Old 05-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #1  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Meat Head

Alright... So I've had a gym membership for a while and I've been slowly discovering just how hard I can push myself. I was never an active person so at first I was afraid to truly put any effort into my workout routine. I felt better, but I wasn't necessarily loosing the weight.

My boyfriend (our 2 year anniversary is next month!) is a gym bunny and has always been a slim muscular guy so he initially tried to help me loose the weight I gained since I turned 21 (you wouldn't believe how alcohol and wings can make you pack on the POUNDS). I wasn't too tiny to begin with, 160lbs. But since the end of last year I hit 180, the highest I have ever been. You can imagine how this has affected my libido, and my wardrobe. : (

So the other day my gym was offering free training sessions and I thought... This is great! My boyfriend knew what worked for HIS body, but not necessarily for mine and he wasn't the best at explaining to workouts either.

Today was my session and I thought I was going to get a good workout and learn some exercises to do later on my own. My boyfriend even said that if it went well he would purchase a package for me so that I could get started.

WRONG!!

This guy was the biggest douche bag I've ever met! He 'assessed' me for 5 minutes and told me what I already knew (I was out of freaken shape!). Now the 5 minutes were great, he made me do crunches that I could FEEL... But that was it! Immediately after he took me into his office (which looked like a glorified janitor's closet) and berated me for the rest of the 'training session'. He hurled insult after insult and I hadn't even thrown money at him yet - seems like a strange business plan to me! All I wanted was to learn some good moves, instead I sat through half an hour of him trying to sell me a package by telling me I was a fatty. He even said that my boyfriend wanted to sleep with a slim sexy woman but... (and of course he trailed off). Being honest is one thing and that's what I would expect from my trainer. However, the way he went about it was just ridiculous.

Training session my ***.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be worth it but if I'd be subjected to that for 1/2 an hour 3 times a week for $450 a month, I might commit suicide.

Sorry... Just had to vent...
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. That guy is ridiculous! Speak to the manager if you think it would help. Sounds to me like that guy was no help at all, and not doing his job... what an a$$....
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/143/125

Height: 5'5

That guy sounds awful. I agree with ferretgirl, you should speak to the manager. I've always wanted to try a personal trainer at my college's gym but I'm paranoid it'd end up like that. I'm not good at harsh criticism when it deals with my body. Truth is one thing but there's a tactful way to get it across.
Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #4  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Seriously, report that guy! He's probably doing the same thing to other young women who may or may not handle it as well as you did. What an a**hole.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Definitely talk to the manager. That's not right!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #6  

OMG! You need to file a complaint.WTH? Hard to believe he has any clients!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Completely inappropriate for him to make a comment about your sex life.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #8  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Thanks for the support... When he said that he was like wow... My boyfriend seems satisfied!! I don't remember him peaking in our bedroom!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #9  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

You need to tell the manager/owners. I had a trainer who tried to belittle me when I chose to end my time with him (felt I wasn't getting what I paid for) and told me I'd quit going to the gym and come back crying to him after a month or two and five pounds heavier... YEAH RIGHT! Just more motivation to get at it and work your butt off!

I did eventually tell the owners what he had said, and they were shocked and appalled. Trainers like these should not be employed!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #10  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Completely inappropriate for him to make a comment about your sex life.
Way beyond inappropriate!!! My jaw just hit the floor.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

The nerve!!!!!!!! Definitely complain!!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #12  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 267/266/140's

Height: 5'7''

I'm so angry and it didn't even happen to me!! Grrrr...
nik1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameZombie View Post
He even said that my boyfriend wanted to sleep with a slim sexy woman but... (and of course he trailed off).
My jaw literally just dropped when I read that. That is absolutely horrifying, and so completely inappropriate... I am SHOCKED and completely offended on your behalf! I'm impressed that you managed to restrain yourself from jumping over his desk and strangling him. I certainly hope he has a manager or someone with whom you can file a complaint or something--that is just completely unacceptable behavior, and he shouldn't be allowed to treat people like that anymore. Good for you for recognizing that he is 100% in the wrong and not buying into his bullsh*t, chicky.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #14  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Just wow. Ain't anything I can say that others haven't already. Except maybe, use that "grrrrrrr" as motivation?

What a jerk!
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote