3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *just for fun* Where do/did you go to COLLEGE? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/165973-%2Ajust-fun%2A-where-do-did-you-go-college.html)

Star2Be 03-04-2009 12:08 AM

I'm in my second year at the University of Chicago in Chicago, IL--sounds like a state school, but it's actually a really competitive, challenging university (not trying to brag, but I am very proud of my nerdiness!!). Now y'all know why I'm always constantly complaining about my stupid schoolwork, hehe. :^:

onestar 03-04-2009 12:16 AM

i'm going to Sanford Brown, a vocational school, to be a medical assistant. not sure after that, but something.

gigantosaurus 03-04-2009 01:06 AM

I'm at a JC right now... Santa Monica College, but I'll be transferring (hopefully!) to USC soon as (possibly) a photography/english double major then after that I plan on studying film in grad school. :)

stellarwbz 03-04-2009 01:20 AM

I went to Temple College for a year, and finished my AA at Collin College. Going to finish my BA in Criminology in October at the University of Texas at Dallas.

bjeweled 03-04-2009 01:28 AM

Fontbonne University
St. Louis, Missouri
BS in Sports and Entertainment Management
will graduate May 2009!!! yayyy!
:D

butterfly120 03-04-2009 08:10 AM

I went to Northern Kentucky University for my General Elementary Education license. I had to go back for my Special Education. I did this online at Indiana Wesleyan...which I hated. I missed being in a classroom. Imagine that, ha ha.

Fat Pants 03-04-2009 08:12 AM

University of Colorado both times - BA in Mass Communication, MA in Organizational Communication.

mojolove05 03-04-2009 08:12 AM

I got my AA in Business Administration from the UNiversity of Arkansas Community College at Hope (UACCH) in just a year after high school. I burnt myself out on school and am just now going back and am at John Brown University for my B.S. in Business Information Systems.

TJFitnessDiva 03-04-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Its Courtney (Post 2638722)
Romance: I go to LSU, too!

I graduate from LSU in May with a Major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Advertising. And I'll have a minor in Business.

I bleed purple & gold! Geaux tigers!! :)

It's awesome to see another Tiger in here!

MonteCristo 03-04-2009 09:34 AM

Arkansas State University
BS in Accounting

sws19 03-04-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star2Be (Post 2638930)
I'm in my second year at the University of Chicago in Chicago, IL--sounds like a state school, but it's actually a really competitive, challenging university (not trying to brag, but I am very proud of my nerdiness!!). Now y'all know why I'm always constantly complaining about my stupid schoolwork, hehe. :^:

that's funny! i heard the kids at chicago are even nerdier and pastier than the ones at columbia, which is pretty astounding to me. apparently the schools are supposed to be pretty similar though.
what are you studying?

Priscatip 03-04-2009 11:13 AM

I went to the University of Texas for Political Communications and Georgetown in DC for Nonprofit Administration.
I should have gone to culinary school.
If my boyfriend EVER graduates from Texas Tech and we move to a real place that has even just a community college culinary program, I will go back for that.

tigarlily1 03-04-2009 11:31 AM

I went to SUNY Cortland in upstate NY.

Majored in Communications Studies with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Computer applications.

annddd... thats what my job is in now. I'm one of the rare ones.

Star2Be 03-04-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws19 (Post 2639341)
that's funny! i heard the kids at chicago are even nerdier and pastier than the ones at columbia, which is pretty astounding to me. apparently the schools are supposed to be pretty similar though.
what are you studying?

Ouch, I hope you didn't meant that as a jab at me! Though to be fair, I suppose I am both nerdy and pasty... :dunno:

I have no idea what the students at Columbia are like, but the people at my school are definitely some of the nerdiest I have ever met--and I say that proudly, not in shame! :D It's often said that UChicago students are a self-selecting bunch: we know that we are insane to want to attend a school that is impossibly difficult, comes with none of the recognition (or grade-inflation) of an Ivy League school, and is located in a city with weather that is generally conducive to depression and/or suicide... Yet somehow we choose to come here anyways. Sometimes this school makes me feel like the biggest failure on the planet, but most of the time I love it more than anything--though I do have my suspicions that we're all just secretly masochists, heh. :lol:

I haven't declared my major yet, but I am leaning towards English (or maybe political science), with a potential minor in Spanish. :dizzy:

kalikat003 03-04-2009 01:15 PM

Fleming College in Peterborough, ON for Employment Counselling and Social Service Worker