Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Your invitation to him was kind of vague." let's hang out ". Try one more time but ask him to something definite. a party, a barbecue, a ball game. something with a definite day and time to it. If he still says no,. forget him and move on. I think it is worth a try.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #62  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Screw him, u don't need him or and explanation. lol You are a BEAUTIFUL woman and u should be proud of ur self for asking him out(cuz i wouldn't have the guts too) CONFIDENCE is SEXY. Just go on with life and ask every guy out that ur interested in.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #63  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Star2Be, I'm sorry it hasn't worked out the way you hoped--but let me tell you, the number one thing that attracts guys is CONFIDENCE. Both times I landed a boyfriend I was going through an exceptional confident period and it was amazing that these guys liked ME! ... and later they would tell me, wow, I never thought someone like you would be interested in me!

I know it's hard and the easiest thing to do is to resort to the negative self-talk but all you are doing is building a wall around yourself... saying "nobody is interested in me" is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Please be proud of yourself that you had the guts to ask someone out! You are a great person and your body looks better than ever. Honestly you're going to have your choice of guys soon.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Meredith, do NOT let this get you down for one more second! I definitely can relate to "sad song Saturday", and even that brought back good memories for me, as weird as that sounds. The thing is, maybe this guy was busy, maybe "something suddenly came up" (uh oh, Brady Bunch quote, I'm showing my age again...), or maybe he's just not the one. You might not know it yet, but when you come across the right guy, it won't be a struggle. Keep putting yourself out there!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #65  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

You're beautiful. who knows why he never called. But you deserve to be confident about your weight lose! Don't ever think you don't.

Just remember you kiss a lot of frogs before finding your prince!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Ah, my dear, I'm sorry to hear that. I would give him the benefit of the doubt this time, and the next time I see him ask him to something specific, like a campus event or a movie. It doesn't matter what it is, just as long as it has a specific time frame. If he doesn't show up for that, or blows you off, then move on because YOU are too good for him! I know it's hard to accept, but you are a wonderful, gorgeous person both inside and out. Anyone who would blow you off intentionally isn't worth the time of day. At the beginning of any dating relationship people are usually trying to put their best foot forward, so if he's acting rude at first it's not worth it.
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #67  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

oh, girl, i'm sooo sorry this didn't work out into at least a little something. i will say, however, that i hope that least you are proud of yourself for having put it out there in the first place. weight issues notwithstanding, dating and being single is HARD. you seem really well adjusted and not bent out of shape by this experience at all, and i really hope that is real because the truth of the matter is everyone is different. so just keep on being your awesome self.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have had so many unrequited crushes so I totally relate. I think the best thing to do is act super casual when you see him at school and maybe it will happen then! If not, oh well, right? I can say that every time I have liked someone who didn't like me back, it turned out to be a good thing.
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #69  

you are totally good enough for him...the question is, is he good enough for you? only time will play things out

.......in the mean time, try to not dwell on it (easy to say, hard to do) or dissect the circumstances and reasonings too much, when a guy doesn't call it's not because there's something wrong with you it's because there's something wrong with them
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Meredith, its his loss!

youre a great girl and theres plenty of guys out there that would love to go out with you!

keep your head up and dont let this bring down your spirits!
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #71  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I SO DISAGREE WITH THIS: nor do I necessarily have the most sparkling personality...

Meredith we can all tell from every single one of your pictures an your posts that you have an amazing personality, I'm 100% sure of it too! Confidence will get you very far in life girl, don't you let this bring you down. I'm hoping he has an explanation as well, and do agree that you need a specific thing to invite him too. Maybe the next time you and some friends go out to do something see if he wants to meet you there, and if he doesn't, OH WELL, his loss not yours honey!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Meredith All I can say is he missed himself a great opportunity to spend time with a beautiful girl with an awesome personality. BUT, don't be too down and out yet because it was exam time afterall. People have different priorities and it just might be that when he's off for spring break he has enough time to think and starts looking forward to when he gets back and sees you at work. Play it cool as I know you would and don't internalize it as something that is your fault. It's very possible that with it being the last weekend before everything was due, he just was not available to take another night out since he was already going out the friday night.

Point is, don't be down on yourself!!! you can't jump into his head to see what he was thinking so don't try to make up a bunch of scenarios. You'll get a feel for it yourself when you see him next. Try a casual thing right after work - maybe with other people from work too. That way you get the social thing started and you have control over it.

btw, hope all your exams and assignments went well!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

This thread really shows how much everyone here loves you and thinks what a great person you are, so he must be a few radishes short of a salad!

P.S. I just looked at your 80lbs down progress pics and WOW, you have come so far and look utterly gorgeous!

P.P.S. Chin up
LucyFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #74  
No description available.

I'm sorry, sweetie.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #75  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

That's so awesome! Asking out guys is really nerve wrecking, and even though it might not end well, man, it's like totally overcoming a fear and stuff!

Good luck on the date, and don't worry so much about being yourself, because if you're not, he might end up liking who you aren't. If you are yourself, you'll know that he likes you for you.

XD

edit: only just saw your update!

Well, it's okay. You could give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he forgot, since guys can be daft like that, or you could know that if this dude won't even bother to put in the effort to call-or even text you, then he is not worth your time the least bit.

At the very least, you know you tried! If it doesn't work out in the end, you still won't have any regrets, because you did do your part.

Last edited by lixximajig; 03-21-2009 at 02:44 AM.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote