I'm sitting at 153.0 lbs on the dot today--big surprise, since that's about where I've been for the past three weeks. :dz: But I usually have a cycle of maintaining for 3 weeks and then dropping lots of weight during TOM, and my TOM is next week, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I'll be seeing that 150 (or maybe the 140s) veeery soon! :crossed:

hotnewspirits 06-11-2009 07:47 PM

Which is the smallest number I have seen since my first year of university. And I just graduated haha.

The 140's are kind of a big deal for me because there is something about being in that decade that makes me no longer feel fat. Like there is some miraculous amount of weight lost between 150 and 149 that makes me skinny haha.

It's silly how we create these psychological milestones for ourselves.

size8 06-13-2009 04:57 AM

Well I haven't weighed myself since the beginning of June(I was 155.1lb) but I have been getting a lot compliments that 'I've lost so much weight', 'I look good' and 'I must keep up the good work'... I mean they must stop with the pressure already...

Slender people don't realise what hard work losing weight is. I have worked so hard to get to the 150's and I refuse to gain which makes me work even harder.

It's Winter here in South Africa so I have about 4 more months before the Summer season and for once I just want to be able to wear a mini skirt like all my friends. Since I started loosing weight, I have not gained back anything...

It's amazing what a little motivation, commitment and discipline can do....

Work hard ladies, we have 2 more weeks to get to the 140's....

149lb here I come, I can't wait:D...

ruby5839 06-13-2009 07:00 AM

I've been fluctuating between 150-152 for nearly two months now and it's driving me crazy!! The funny thing is I've been eating pretty well and exercising a few times a week and still no results.
The only off thing is my sleeping pattern. I've had my days and nights mixed up for the last little while. I think I'm getting enough sleep but do strange sleeping patterns have an affect on weight loss?

StringBean 06-13-2009 09:16 AM

I just weighed myself and I saw 152. I also want to see 149 before June is out!!
Goodbye frustrating fifties! Hello fabulous forties!!

Star2Be 06-13-2009 12:26 PM

I didn't weigh myself yesterday because I was moving out of my dorm and had already packed away the scale, heh, but today I weighed in at 153.2 lbs... Which definitely isn't too shocking, cuz I indulged in some tortilla chips yesterday (yeah, shouldn't've done that, but whatever :dizzy:) so I imagine there's some salty water retention going on there! Now I'm finally back at home for the summer and looking forward to some seriously healthy eating. ;) 140s, here I come!! :s:

LittleElectron 06-14-2009 05:52 PM

I'm late to this thread, but I'd love to join in. I have been maintaining in the 150's for at least over a year! I'm between 151 and 152, and I'm hoping I can make it to 149 in two weeks!

jayohwhy 06-15-2009 12:39 AM

ahhhh.. i totally just ate whatever this weekend! epic faaaail! okay.. time to focus and get outta the fifties for goood

Star2Be 06-15-2009 12:07 PM

Ohhh gosh ladies, I have been epically failing at this challenge so far. I mean, I haven't completely fallen off the wagon or anything, but unfortunately I binged the other night (for the first time in a loooong time :() and I'm still seeing the effects of that. Ugh. I'm getting right pack on track, though, and dammit--I am going to get RID of these last 3-4 lbs separating me from goal! This is IT. :club:

size8 06-15-2009 03:28 PM

@ Star2Be, I was just looking at your progress pics and I must say that you look so amazing after your 110lb loss, wow keep up the good work...

Well I have been eatin right, had some chips yesterday though(not too much). Stuck to my exercise plan so I hope I will see the 140s by month end...

MonteCristo 06-16-2009 09:19 AM

I've dropped another 1.8 to 155.4. My prospects for getting out of the 150s by July 1st are getting a bit dim, but I'm not giving up.

beesknees 06-16-2009 10:44 AM

Wow! I had no idea so many of you guys were struggling to get out of the 150s too! I've been hanging between 157-159 for over a month now. I have not been below 150 in about 10 years. I cannot wait to see 149 on the scale. I am treating myself to a spa trip as soon as that happens. I am motivated!

Star2Be 06-16-2009 11:59 AM

OMG ladies... So, after a pretty miserable weigh-in yesterday which totally freaked me out (154.6 lbs... *gulp*), I am utterly shocked to report that when I stepped on the scale today, it read 150.2 lbs!! :yikes: I was totally speechless. I don't know if I just had some seeerious water retention going on yesterday or if I'm just dehydrated or something today, because last time I checked, losing 4.4 lbs in one day was NOT normal! LOL! Though it is TOM for me right now and I always pull pretty impressive losses during those weeks, but this might be one for the record books, heh. Either way, I can't believe that I am soooo close to goal/possibly entering the 140s! Who'da thunk it?!

Tarisaande 06-16-2009 12:07 PM

As of this morning, it looks like I've entered the 150's (159.2) I'll know for sure after a few days. This is so important to me, getting to 150 (or 147, to be exact) because that's the lowest weight I reached in high school the first time I lost a significant amount of weight.

After a stall of a few months where I just wasn't trying that hard, I'm ready to plow through at least the first half of the 150's. 155 will mark the 100 pound mark for me from my high (jan 1 2008), and the end of June is 1 year since I started losing weight for real (starting at about 238)

skinnywish 06-16-2009 06:26 PM

I wanna join too! Been in the 150s for about a month now, and would LOVE to see 149 by the middle of July

Meredith - CONGRATS!!!! That's so awesome! I was just looking at your 100lb goal posts, and you looks so great! Such an inspiration!!!:bravo: