Old 02-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #1  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

Default bored with life.

anyone else feeling this way lately?

i feel like i'm in some type of transition phase, but i'm not - same job, same friends, same place, same everything. and none of it's changing (or, at least i don't think so unless something unforeseen happens) in the near future.

i've got a pretty good job, but it's not stimulating. i HATE complaining about it, because in this economy it's probably better than anything else i could walk out on the street and find. i'm just letting this boredom consume me to the point that i'm not performing at work as well as i should. luckily i have an amazing boss who probably is either cutting me some slack, or not noticing at this point.

ugh.

bf and i *kinda* broke up a few weeks ago (see earlier post) but he begged to give it one last shot. it's been ok. but i'm realizing that my relationship is actually boring me too. i'm thinking a LOT about other guys - one in particular - not that anything would realistically happen with this other person but still, it's not a good sign. i literally don't care about V-tines day this year. i just want it overwith.

i guess my expectations for adult life just haven't come true. the thing is - i don't desire marriage, or family, or any of that necessarily - i just want to find something that makes life feel more than just a rat-race struggle.

sorry for the rambling, mildly incoherent rant. felt good to get it out.
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #2  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

honestly, i think we all feel/felt/will feel this way at some point in our 20s. its just proves we're evolving. i've been there for a few years now, trying to find my spot in the world. its tough and rather overwhelming. but just try and stay positive and make the changes you need in order to find contentment. good luck!
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #3  
Going on a cruise w NKOTB

Height: 5'3"

I couldn't agree with you more. I just posted yesterday that I'm grouchy and feel like I could cry or kick someone for no apparent reason.

Last edited by NickiChick; 02-10-2009 at 08:35 AM.
NickiChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

It does sound like you're going through a transition, but you're changing not everything around you. Maybe it's time to try something new? If you can't leave your job just yet, a new hobby, club, or vacation?
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #5  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I agree with aneleh--is there anything new you could try to spice things up a little?
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/264/160

Height: 5 foot 8

I feel that way a lot. I've had the same job for almost three years and I'm really not going anywhere and it can get really boring doing the same thing over and over. Plus I'm really tired of being where I am. I always disliked living in Florida and would like to move up north at some point. Once I get things on track.
Lucky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

omg i feel just the same. my friends called it my quarter life crisis.

perhaps you just aren't getting whaty ou want right now.

do you like your job? is it what you really want to be doing? does it challenge you?

it's hard now cos of the way things are but you know, there's no harm in looking. perhaps your dream job is out there even now. how will you know if you dont look?
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #8  
Size 10

S/C/G: 171\157\132

Height: 5'1"

I'm with you too. I've been totally grumpy and irratable and emotional for a few weeks now. For me its a combination of being bored at work and feeling like I have no money to go out and do fun things like travel. Plus I've wanted to move but this economy makes that option pretty unlikely too. On top of all that its Feb in upstate New York which means no sun, terribly cold, snowy and dirty. That's making me depressed too.

All I have done about it is think more and more about the spring and summer and all the fun things I want to do then. I've set out to find a new hobby or try something new... I've also thrown myself back into working out which helps my mood. You're def not alone feeling like this.
tigarlily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #9  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

i used to feel the same. I even got seperate once with my bf because i couldn't stand the boredome he gave me.

But after awhile, i realized that these boredom days are amazing. It gives me a peace in my mind and time to relax myself from everything.

So when I want to spice things up, I would make something different, like, suddenly go buy movies tickets and invite my bf to go with me - or just cook something i've never cooked before.

Good luck.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I am so glad to have found this thread. I have been feeling "stuck" and miserable for a few months now. I think in our 20s a lot of us are struggling with having a crappy job and not enough money. Many of us are trying to make it through school at the same time. The economy leaves us feeling like we are between a rock and a hard place because for those of us who are miserable at work, getting something else, much less something better, is close to impossible. We are trying to pave the way for our future including relationships with significant others and friends which can be challenging. I have noticed in myself recently that I am changing and evolving into a fantastic person and unfortunately, there are things in my world that do not have the same direction in mind, inlcuding certain friends and my work.

That having been said, I am blessed to be leaving my job in April and have financial support that makes it not ideal, but ok, if I can't find another job right away. I have made school my number one priority along with focusing on domestic duties and being healthy. In May my bf and I are moving to a new apartment that costs less and will save my bf and I $100 each a month. I canceled my 24 hour fitness membership ($30/month) in favor of the 30 day shred (the DVD only cost $17) and is working fabulously for me. Also, keep in mind that winter, especially where it snows, can give you the blues. I recently started taking supplements to help monitor my anxiety/depression naturally but supplements such as iron, fish oil and vitamin D3 are good for all women, especially in winter.

We might have a re-occuring support thread in the making. Hang in there ladies!
Digging Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #11  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I totally feel the same way and understand where you're coming from. This can not be all there is!! I feel like I worked my butt off in high school and college, and this is all I was working towards? Ripoff. I'm trying to find a new job that might actually entertain me, but it's really hard.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

20's can be hard. I thought my 20s would be all vacations to mexico and drinking with my friends. But it has been more building the foundation for my future. Instead of sexy vacations (except my honeymoon ) I bought a house went back to school twice, once for my masters and now my PhD, and worked a job I didn't love.

I just accepted a job and I am moving back to place I love so I think things may be (finally) turning around. I just need to get this weight off!

Last edited by ella13; 02-10-2009 at 07:50 PM.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #13  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i'm feeling like this also, but unfortunately only in the area of my relationship. i hardly see my boyfriend even though we live together. he's asleep when i leave,and i'm asleep when he gets home. we don't do anything anymore. and i have a pretty big crush on a guy in my class. i, too, know nothing will come of it. so much time by myself. i mean, my daughter is here with me, but it's not the same. she 's only 18months. so yeah, i'm kind of feeling blah these days.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #14  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Im bored and frustrated because I have no job, and its become hard because I have no car, and I have to work around my boyfriends schedule since he has a car.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

I'll jump on the bandwagon of 20 somethings with boring jobs/lives. I think in today's world, being in your twenties doesn't mean what it used to. It used to mean career, marriage, kids, house and basically your life until you die, you know? But now, with student loans and job requirements, it takes a lot longer to get your life together and organized. I think 30 is the new 20. I generally feel like a teenager with a steady income and my own apartment. I still feel lost, unsure of myself, out of place and generall unsure of who I want to be or what my real adult life is going to look like. I think you have this feeling for a reason, my solution was to go back to school and pursue my real career goals and ditch the dead end job I have now. Explore what your passion is (everyone has one!) and make sure everything you do in life is in support of that passion.
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote