Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Typically:

~5:05/5:10 - something small, maybe half a cup of a green smoothie, maybe a few grapes

(workout)

~7 - breakfast

~10:30 - small snack, sometimes I have it earlier if I'm hungry (I'm still figuring this one out, I'm always hungrier at this time than I want to be)

~1 - lunch - varies sometimes, not always under my control

~3:30 or 4 - small snack

~7 - dinner

and usually a small snack sometime after, like a piece of fruit or a square of dark chocolate, sometimes right after dinner, sometimes later

All may vary about 1/2h, except my early morning snack and breakfast

I'm not counting calories, but breakfast is probably ~300 cal, snacks during the day are probably ~150. Lunch and dinner are about the same, because I often have dinner leftovers for lunch.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I normally have breakfast around 8am. -400 cals
Lunch is between noon and 1pm - 400 cals
Snack around 3:30ish- around 200cals
Dinner around 6pm - 500 cals
Before bed snack around 9:30-10:00, but only if i'm staying up late. btwn 1-200cals
Total - 1500-1700 cals

I go to bed most nights around 10:00, but if i have a lot of studying to do i might be up until 1am.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #18  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I wish I had a schedule. :/

Because of my job, I work night shift, so I don't eat dinner until around 9:30 - 10PM. And most of the time I don't go to bed until 3-4 AM, if I even get to sleep (thanks insomnia). I "skip" breakfast 90% of the time since I'm usually never up. I eat lunch, have a big "snack" (around 5-6PM depending) then I have my dinner. If needed, I'll have a small snack at 11PM. I guess technically lunch is my breakfast? My schedule is all mixed up compared to the norm.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 12-10-2008 at 08:56 PM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

I stick pretty religiously to my eating schedule. I don't wait until I am hungry, I just eat my planned meals/snacks at set times so that eating is "just something I do" and so I am not thinking about food all the time, gaming when to eat next. Sometimes this means a snack is a meal replacement/protein bar from my glove compartment...but I always have a snack when it is time for one.

7:30 Breakfast
10:30 Snack
12:30 Lunch
2:30 Snack
5:30 Dinner
8:30 Snack -- If my day has been too low in calories...I am trying to get in more now that I am in maintenance.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #20  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumeany View Post
I stick pretty religiously to my eating schedule. I don't wait until I am hungry, I just eat my planned meals/snacks at set times so that eating is "just something I do" and so I am not thinking about food all the time, gaming when to eat next. Sometimes this means a snack is a meal replacement/protein bar from my glove compartment...but I always have a snack when it is time for one.

7:30 Breakfast
10:30 Snack
12:30 Lunch
2:30 Snack
5:30 Dinner
8:30 Snack -- If my day has been too low in calories...I am trying to get in more now that I am in maintenance.
2 questions....

how many calories are you eating at each meal/feed?

what kind of meal replacements are you eating, i.e. brand, calories, content??

thanks!
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

I posted an average "weight loss" meal day on here in another thread earlier today...I'll see if I can find it and edit it in.

However, a general breakdown of my calories for one of my days during weight loss looked like this:

Breakfast: 300
Snack: 200
Lunch: 375
Dinner: 400
Snack: None or 100-200 depending if it was a "high" day for calories. I cycled my calories during my weight loss, averaging about 1500 a day over the week.

I also ate/eat mainly "whole foods" with limited sugar and limited non-whole grain carbs. Oh, except for the occasional protein bars. I MADE sure I got protein with EVERY snack or meal to keep me full, keep my blood sugar even and build lean muscle mass. I also got/get 30 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training Cardio and 15-30 minutes of Steady State Cardio 6 days a week. Strength training, at home, with "body weight" exercises like crunches, push-ups, etc. and with resistance bands 3 days a week.

As for the Protein/Nutrition Bars -- nothing fancy. I eat Balance Bars, mostly Caramel Blast and Chewy Chocolate Chip, 14/15 grams of protein for 210 calories or Zone Perfect Bars with 14 Grams of Protein for 190 calories...If I need to "replace" a meal, I carry around the Cliff Protein Bars that have 20 grams of protein and 270 calories. I avoided the protein bars with the sugar alcohol as sweeteners because they DO NOT agree with my stomach and, er, digestive system. I'd rather have some sugar than cramps. I should say, however, that the protein bars are not an EVERY day thing...I try to choose healthier options, but I do have one every other day or so...and I have been known to eat two in a day in a jam...

Right now I am working on trying to figure out my calorie level for maintenance as I am slowly continuing to lose...time to stop as the Size 2's are starting to fit. For the last three days I have eaten around 1900 or so a day -- slightly bigger breakfast and lunch with a 200 calorie evening snack.

Last edited by Schumeany; 12-11-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #22  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumeany View Post
I posted an average "weight loss" meal day on here in another thread earlier today...I'll see if I can find it and edit it in.

However, a general breakdown of my calories for one of my days during weight loss looked like this:

Breakfast: 300
Lunch: 375
Dinner: 400
Snack: None or 100-200 depending if it was a "high" day for calories. I cycled my calories during my weight loss, averaging about 1500 a day over the week.

I also ate/eat mainly "whole foods" with limited sugar and limited non-whole grain carbs. Oh, except for the occasional protein bars. I MADE sure I got protein with EVERY snack or meal to keep me full, keep my blood sugar even and build lean muscle mass. I also got/get 30 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training Cardio and 15-30 minutes of Steady State Cardio 6 days a week. Strength training, at home, with "body weight" exercises like crunches, push-ups, etc. and with resistance bands 3 days a week.

As for the Protein/Nutrition Bars -- nothing fancy. I eat Balance Bars, mostly Caramel Blast and Chewy Chocolate Chip, 14/15 grams of protein for 210 calories or Zone Perfect Bars with 14 Grams of Protein for 190 calories...If I need to "replace" a meal, I carry around the Cliff Protein Bars that have 20 grams of protein and 270 calories. I avoided the protein bars with the sugar alcohol as sweeteners because they DO NOT agree with my stomach and, er, digestive system. I'd rather have some sugar than cramps. I should say, however, that the protein bars are not an EVERY day thing...I try to choose healthier options, but I do have one every other day or so...and I have been known to eat two in a day in a jam...

Right now I am working on trying to figure out my calorie level for maintenance as I am slowly continuing to lose...time to stop as the Size 2's are starting to fit. For the last three days I have eaten around 1900 or so a day -- slightly bigger breakfast and lunch with a 200 calorie evening snack.

thanks for the info. i've been looking for something meal replacy when needed. and i agree, sugar alcohols are indeed the devil. i'm trying to wean myself off of them completely.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote