Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default going to survive easter!!

Well as you all know easter is on sunday! Well around my familys house they love to eat on the holidays. My mother and 2 sisters are all on a diet as well. They are planning on cheating on easter. With all the food they are going to have its going to be hard for me not to cheat. My goal for this easter is to eat smaller portions. Im going to make a point to get up early and exercise which should help keep me on track. Ill try little foods but not over eat. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else
gonnabeskinny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/240/145

Height: 5'6'

I wish you the best of luck with that. this should be easy for me i hope. with the economy the way it is my parent may not be able to afford all the tempations but if so i will prolly end up giving it to my brothers lol
JessWagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #3  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I asked DH (the easter bunny) to put my name on ONE Cadbury Creme Egg. I think I can get away with eating one.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

im just going to gradually nibble through mine. Hopefully it'll last me all of april that way
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/149/125

I'm making easter dinner this year... but will be making a few changes to the menu (of course without the family's knowledge)

Thank god for finally owning my own home!
Truevibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'd do anything, legal or illegal, for a Cadbury cream egg right now....I did settle for a Reese's Peanut Butter egg this morning, though. Worked it into my calories for the day. First one I'd had in more than a year. It was goooood. But it wasn't a cream egg....sigh....
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #7  
I will do this.

I asked my dad not to make me an easter basket (haha, that sounds like I am 12). I wanted a starbucks card instead - so he got me one.

As for the rest of the day I am going to enjoy the foods - but I am GOING to practice moderation and control. Which means no wine...
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Well I am coking this year but they are all family recipies and since I am cooking for 12 I am not changing them to suit my diet. I am going to snack on fruit and make myself a salad, so that I fill up on that. I will of course eat small portions of all the "bad" foods but to me they are part of the holiday and I will be able to work them in to my calories for the day.
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I had one Easter last Sunday and another next Sunday. I didn't count cals last week and I won't be able to this Sunday either but I'm going to try to be much better. (Stay away from the tea rolls and whip creamy salads.) I'm hoping my gma makes something lemon for desert or cheesecake because neither of those tempt me at all! LOL!

I will also work out before I go to make myself feel a little better about things.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

Cheesecake doesn't tempt you, Lynsey? *jealous*
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #11  

Personally one day off plan causes me to gain.And I am so tired of doing this.So I am vowing to eat on plan for Easter.I am tired of the depression and guilt for not doing so.We are having turkey and a small ham.Sweet potatos and mashed potatos with skim milk and no butter.Whole wheat rolls.Fruit salad and yogurt jello pie for dessert.I am also having french silk pie for others but am not having a bite.thats my plan.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Good luck with your easter! Stay strong! Evaluate your priorities and if losing weight and getting fit is a priority, then you won't be struck by the desire to eat eat eat!

I have 2 easter feasts and have told my family that I only want 1 treat... a piece of a white chocolate bunny. I can do without everything else!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Nope. Not at all. One bite goes a long way for me so I just don't even bother.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

OOO!! We talked about this last week in my WW meeting! you have to divide your plate in three.
The first section, you put a little of your fav foods.
Second section, you put a good amount of the "healthier" foods.
And the third section you either leave empty or put in a lot of super healthy foods. (Veggies, fresh fruit, or salad if its there)

And another rule of thumb that i use. If I want seconds of something, I have to get seconds of everything on my plate. It usually makes me really think if I want to have seconds on a whim, or if I'm really still hungry.

Even if you do indulge a little on Easter, just remember to keep your portions small and don't beat up on yourself! This is a lifestyle change!

We all are going to have to battle the holidays!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PLATE.jpg (9.1 KB, 6 views)
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissclaire View Post
OOO!! We talked about this last week in my WW meeting! you have to divide your plate in three.
The first section, you put a little of your fav foods.
Second section, you put a good amount of the "healthier" foods.
And the third section you either leave empty or put in a lot of super healthy foods. (Veggies, fresh fruit, or salad if its there)

And another rule of thumb that i use. If I want seconds of something, I have to get seconds of everything on my plate. It usually makes me really think if I want to have seconds on a whim, or if I'm really still hungry.

Even if you do indulge a little on Easter, just remember to keep your portions small and don't beat up on yourself! This is a lifestyle change!

We all are going to have to battle the holidays!
That's a good starting point! Thanks for the post! I already know what my sections will be filled with.

I also just thought of something... the 2 feasts that I will be going to will not likely have vegetables! It's my fiance's side of the family and I'm trying to think of a single time that I saw veggies that weren't coated with brown sugar or cheese... nope, none! wow... guess I'll be bringing salad as my contribution.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote