Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Well girls. My race went well ...it was supposed to be a 5K but my Forerunner let me know the course was actually 3.5 m long. I ran it 36:50! It was awesome! I am having a bit of a problem....I noticed the last couple of weekends I have been straying a bit from tracking on the weekends. I have been trying to keep a mental tally. I know this isn't good but for whatever reason I just don't remember to do it! I was supposed to be track of Joley but if I can't keep track of muhself .....

Joley - How did your weekend go with tracking and all? I am sorry you are not feeling well.

Petunia - YAY! What great news!!! Yes you it will do well for your diet and lucky that DF has a nighttime gig as well. Goo lUCk and soak up as much sunas you can

Kim - How I wish it was me on vaca. Welcome Back. I did well onmy race IMO. It was my first one. Sorry about those blisters that really sucks. My BF bought me some new Nike SHox and I am soooo excited about those all black. A then mile walk whoa!

Bliss - Good Luck with your WI. Sorry you can't go anymore

K4li - I had three sisters growing up and they were always skinny. Of course you know I have asked on three thousand million ocassions why I had to be the fat one. LOL I am totally excited and sometimes I feel likeit is not real....honestly
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #302  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi All, I'm new here. I'm 27, and this is my second time doing WW. I really like it, but I'm doing it at work, and there are just a lot of people are overwhelmingly negative. I'm thinking of just not renewing after our time limit is up, and then using the eTools and another method for the support/meetings.

Have any of you ever just done the eTools and not attended meetings?
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #303  
Struggling ...

S/C/G: 250/248/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Hi All, I'm new here. I'm 27, and this is my second time doing WW. I really like it, but I'm doing it at work, and there are just a lot of people are overwhelmingly negative. I'm thinking of just not renewing after our time limit is up, and then using the eTools and another method for the support/meetings.

Have any of you ever just done the eTools and not attended meetings?
Stella : I did the etools because I couldnt afford WW anymore, and I lost 60 lbs. So it's still really motivating. You can find a bunch of helpful things on it too. It's not as expensive as going to the meetings and you still get done what you need to.

Bliss: That's a great idea getting your man involved. It's better to do it together too, that way you keep eachother on track

KimL1214 and Joley: Thank you for welcoming me. You guys are all SOO sweet!

Petunia: a hike sounds SO nice! It's really cold here now, but when it gets better, I'm gonna try to drag Alex(my b/f) along to a hiking trip. HOW FUN! Thanks for the great idea! CONGRATULATIONS on the new job! I have a cubicle job (unfortunately), but I am looking around for a more active one. I definately think this is partial reason for my weight gain. In the past, I've always had active ones. But I'm sure you'll do great and I'm excited for you!

Cake:That is so awesome that you ran a race! Congrats on the success! I fall off on tracking myself sometimes as well. It's especially REALLY hard to jumpstart on it when your starting up again. But from reading your posts, you seem like a very strong woman and I have no doubt you'll get back on track quick. Thats awesome you have lots of sis's too! Yah, they are really good supporters too... even if they dont have to lose an inch, they're great to me! It's nice having a lot of siblings to help you out

P.S. : I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 2 more lbs! I thought I was going to gain, but I know God's on my side so that makes me happy! Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming

Last edited by K4Li; 04-28-2009 at 09:29 AM.
K4Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #304  
Brighter than the moon!

Thanks K4Li!

I have accountability issues, which was why I went for the at-work program, but I think I can find ways to help me other than those meetings. Lately they've kind of turned into a lynch mob because the people in the group aren't losing as much as they'd like to (they don't understand that they're supposed to only lose 2 lbs a week, as opposed to 10) and they spend about 10 minutes attacking our leader. I just want to surround myself with positivity, I tend to do better that way.

On another note, I made these brownies last night that were awesome and WW friendly - you just take 1 can of black beans (15 oz), rinse them, add enough water to cover them in the can, puree them, add to a box of brownie mix, and bake according to the package. They were SO good and only 2 points each. My roommates (guys) couldn't even tell the difference and wound up eating most of the tray.

