Old 02-25-2009, 01:57 AM   #1  
Carelessy Creative

S/C/G: 211.5/164.3/145

Height: 5'4"

Default After disappearing for a few months...I'm back!!

Ugh...where do I begin?? Since Thanksgiving all the way up until a few weeks ago I hit a big snag in my weight loss. I plateaued for three months. It was pure torture, I didn't know what I was doing wrong so I lost my steam for a while. BUT, after the past two weeks I have finally gotten over my plateau and I'm back to losing a couple pounds a week. Thank goodness because I was getting extremely discouraged but I never gave up. A week ago I went jean shopping for the first time since September 2008, and I am happy to say that I went down two pants sizes. I went from a 13/14 to a 9/10, I seriously could not believe it.

I had gone to the mall with my boyfriend and to "celebrate" my weight loss so far, he said he would buy me a pair of jeans. As I was looking at the racks of jeans I was thinking in my head "there's no way I went down any pant size, a 13/14 still looks like it would fit me fine." So I just went down one pant size and was shopping around for 11/12's. My boyfriend made me take 9/10's and I took them just to make him happy even though I was telling myself I wasnt even going to try them on and just tell him I did LOL. Sooo, I went to the dressing room and tried on the 11/12's and realized they fit but were kind of loose and I was looking at the size 9 jeans my bf made me take and thought to myself there was NO way I could get my *** in them LOL. But I tried them on anyway.........AND THEY FIT PERFECTLY. I started crying I was so happy, I couldn't believe it. I haven't been a size 9 since 10th grade LOL. After all these months of looking in the mirror and not seeing any change, I finally have the proof I need to keep me motivated.

My old shirts are getting big on me too around the arms and I can tell that my muffin top is going away. I guess I've just been to hard on myself and need to relax a little bit. I'm only 40 pounds away from my goal and hopefully I can keep this going until I reach it. I dream one day of maintaining my weight LOL.

It's nice to be back here, I felt weird without 3FC. =)
shaunabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/205/135

Height: 5'6

Yay! Congrats on the 9!

Last year I wore a size 10 and bought a size 7 in jeans to motivate myself, after having them a month I decided to try them on for s***'s and giggles, and they fit! It makes your confidence instantly go up.

Even though I gained some weight back and im in a 9 again.

Keep up the amazing work!

LoveAlwaysK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #3  
Meow

Welcome back. IF you ever plateau again ask for some advice on this forum and I know the ladies are very helpful so they can give you some good tips on how ot get over it!! hehe =]

You are doing a great job so far!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #5  
No failure!!!

S/C/G: 265/240/175

Height: 5'10"

I feel ya, I also have had a snag. I am just starting this journey and a week before Thangksgiving I had a major surgery on my ankle. I can finally just now start moving more which I think will help a ton. It is so hard and discouraging with diet alone. Good Luck!!!

Mandy
nursemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/204/160

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on the size 9! That's great! Good luck with that last 40! I've only been here a few days and everyone has been very helpful so far. I can see why this place would give great motivation! Stick around!
mathsoup is offline   Reply With Quote