Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #16  
Making A Change!

S/C/G: 240/130

I was so sad for Jerry, but it is true that he did have the support and means to do it at home. He looked great. Its too bad he had to leave. Joelle should have gone home. I agree she doesnt want to be there, she just irks me so badly!
brittanykathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/160

Height: 5'11''

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who cried! I'm so happy that Jerry was able to continue his hard work at home. Joelle's comment about "I'll fake it till I make it" just really bothered me. I mean, how many people would kill to be on that show!! You are given all of the tools to help you create a new life for yourself! She's money hungry and thats the real reason she's on the show - not because she wants to change. So sad.
MEGACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I've got an odd soft spot for Joelle because she reminds me in a way of my sister. My sister's 2 years older than me, and at last weight-in was 350+ pounds. Like Joelle, she's living at home with out parent. My sister is highly educated but can't get a job and attributes it a lot to the way she looks. Her self-esteem is in the negative numbers. She knows she needs to lose weight and WANTS to lose weight, but is SO afraid of more failure that it terrifies her to try. Like Joelle, she's full of "I can't" or "I'm trying" when she's really not as much as she tries to believe she is.

I can just relate in a way to Joelle's fears, I suppose. Is she in it for money? I think so...but all of them are, even if that's their secondary goal, or else they wouldn't be on the show.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 172/150.8/130

Height: 5'3

Yeah. Jerry's face broke my heart. He handled himself so well in the elimination room though and has done an amazing job at home!

I really wished Joelle was going home..but my goodness if she slacks off that much at the ranch I can't even imagine her working up a sweat at home. Her friend was so cute at home just dancing doing her thing!! Hopefully Joelle gets her butt in gear so Carla has the opportunity to come back.

I loved when Daniel was working out with Jilllian and told her to keep taking the speed up! He has a great spirit about him. I can't wait to see more!
diamondinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #20  

I saw Joelle's "fake it till you make it" as trying to talk herself into it (or up for it). It's odd that only one of these formerly inactive people gets shown dealing with the massive disconnect between how they they saw themselves and what they're now being asked to do.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #21  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGACK View Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who cried! I'm so happy that Jerry was able to continue his hard work at home. Joelle's comment about "I'll fake it till I make it" just really bothered me. I mean, how many people would kill to be on that show!! You are given all of the tools to help you create a new life for yourself! She's money hungry and thats the real reason she's on the show - not because she wants to change. So sad.
Yeah, but she's not money hungry in the way Vicky was last season, who was just awful and evil. I just don't think she has any idea how to really push herself. If I were Bob, I would have flipped out like that, too. I mean, the woman did not shut up. I would like to think that once I made it so far as to get on the show that she would have gotten the point and buckled down to do what she had to do, but it looks to me like she did a whole lot of sweet talkin' to get on the ranch. She just has no clue.

I'm so disappointed that Jerry went home. He would have been awesome for the other contestants to have on the ranch so I hope for the sake of the show's integrity (which is pretty low after Icky) Joelle gets it together.

And yes, I was definitely teary.

Last edited by junebug41; 01-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #22  

he is quite an inspiration to everyone trying to lose weight
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #23  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Yeah, but she's not money hungry in the way Vicky was last season, who was just awful and evil.
OMG I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who HATED Vicky. She was so evil!

Anyway, I cried too and I was having like a moral crisis at home like "Who would I vote for?!" cause it was just so hard!

I actually squeeled when they showed how much weight Jerry had lost. I was so scared that he wouldn't be able to change his ways. What an inspiration.

I hope Daniel stays on for a long time. I think he's cute and can't wait to see how he does.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #24  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I cried and cried!!!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

I, too, was sad to see Jerry go...but he did GREAT at home!

And can I just say, angry Bob is downright smokin'
blanna is offline   Reply With Quote