As far as exercise, I'm not much of a runner, but I've been spinning a lot and using the elliptical. I hate free weights, but I'm forcing myself to do them at least twice a week. My issue with exercise is that it has to stay fun for me, or I lose interest - are there any other "programs" that anyone has found that they enjoy?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #305  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I am hungry today...not good.

I have had a 9pt breakfast; cereal and milk and I just had a fiber one bar so in all I have had 11 pts today and I feel like I have ate 0. Usually the fiber one bars fill me up until lunch. Ugh.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #306  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

K4Li- I hope it warms up for you soon! The hike was wonderful and I'm extra-happy I got out there because today it is cold and pouring rain! Gotta love Spring! I worked at a desk job for a year and a half and gained 20 lbs. in that time. I know it played a big role... unfortunately! Not only the sitting, but also the constant treats!

Cake- Thanks, girl! Yeah it'll all work out. I know I'll be bummed to work those nights and weekends but all I have to do is think back to how miserable I was at my desk job and I'm sure it'll snap me out of it lol!

Stella- WELCOME! I'm following WW from home right now because I was laid off and couldn't afford the meetings anymore. The accountability is a little different but that's what this group (and this website) are for! We're definitely here for you, girl! Good luck! You can do it!

I bought You On A Diet last night (I love watching Dr. Oz on Oprah) and it so interesting so far! I love anatomy and physiology so it's pretty neat to learn the WHY of losing/gaining weight.
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #307  
Struggling ...

S/C/G: 250/248/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia418 View Post
K4Li- I hope it warms up for you soon! The hike was wonderful and I'm extra-happy I got out there because today it is cold and pouring rain! Gotta love Spring! I worked at a desk job for a year and a half and gained 20 lbs. in that time. I know it played a big role... unfortunately! Not only the sitting, but also the constant treats!
Petunia418: OH MI GOSH, THE TREATS! You are so right there! We always have pot lucks here and there and special events AND the Admin Asst always brings in treats she makes. It is SOOO hard to say no. I really wish I could find another job, but the way the economy is right now... it's not making it any easier. But that wont stop me from trying
K4Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #308  
Brighter than the moon!

Admins like to do that. Ours has a chocolate jar. When I re-started WW, I told her I'm not allowed to come in and take any, and she's pretty supportive of it.

Pot lucks are the devil. My way around it is to make something healthy that I know I can eat, and just take a very tiny sample of whatever else, so at least I'm not insulting anyone.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #309  
Bride-to-be!

K4Li- Good luck if you're looking for a job! I was pretty miserable at my old job so when I was laid-off on 3/31, it was bittersweet. Just keep looking if that's what you want to do... it'll happen eventually!

Stella- Oh my gosh, at least your admin. is supportive. There were a lot of people at my work who seemed to always want to sabotage others' diets.... eeek!!! Good idea with the healthy items at potlucks.

There is a Whole Foods RIGHT next to my new job so I will be making fresh salads as often as possible for lunch! Thank goodness!

Last edited by Petunia418; 04-28-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #310  
Brighter than the moon!

So I have an activity points question.

If I plug 55 minutes of Spinning into the eTools, I get like 8 activity points - however, my WW leader is saying that's "too much" and it should only be about 4 (using the little slide rule thing). I don't know if any of you have ever done it, but I am working my butt off for that 55 minutes and pouring sweat and breathing heavy from the first 5 minutes.
Which do you find is more accurate - eTools or the slide rule?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #311  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Petunia~ Congratulations on your new job!!! You on a Diet sounds really interesting!

joley
~ I hope you're feeling better! Get lots of sleep!

Cake
~ Wow! Great job with your 3.5 miles run! My 5k is on May 9th and I'm starting to get nervous... Do you think you've been way off by keeping track mentally or been kind of close?

stellarose27
~ Welcome! I used etools and 3FC last year for support and found that pretty successful. You could average the two and use that... My leader thinks that etools tend to give extra APs too, so I would ask your leader why 8 APs is too many for that to see if there is a good reason why.

K4Li~ Yay!!! 2 lbs.!!!

The rain clouds are moving in so I don't know if practice is really going to happen this afternoon. All depends on whether or not there is any lightning... I'm having serious issues with soda as in I'm addicted to it once again... so... any ideas of how to get rid of a soda addiction? I can't just drop it because then I end up drinking like a 2 liter at once, so slowly wean?
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #312  
Bride-to-be!

Kim- Thanks! I just realized I didn't have you on my blogroll so I added you! I hope that's ok!

Just got back from Whole Foods. Got some good deals on yummy/healthy things. I'm making Monkey Bread for DF, which is definitely not healthy but he's been craving pastries lately and really stressed out with work. So to make it "not so bad" I bought raw/organic ingredients to make it less processed!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #313  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Petunia~ Sweetness! I've strayed from my blog a bit lately, but am going to work on getting back at it.

So... My transmission has been completely rebuilt... I have no idea how I'm going to make rent, so how am I going to do that too?

Gotta love it...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #314  
joley* is back...

S/C/G: 226.6/218.6/125

Height: 5 feet zero

Whew! I finally found some time to fully read and reply to everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBatter View Post
Well girls. My race went well ...it was supposed to be a 5K but my Forerunner let me know the course was actually 3.5 m long. I ran it 36:50! It was awesome! I am having a bit of a problem....I noticed the last couple of weekends I have been straying a bit from tracking on the weekends. I have been trying to keep a mental tally. I know this isn't good but for whatever reason I just don't remember to do it! I was supposed to be track of Joley but if I can't keep track of muhself .....

Joley - How did your weekend go with tracking and all? I am sorry you are not feeling well.
Cake - What an awesome accomplishment! You go girl! As far as tracking goes, I'm doing alright food wise. Am having difficulty actually eating all my points lately, which is weird since I only have 22. I never thought I would struggle with that aspect of weight watchers. As for exercise, well... I still feel like a slacker on that part. Lately I haven't be putting my all into my sessions and am struggling getting in at least 4 days a week. BAD!

stella - !! I am doing @ work meetings as well, but I would probably die without eTools. It's my lifeline. And wow to your meeting. That's unbelievable! I would probably not like to be in a negative group like that either. As for exercise I don't have enough money for the gym (WW is taking all of it) but I've got tons of home videos to work with that include: The FIRM, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, and Zumba. I rotate it all to give my body a little wake up call every now and then.

K4li - rock on girlfriend! yay for another 2 pounds gone! woo to the hoo!

Bee20nine - i've experienced that too. Even if you go over your daily target points, just make the right choices for the foods you choose to eat today and I'm sure you can rebound later on in the week. Don't forget to get in your water and veggies too! Hope you get through today ok... Keep us posted!

Petunia - that sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to look into it. Oh yeah! I almost forgot but CONGRATS! on getting a new job!!! That's SOOO great to hear.

Kim - you are such a sweetheart. Thanks girlie. I'm feeling MUCH better today! I definitely think a slow process of weaning of the soda is better... Maybe drink soda for two meals and water for one, and then slowly start decreasing your soda intake and increasing the water intake?
joleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #315  
Brighter than the moon!

Thanks to all for your welcoming

We get a new leader next week, so maybe that will calm everyone down. I need to get out of this rut. I gained 0.2 lbs this week, and I'm kind of annoyed at myself, even though I KNOW its due to hormonal issues/water retention.

We just learned about the 5K challenge today (our old leader was a little slow) and I'm looking for a group in my area, but I might just trick my roommates into doing it with me. They're runners, so it'll take some convincing to get them to walk...but I can try.

Has anyone else had luck finding a group in their area to do the challenge?