Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #1  

Default My crazy first week

So, last Tuesday I began to eat healthy and work out again. So, that was my day one and I weighed in at 182.5 - not too shabby for months of lazy indulgence.

I've had the most ridiculous, random results so far. I've gotten exercise everyday, so the main variation was my calories.

Day 1, Tuesday: I ate horribly, had a ton of cake, but worked out.
Day 2, Wednesday: First weigh in - 182.5, ate about 1450 calories
Day 3, Thursday: Second weigh in - 181.0, ate about 2100 calories
Day 4, Friday: Third weigh in - 179.0, ate about 1500 calories
Day 5, Saturday: Fourth weigh in - 179.0, ate about 2300 calories
Day 6, Sunday: Fifth weigh in - 177.0, ate about 1500 calories
Day 7, Monday: Sixth weigh in - 178.5, ate about 1700 calories
Day 8, Tuesday, Seventh weigh in - 179.0, ate about 1650 calories

How does this make any sense? The days where I messed up most are the day I shot down, the last three days, the best ones, I've jumped back up! I can't find any rhyme or reason to this and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Gross Side Note:
Speaking of crap, none has come out of me for the last two days. Which I'm pretty sure is partially the cause of my increasing weight, though just partially. I haven't had any pain or anything yet, so I haven't done anything about it. But do you girls know any natural things I can eat, to er, help things along?

EDIT: So, I looked at the advice you guys had given someone else, but I already has a good amount of healthy fats - I have about half an avocado every day (or two) and I take a Vitamin C pill each morning. Other suggestions?

Ugh, I'm all confused about this week. I'm proud of me for staying on plan. I don't really mind the days where I ate a lot over plan, as long as I got right back on for the next day and haven't let it ruin my general downward motion.

So yeah, this is very jumbled and very self-centered, but I just wanted to get some thoughts. Does it ever start to make more sense?

Last edited by Viatre; 03-24-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

The body is a strange thing!! But id say seeing as you sed there were months of eating crap...that most of this weight could be just water weight. Body fluctuations are happening 24/7 for most people. Especially at different time s of the month! i know i gain at least 8 pounds around TOM. it sucks!

and to the gross side note...i find for me it DOES contribute to a little bit of weight gain..but not much..but i also find a get a bit clogged up when i change my eating habits/drop calories dramatically (e.g eating ****ty food and LOTS of it to eating 1300 cals)

Most people also find on here that they only weight once a week, or otherwise ignore the fluctuations..cos you will probably never get away from them! But if ure like me i must weigh everyday/second day...otherwise id be right back where i started!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

I agree on the weigh once a week thing. My first week I weighed every day. My chart looked like a freaking roller coaster. Then I started doing it just once a week. And it's been a consistent downward trend since then. I've lost every week, some more than others, but I keep losing. Your body will fluctuate so much based on how much sodium you're taking in, your TOM, how much you're (not) going to the bathroom, time of the day you're weighing, if you've eaten in the past few hours or not, etc.

Try and get a regular schedule down, weigh once a week so you see less fluctuations, and keep in mind that you may lose when you think you should gain and gain when you think you should lose sometimes.
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote