Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/233/198

Height: 5"9

Default Looking for a buddy :)

Hi all!!!

i looking for a buddy so we can set weekly goals!
every great success starts from making small steps

a little about me.,, im 19 years old and i just lost 65 pounds!! but im looking to continue and getting out of the plateau

hope you all had a great new year eve!!!
second chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I'll be your buddy!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #3  

Great im so excited to begin!!!

do you have any advice on how to shuffle between studying and doing sports? its always difficult for me to find time!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #4  
Melissa

Time management is always difficult, especially around really busy times like finals and what not. I am very good and justifying my way out of things and I used to always get out of exercising by rationalizing to myself that there just isn't enough time, one day off will not hurt (which turned into a week off), I'm tired, etc.

Now I just make it happen and it works out. I don't get to lounge around as much but the trade off is well worth it. If I know I'm going to have a busy day I wake up an hour early. Lately I've been going to spin and yoga classes which are wonderful because I plan them into my day so finding the time isn't an issue.

So you've lost a great deal of weight so far, way to go! Do you count calories or follow a specific plan? Do you have any mini goals set?

Right now I'm in some of the Valentine's day challenges and my *goal* is to real my goal. I would be pleased even if I didn't get there by V-Day but did by the end of February. Can't believe I'm so close but I know I will have to be strict during maintenance because I don't want to gain any back or yoyo at all.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:17 AM   #5  

your right spin and yoga sound great! if i plan it in my schedule i wouldnt be able to say.. "ill go later" like i always do i wanted to try spin for the first time.. is it a hard workout?

well im not counting my cals but i count the fat grams and eat under 20 fat grams a day.. this diet really worked out for me cause its not as strict as the other diets ive done i can decided what i want to eat but it has to be under 20 grams... but i also dont go over 1200 clas a day so im fine
what plan are you on?

i have mini goals. i want to get to 220 by march which is ANother 14 pounds.. and i also have a goal of walking 1000 miles in the gym

The Val Goal sounds great! it sounds do-able but still a challenge!! i know you can make it!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #6  
Melissa

I'm not on a strict plan either. I would consider myself a calorie counter, I try to stay between 1200-1600 per day. It's such a range because of the various workouts I do. On spin days (yes it's an awesome workout) I burn about an extra 700 calories so need more fuel. Yoga days I'm closer to 1200 and running days I stay around 1400. It is nice to be able to eat whatever you want as long as you have portion control.

220 by March is a very reasonable goal, one you can definitely achieve! I was in LA all day and pry went over my calories today but I don't feel guilty about it so couldn't have been too bad.

If you want to email eachother PM me and I'll give you my email address, sometimes it's easier to check than here. Either way works for me though!