3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *just for fun* Where do/did you go to COLLEGE? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/165973-%2Ajust-fun%2A-where-do-did-you-go-college.html)

paniania 03-05-2009 10:43 AM

I went to KU (go Jayhawks!) for 2 years planning on getting a double major (business and political science) and a minor in Polish (of all the places for that language to be offered!), but I jinxed myself and walked through the campanelle (sp?) during my first week there. Apparently, local lore says that if you do that you will never graduate. They seem to be right because I had to move back home for family issues and transfer to Dominican University (tiny little Catholic university right outside of Chicago).

I graduated from Dominican with a major in Business Management and a minor in Political Science. I have yet to figure out what to do with those, but assisting with IP law is paying the bills for now.

Jodi Foster 03-05-2009 11:42 AM

Texas Tech University BABY!!!! WRECKEM TECH!!!!!!!
Majored in Communication Studies, English

daniela 03-05-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEllen (Post 2638850)
I go to Eastern Michigan University. I'm majoring in Social Studies and German for secondary education with minors in History and General Music.

Whew. :)

HI MaryEllen! I went to EMU. I have my BBA in Computer Info Systems. And I'm originally from Germany (I moved to the states in 79) I was only 3 but I still speak German :D Small world!!! If your looking for a workout buddy we should meet up sometime.

kisskiss 03-05-2009 04:14 PM

I am graduating from UCLA in June ! yay Go Bruins!
majored in art history, minor in English
I hope to attend Mt St mary's college for my teacher credentials/Masters in Education ...

kelly315 03-05-2009 04:18 PM

NYU 2004-5
OSU 2007-now

:)

lobon 03-05-2009 06:14 PM

went to univ of florida for college and med school. go gators! living in columbus now... not so popular around here

Haley8203 03-05-2009 06:54 PM

Champlain College in Burlington, VT currently pursuing Bachelor's degree in Accounting

moralitylikeart 03-05-2009 07:26 PM

1. I go to Florida International University!
2. I'm a biology major on a premed track, minoring in Art

sws19 03-05-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caitybates (Post 2640901)
i´m a nerd toooooooo. i also go to/went to columbia (im on leave of absence to live in germany). im currently declared as classics/philosophy but i want to change to german. i have also heard tons about university of chicago and columbia being sister schools and i believe it. of all the schools i visited they were the only two i absolutely loved. i had such a hard time choosing between them!!! but as meridith mentioned i went for the glam of the ivy league (andddddddddddd being only 40 minutes away from home, but shhhhhhhhhh, im supposed to be a big kid now)

ha. great to see another columbia kid on here. where did you live when you were still at school? are you just taking the year off?

sws19 03-05-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star2Be (Post 2640613)
Lol, okay then. Just wanted to make sure. :) Nerds are the best!!

also, i meant to ask, what are you studying? one of my friends is a professor there.

RememberHowToSmile 03-05-2009 10:55 PM

Undergrad: Michigan State University, dual degrees: Political Theory Consitutional Democracy; Social Relations; Specalization: Science, Tech., Enviornmental, and Public Policy

Law School: University of Detroit Mercy School of Law

caitybates 03-06-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws19 (Post 2642264)
ha. great to see another columbia kid on here. where did you live when you were still at school? are you just taking the year off?

i lived in carmen my first year and then wien my second. i wanted to die when i totally got like the last number in the lottery and got stuck there but they actually ended up renovating it the summer before i moved in and it was super nice. yeah, i am. i couldnt decided what to major in and then i did decide that i wanted to major in german, but i needed to be a little more advanced in the language if i wanted to get enough credits as nothing before the 3000 level counts toward the major. so now im all able to speak german (sort of!) and ready to major in something i actually like!

sprklemajik 03-06-2009 08:03 AM

Tennessee Tech University
BS. Civil Engineering
Minor in Math

yay for nerds :)

sws19 03-06-2009 10:13 AM

caitybates: ahh carman. funny thing is that more than five years out, whenever my friends and i are talking about someone and another person can't quite place it, we'll be like, "you know, danny from carman 8" or whatever. like that still explains everything.
wow! i can't believe they renovated wien. that place was such a dump. i actually work for the university so maybe i should head over there and check it out sometime.
germany sounds great. one of my good friends majored in it after spending his year abroad in berlin.

Star2Be 03-06-2009 05:19 PM

sws19 - I think I might've mentioned it already, but I'm contemplating majoring in English with a minor in Spanish... But I am thus far undeclared. :p Who is your friend? It would be so cool if he/she happened to be someone I know!