Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Sick

On Monday, I noticed a little tickle at the back of my throat. By the time I left school yesterday, I felt absolutely awful. I went home and slept for six and a half hours, woke up and wrote my lesson plans for today, then went back to sleep for another seven hours. I woke up this morning, got ready, and went to school. Before I had been there an hour, I knew I wouldn't make it the whole day. I got a sub and headed home.

But I'm worried about my weight loss efforts. I wasn't hungry at all yesterday. I didn't eat breakfast, and ate half of my lunch. I didn't eat dinner either. I had a banana for breakfast today, and grabbed a breakfast sandwich when I ran to the store to get more medicine. I wasn't hungry, but thought I needed something in my tummy and am too achy to cook anything. I haven't worked out in two days either. The only thing I want is tea.

My question is: how is this going to affect my weight loss? Should I force myself to eat if I'm not hungry or just let my body do it's thing and tell me when I want food?
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I don't know if anyone can tell you how this will affect your weight loss--it probably depends on a lot of factors. Maybe if you don't feel like eating, you can just have some broth or something? I don't think you should worry too much, it probably won't have a big impact either way. Just do what feels right for you and get better.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Eating will not only make it so your weight loss doesn't stall, but it should also make you feel better sooner. Trust me, get as much chicken soup in your body as possible! If you can manage veggies and fruits, they should also help a lot.

Hope you feel better soon!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

I'm sick too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what's worse is whenever I'm sick I want POGOs!!!!! So now I've had a bunch of corndogs and am still sick. Anyways, I guess if you're giong to indulge it should be when you feel the crappiest.
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Ugh. I had that right before Christmas. No fun.

It may or may not affect your weight, but if it does, it's likely temporary. BUt like Kelly said, making sure you're getting proper nutrition will make you feel better sooner! Lots of soup and liquids... Feel better!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/245/150

Aawww!!!! I hope you feel better soon! I just nursed hubby back to health. So I hope everyone gets better soon!
lizzyluvscamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Try not to worry about your weight loss and focus on feeling better. Make sure you hydrate!!! Isn't it hard to miss a day when you are a teacher!
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #8  
EPW

S/C/G: 177/166/150

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, focus on feeling better. Rest, but make sure you are having something, soups, broth, something with some nutrients. Feel better
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #9  

I was sick for a good solid month and a half over the holidays (I'm sure alot of you remember me babying about it on here! lol) and I ended up losing 6 pounds by being lifeless and feverful on the couch. LoL!

I didn't have much of an appetite though and resorted to chicken noodle soup and cranberry juice for much of the time.

But being sick is one of those times where weight shouldn't be an issue. Your body needs nutrients to get stronger and to make you better! So don't feel bad...you can start right back up full-speed ahead when you're all well!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Thanks for all of the feedback guys.

Ella- missing a day is the worst. I ended up coming in today because my kids were so off track after yesterday! Sometimes it's better to suffer all day than to have to make up for all of the days you would miss. My kids are great though- when I'm sick, they are the sweetest things. If only I could get them to behave that way all of the time....

I managed to eat a piece of chicken today, and I've been drinking a ton of water and iced tea, so I'm staying hydrated. I'm just not getting better- probably because I'm not letting my body rest like it should!
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote