Old 12-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #1  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Default How do you stop yourself?

So i am (or I guess was) the kind of person who would eat until I was over stuffed and thats when I would realized I wasn't hungry anymore. Well obviously that had to stop when I started my journey. It has been hard, but thinking to the future has really helped. I no longer go back for seconds at dinner time, and my lunches are much smaller and healthier now. So now to get to the point.

I went to subway for lunch today ( I LOVE subway!) and instead of getting a sandwich I decided to try one of their wraps...very simple, turkey, little cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, and olives. But when it was done...I felt the urge to eat more. I managed to talk myself out of really NEEDING more, but I really wanted it. If anyone else ever has the same problem, how do you make sure you don't do it? Gum, mint, brush your teeth...please help me!!
Thanks!
Jessiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I usually pause and tell myself "Do i really NEED this?" the answer is always no .

I Try to stay stuffed on water and am always chewing gum and drinking hot tea.. and jello ALWAYS helps.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Jessie Bear,

Do you know you can eat one of the Subway Veggie Salads for 60 calories total? Do not add cheese and get red wine vinegar only (no oil) in order to get it to this amount. Afterwards, if you want something else, add it. The chicken breast is only 100 calories.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #4  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Seriously?!?! Wow thats awesome I'll have to try that. I am such a huge fan of subway, and probably a huge contributer seeing as how it is so close to my office. Thanks ladies!!
Jessiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

It take at least 10 minutes for your stomach to let your brain know that you are full.

I will eat my meal and if I want more, I'll wait 15 minutes. If I'm still hungry, I'll eat veggies or something healthy.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #6  

I try to eat as slowly as I can (which is a challenge sometimes when I feel famished!). And I'm sure to drink plenty of water while I'm eating. If I still feel hungry afterward, I'll pop a piece of gum in my mouth...the chewing is comforting and it fools me into thinking I'm eating something else.

If THAT fails, I try to do something that would take my mind off of eating.
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #7  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I eat as slow as possible and if I'm not satisfied when I'm done I wait about 20 minutes,and if I still want more then I have something low calorie and bulky like salad or steamed veggies with lots of water. SOme days I'm just hungrier then others so I know how you feel.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

I have the same problem and am not always successful ...

Step 1 - I tell myself, if you can just wait 1 hour, then you can eat again.
Step 2 - I spray some Listerine Pcoket Mist in my mouth
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

At home I tell myself I can eat more of something, but it has to be something that I would want to eat only if I was really hungry and not just wanting to eat. For me that would be raw broccoli, a banana, something like that. No extra pasta, rice, unplanned dessert, or whatever. When I'm eating out, I have a rule that I can only eat what I planned on ordering--no second chances if I eat what I ordered and I still want more!
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #10  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Pretty sure a veggie sub even with nothing but veggies on it is about 220 calories. That bread is calorie-ific.

But I could be wrong...

(I just checked and it's about 220 with no cheese and dressings)

Last edited by carcar05; 12-10-2008 at 03:37 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

this happened to me last night... BF was out shopping so I just ate leftovers. i ate it sort of fast since I was alone and felt like i wanted more food and went into the kitchen llooking for something else. I knew there was some pasta in a tupperwear in the fridge. So instead of doing for that, I said to myself, alright, I'll put the laundry in first and then if i want to eat something after that, i will. Once I was done, that urge to eat more had past.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #12  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

now that i'm trying to watch what i eat and how much---as soon as i feel the i'm full thing---instead of finishing my meal--- i'll throw it out immediately---or if i dont feel like getting up to throw it away right away i'll pour something over it---like today we were having a free lunch thing at my work so i got mashed potatoes roast beef and some gravy i was still hungry so i went for seconds--- i didnt put that much the first time anyway--and the second time i put like half of what i had the first time===and you know what by the time i sat down to eat the second serving i only ate like a few bites and was done---and then poured my oj over it so i wouldnt touch it anymore as i was sitting with some friends and didnt want to get up to throw it out while they were talking --
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

If I'm at home, I try really hard to find something else to do - paint my nails for instance, or toenails. wet digits make it hard to eat stuff. Its also really hard to eat in the tub, so i've invested in some nice bubble bath. Or doing some other project with your hands : making jewelery, sewing, drawing, writing, something to keep you busy and your mind off the elephant in the room. (no pun intended, although when i'm binging i feel like the elephant )
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

ALERT! The wraps have more calories in them then the bread!!! I know, I though the wraps would be better to - get wheat bread; 200 calories per serving.

My subway sub is wheat bread (200) chicken breast (100) Cheese (100) extra lettuce, and lots a vinager. Only 400 calories, for a very satisying sandwich which fills me up! Usually I get apples and a diet pepsi if I'm really hungry.

I drink a cup of tea after, and be sure you're always sitting during meals, at the table (not in front of TV!) and eating on plates. If you're multi-tasking your brain won't register that you've just eaten a meal. According to my nutritionist anyways I believe her, it makes a HUGE difference! I have a habit of eating while standing in the kitchen, big no no!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #15  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

omg, this is my biggest problem i'm still working on overcoming. it's as if im missing the part of my brain that switches off hunger. i see food and i need it.

also, i have a big problem with eating too fast. so i try to eat as slowly as possible. another good thing for me, (even though they say not to), i eat while doing other things. like surfing the web, for instance. it helps me to stop in between bites and really take my time.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote