Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default A touch of inspiration...?

I have been badly, badly off-plan this past week. I'm not sure what possessed me. Maybe all the essay writing, and the ex boyfriend threatening to fly to my country, and the college application missing paperwork... Too much stress.

I really hope I get back OP starting today... on my TOM, I was still on 152.8 this morning. Hopefully things go well.

I could really use some reminders as to WHY I'm doing this, and some words of inspiration!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Sometimes, life just kind of gets in the way. The important thing is to remember to just get up and keep going with it

Have you gone to the GOAL forum? I always go there when I feel like I have forgotten WHY I am doing this.

You could make a list of all the reasons why you are doing this. For example (here are some of mine) I have things like:
- I want to weigh less than my husband for once, so I don't feel like I am crushing him when I sit on his lap
- I don't want to be the only one of my friends in a one-piece bathing suit this year

Also, you could set up some rewards for yourself for every 5 lbs (there's a thread about this right now titled "Am I Vain?" Make a list of new things that you want... perfume, a manicure, a massage, new earrings, whatever... and try to use those as motivation.

Either way, you can do it! All of us here know that you can do it... we're cheering you on! WOOOHOOO
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Its difficult when life gets in the way, you just have to remember how great you feel when youre succeeding and feeling good about yourself. Not just the way you look, think about the energy you have and how much better you feel overall!

you can do this!
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

You are doing this for YOURSELF because you DESERVE it. TAke a deep breath girl, you can do it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #5  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Last week, I totally had myself convinced that I looked just as good now as I did at a lower weight and thought I should just maintain instead of losing.......... and then a friend puts up a picture of me on from college on Facebook when I weighed just 15 lbs less and I was SHOCKED at the difference. I looked tiny. I felt jealous of myself! I have some other pictures of me just 7 lbs less than I am now where I think I look quite good too. It's helped to motivate me to know in just a small amount of lbs, I will look better than I do now.

Another thing that has motivated me when I felt like stopping was asking myself if all of my physical goals have been met. I might feel like giving up on the flat stomach or the thin thighs but I still can't run more than 2 miles... I still get winded on the stairs... I can't bench press more than 30 lbs... I can only do 1 real push-up. Osteoporosis and heart disease run in my family and if I want to avoid them as long as possible, I'll need to be fit and strong. It motivates me to workout which in turn gets me back on track with dieting.

Not sure if those things will help you... but they help me.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote