Old 01-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default Letter from the scale

Hello. I am the scale. We have met before, perhaps in your parent's bathroom when you where a child, perhaps at your yearly checkup with the doctor. But I would like to get to know you better. Much better.

I am so glad you went out and bought me. Look at me, so shiny and new. Just like your determination. Just like your new diet plan. You step on me, just to try me out, and I see the frown that crosses your face when you see the number. I am happy, because it means that you will visit me again.

It will start slowly. Maybe once a week in the beginning, just to check on your progress. But I am not happy with just a sporadic meeting here and there. I want you to visit me more often. I want us to be friends.

Soon you will begin coming to see me in the middle of the week, always feeling a bit guilty, unable to stay away from my numbers…sometimes they make you happy, sometimes they make you sad. I don't want you to be sad. I want you to smile when you step on me because the number I show has gone down. But I can't do this on my own. You have to show some initiative! Cut your calories. Just a bit. Maybe throw in a bit of exercise. I think if you came to see me more often, I could help you more.

Every other day now, you come to visit me. Good. I'm glad we're getting to be so close. I think about you often, and wish I could see you even more. Do you think about me? I want you to.

You should cut your calories more. Don't you hear me groan when you step on me?

Now you come to see me every morning when you wake up. I love starting our day together. But the number is what's important; what does it say today? Is it lower than yesterday? If it isn't, maybe you're not doing something right. Maybe you should take a diet pill today; it will make those inconvenient hunger pains go away so you won't want to eat. If you don't eat as much, my number will go down. And then we will both smile.

Today you came to visit me twice. I was surprised, so I let the number slide down just a bit, as a reward for you. I'm so happy you came to see me again. You're happy, too; the number made a smile cross your face. Good.

Again, twice in one day. Always, I let the number go a bit lower the second time. You love that, I can tell. I'm always trying to do things that make you happy. That's what good friends do for each other.

I want you to think about me when you're at work or at school, anytime that we're not together. I'm always thinking of you. If you thought of me more, the number wouldn't be so high. It's still too high, really. Maybe you shouldn't eat that cookie. Don't you think of me at all? Don't you want us to be happy together?

I want you to visit me more. I get so lonely when I'm all by myself, locked in this room. I miss seeing you smile.

Soon, though, you will. You will begin to visit me before you go to bed at night, too. You will run to me as soon as you get home, desperate to see me again. When you go to the bathroom, you will rush back to me to see if my number has changed. You will shed your clothes to stand on me, because you know how many pounds that lumpy fabric will add to my number. You will be thinking of me all the time, wishing that we could be together. I will be with you always, like a talisman hanging around your neck, chained to each other because of our bond.

You will consult me each morning, and I will tell you how many calories you deserve for that day. If the number is good, you will be able to eat. If not…well, you don't want to incur my wrath.

What is this? My grief, you fat cow! Has the number really gone UP a pound? What have you been EATING? Dammit, don't you see how this puts a strain on our relationship? Don't you WANT to be happy at all? Don't you see how big that number is? Don't you understand? I thought we were friends. But you continue to hurt me. After all that I've done for you, you show me this disrespect. I hope you will do better in the future.

I forgive you, though. You are my dearest friend, how could I not? I'm so glad we have each other. I'm so glad that we're such good friends. The mirror and the tape measure and even your friends and family will lie to you, but I never would. I love you too much. Your family and friends don't care about you the way that I do. They want you to be fat. I am a machine, and I don't know how to lie. My number is the most important factor of who you are. The lower it goes, the prettier and happier you will be. Don't listen to them. Listen to ME.

Friends forever.

Till death do us part,
Your Scale

Do u guys have any poems or letters or even quotes about weight? Hope you guys liked it.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #2  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

Haha, your relationship with the scale is much more friendly than mine.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

That letter sounds a lot like it's from an eating disorder point of view, scary. I personally really really don't like it. sorry.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

That letter does sound like the ED point of view...reminds me too much of days that I choose not to remember...

But yes, I DO have a poem or letter about weight loss...
It starts:

Mirror Mirror
show me lies...

You can guess what the rest of it says...
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

If that is written, tongue in cheek, then you have an insane knack for writing.

It was perverse in a way, like I was spying on this intimate relationship. A raw little excerpt inside a deluded mind. I hope this mind isn't your own.

I loved it, I can relate with a bit of it, but mostly enjoyed the embellished nature of it.
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #6  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

i found it on online and it wasn't from an eating disorder site. i just wanted to share it. i thought it was cute and funny and that's all. i don't have an eating disorder, i am doing this the old fashioned way. (healthy way) but in a way part of the letter sounds kinda like me. like the part about having the scale locked up and the fact that when i do get on the scale i do get a smile on my face when it does goes down and get upset when it doesn't when i know i've worked hard. I read the letter after i read some of ur comments where do u guys suggests its a eating disorder letter?

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 01-19-2009 at 10:44 PM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #7  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

I think the point is that you shouldn't feel so required to check your weight every 3 seconds, because it focuses on how "fat" you are and how fast you want to change it, which is the focus of many eating disorders. It's just another interpretation.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/229/170

Height: 5' 9"

I absolutely hate the scale. I use it almost every day though. I think that the obsession to lose weight plastered every where we look will result in minor bits of ED's in any woman who is trying to lose weight.
sweetpetite12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

I think it's the demeaning nature of the "voice" of the scale. Tempting, demenaning, false promises. KWIM?
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

CurvaceousCutie - I liked it and thought it was cute.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstar View Post
That letter sounds a lot like it's from an eating disorder point of view, scary. I personally really really don't like it. sorry.
I felt the same way when I read it. Kinda creepy
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Well this part, Your family and friends don't care about you the way that I do. They want you to be fat. I am a machine, and I don't know how to lie. My number is the most important factor of who you are. The lower it goes, the prettier and happier you will be. Don't listen to them. Listen to ME. and the parts about weighing several times a day and not eating because the number went up a number. and this part But the number is what's important; what does it say today? Is it lower than yesterday? If it isn't, maybe you're not doing something right. Maybe you should take a diet pill today; and this part that says The mirror and the tape measure lie? Nope sorry, they never lie but Scales do.

I think pretty much the whole letter is disturbing and not helpful or healthy at all. I hope someone on the verge of an anorexia or bulimia doesn't read it.

Last edited by willow650; 01-20-2009 at 04:18 PM.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #13  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

creepy.
but it was likely written sarcastically... i hope.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #14  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Yeah, it is creepy. But, I don't think you posted it intending to be that way. If you read it light heartedly, I'm sure we can all relate to it!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Height: 5'5"

Okay, this letter is obviously a joke and not in any way eating disorder related. Good grief people lighten up!
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote