Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default My new fitness life.

So I went to this new fitness club but its like a boxing/kickboxing/mma place. I've always wanted to learn how to box and I thought it was really cool except for the only membership plan that really fits in my budget is to sign up for a 3 year membership. I'm like what? thats a LONG time to say that you want to be a member of somewhere. I can't decide if thats a good idea to get myself into something that extended.. what are your thoughts?

My company also has a wellness center on site. They do fitness challenges and I'm currently in the one where you wear a pedometer for a YEAR.. (whats with these long commitments?) and so many thousands steps you take you get prizes. I know I've been walking a lot more, being that I live downtown now, but today I walked (including my treadmill time) 8000 steps. I was shocked!

I feel like even though I'm not on here as much as I used to be that my life is getting more and more centered around this (semi) new lifestyle. I don't feel as close to you girls as I once did but I'd like to say that without you I wouldn't be doing all the things I'm doing now. I used to feel like you had to go to the gym and eat carrots all day to be healthy and now I have realized its all the little things that add up to our success. good job ladies!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #2  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Well, I know that I personally would never commit to 3 years. You never know what is going to happen in life. I won't even commit to to a year. I do month to month.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #3  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

kelli - we need your support too! and we appreciate you! i would NOT do the 3 year plan that is way too long. i would stick with the wellness center at work and see if i could take the kickboxing or boxing classes elsewhere. for a cheaper price
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

bjeweled you always give the best advice

kelli - I agree, don't do the 3 years. You may move or something you know? I love what you said about the little things adding up, you're so right!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #5  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Never do 3 years...even a year unless there is a way to get out of it because things happen...especially unexpected things and then you will wish that you weren't forking out cash for something that you have no way of using
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I've decided that you all are right. I've been looking for boxing clubs closer to downtown but I get the impression they are those underground fight club things lol. Thats the last thing I need to walk myself into. I've realized another reason why I feel less connected on here.. there's A LOT of people missing that were a part of me loving it here. Not that I don't love each of you- you know what I mean.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote